The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

The Kings are getting lots of interest in Tyler Bozak. We're open to moving him when the right deal comes along but we're also happy to keep him being a key part of a young, up and coming Leafs. We'd likely want a roster player preferably a good defenceman with a reasonable cap hit, a pick, and a prospect. We can also retain but as long as we get a fair offer. Send in your offers!

On 3/2/2017 at 2:10 PM, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To TOR: Radim Vrbata, STL 4TH 2017 

small.png  To NSH: Brandon Pirri (50% retained for 2016-17)

That awkward moment you trade Radim the Dream for a guy that can't even make an NHL roster...... sigh. I can't believe not a single team would give him a shot this year. He's still young... this trade pretty much ensured I finished in the 8th seed and got bent by SV :(

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2017/7/17/15965080/report-brandon-pirri-signs-with-swiss-team-zsc-lions-new-york-rangers-nhl-free-agency

22 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:
Congrats to Brian for a great career and good luck to his new gig with Blackhawks front office! Commish, it'd be great if you can remove the $2 million cap hit we had for buying him out now Campbell is retired! Please and thank you!

...Don't think it works that way. :unsure:

26 minutes ago, apollo said:

That awkward moment you trade Radim the Dream for a guy that can't even make an NHL roster...... sigh. I can't believe not a single team would give him a shot this year. He's still young... this trade pretty much ensured I finished in the 8th seed and got bent by SV :(

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2017/7/17/15965080/report-brandon-pirri-signs-with-swiss-team-zsc-lions-new-york-rangers-nhl-free-agency

Yup. That's why you lost to the team that dominated the entire season last year - not enough current and former Canucks.

If only you had Vrbata's playoff fantasy points to rely on... ...I don't have time to check...how many did he have again?

29 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Congrats to Brian for a great career and good luck to his new gig with Blackhawks front office! Commish, it'd be great if you can remove the $2 million cap hit we had for buying him out now Campbell is retired! Please and thank you!

6 minutes ago, D-Money said:

...Don't think it works that way. :unsure:

I was gunna say... you bought him out when he was still playing so you still "owe" him the money for the duration of the buyout :blush:

36 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Sadly you remain on the hook for that buyout.

51 minutes ago, Tylez said:

I was gunna say... you bought him out when he was still playing so you still "owe" him the money for the duration of the buyout :blush:

45 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

Sadly you remain on the hook for that buyout.

Okay thanks. I thought that once a player retires, then that means his contract is terminated but didn't know his buyout when we did it still applies even when he's not playing anymore. Fair enough though. 

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

Okay thanks. I thought that once a player retires, then that means his contract is terminated but didn't know his buyout when we did it still applies even when he's not playing anymore. Fair enough though. 

It's just that you've already applied to have him removed from your roster. He doesn't play on your team anymore, and you can't remove someone who doesn't play on your team.

It's rough, but bad timing is all.

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

Yup. That's why you lost to the team that dominated the entire season last year - not enough current and former Canucks.

If only you had Vrbata's playoff fantasy points to rely on... ...I don't have time to check...how many did he have again?

His points would have bumped me up to 7th seed bro! Wouldn't have had to play SV. 

LONG LIVE THE RADIM THE DREAM! 

Archived