The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

51 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To CGY: Nathan MacKinnon

small.png  To DAL: Max Domi, Lawson Crouse, 2019 CGY 4th

A big thank you to @Mr.Miyagi for the intense but fair negotiations and @Master Mind for processing so quickly! It was very very hard to part with Domi and Crouse as they are a huge part of our success plan going forward; however, the opportunity to acquire someone like MacKinnon does not come often so we took the risk and went for it. A contributing reason for the decision was that Domi and Crouse have expiring contracts in 2018, in which we also need to sign half of our team as well so acquiring MacKinnon at a great contract till 2023 made it easier for us to sign our key players this year and the next. Hoping for an Avs comeback this year :P. Anyhow, an extremely tough trade and honestly, we do not know how this would pan out until atleast 5-10 years down the road so we will keep a positive eye out and see how it goes down the road. Watch out Pacific, I'm coming for ya'll.

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To CGY: Nathan MacKinnon

small.png  To DAL: Max Domi, Lawson Crouse, 2019 CGY 4th

Thanks @maroe for the smooth negotiations. We don't make this trade lately as we really valued Nathan highly. We like the odds of the fact that Max may be able to produce close to his numbers and Lawson is A player with great potential to be great top six forward in this league. We feel really good about this trade and feel that we have gained two great assets.  Like I said it stings but it's eased with the players acquired.  This deal also gave us some Flexibility cap wise.  We have room to add now. Thanks @Master Mind for processing.

We are also still shopping Nick Bjugstad and Henrik Zetterberg.  We still haven't gotten a deal for Nick that really makes us think oh yeah we need to do that.  As we have said before he is still young and holds value and has shown in the past that he can produce.  Also doesn't hurt that he's playing on an up-and-coming Florida panther squad next year 

It's certainly been an interesting off season in CDC Puck. Bold moves by several teams in the Pacific and I can see a couple teams there moving up in the standings next year. I'd say that LA and Vancouver have lots of room to go up in the standings based simply on the fact that their goalies weren't fully utilized last year. Quick was injured for most of the season and from what I can remember the previous Vancouver GM had benched Holtby for the entire season until @Tylez took over right before the traded deadline. Combine that with a couple smart trades and it certainly wasn't surprising to see Vancouver make it to the finals last year.

Will that be enough to push some of the Metro powerhouses out of the top 10? Hopefully all of them but Pittsburgh ^_^ 

12 minutes ago, Watermelons said:

It's certainly been an interesting off season in CDC Puck. Bold moves by several teams in the Pacific and I can see a couple teams there moving up in the standings next year. I'd say that LA and Vancouver have lots of room to go up in the standings based simply on the fact that their goalies weren't fully utilized last year. Quick was injured for most of the season and from what I can remember the previous Vancouver GM had benched Holtby for the entire season until @Tylez took over right before the traded deadline. Combine that with a couple smart trades and it certainly wasn't surprising to see Vancouver make it to the finals last year.

Will that be enough to push some of the Metro powerhouses out of the top 10? Hopefully all of them but Pittsburgh ^_^ 

You added Talbot in the off-season so you have a great shot at the top too sir!

8 hours ago, Watermelons said:

Bold moves by several teams in the Pacific and I can see a couple teams there moving up in the standings next year. I'd say that LA and Vancouver have lots of room to go up in the standings

I think you forgot the Pacific team that's going to have the biggest improvement this coming season... #VivaLasVegas

13 hours ago, Tylez said:

As of this moment Vancouver is filing for a motion to relocate.

Columbus accepts the switch!

Monty and I are 2 Vancouver ex-pats, who would welcome the opportunity to return...albeit virtually.

20 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Monty and I are 2 Vancouver ex-pats, who would welcome the opportunity to return...albeit virtually.

Yes.

Otherwise, hard pass.

Now is as good time as any to post The Buffalo Sabres offseason update and roster, although we are certainly still active and making changes. It has been a busy offseason of tidying up an inherited roster, and taking our first steps towards our vision for the team. 

The last few months have seen us say goodbye to several of the oldest players on the roster, sending away Rinne, Hartnell, Schultz, and Edler. This frees up room for new roster players, averaging around 10 years younger: lead by Teravainen, Slavin, Smith, and Mueller. We were pleased to be able to do this without mortgaging any of our future rebuild;coming out positive in picks spent and acquired.

Perhaps more satisfying was seeing our prospect pool shift from a scattered mess to something resembling a stocked cupboard. We cleaned house, dropped questionable contracts and buried vets, and replaced them with several A and B prospects through trades and draft. Our minors still lack game breaking blue chip talent, but boast 3 or 4 full lines of players that I am genuinely excited about. 

Trades OUT: Purcell, Rinne, Hartnell, Schultz, Edler, Biega, Deangelo, Abols, Niklas Hanson, Jacob Moverare, Darren Dietz, Stefan Noesen, Ribeiro
3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th

Trades IN: Jaccob Slavin, Teuvo Teravainen, Craig Smith,  Andrei Markov,  Mirco Mueller, Kaapo Kahkonen,  Morgan Klimchuk, Tobias Lindberg, Yegor Rykov, Veeti Vaino, Alexis D'aoust
2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th,  

Free Agents:
Andreas Borgman, Michael Kapla, Mark Barberio, Gabriel Dumont, Anton Rodin, Curtis McElhinney,

NHL
Marchessault   Josephson     Wheeler
Henrique           Smith         Backes

Teravainen         Rask           Ryan
Donskoi          Beauvillier      Rodin

Ristolainen  Slavin
Markov    Severson
Enstrom    Mueller
Green        Barberio

Domingue, Lack

Minors
Klimchuk     Dahlen     Heinen
Robertson       Kyrou       Lindberg
 Dickenson    Davidsson    Shaw
Johnsson        Chase        Zaar

Abols, Blidh , D’aoust, Zhukenov, Dumont

Borgman  Rykov
Tuulola    Norell
 Vaino      Kapla
Ollas Mattsson

McElhinney
Kahkonen

Highlighted names mark players that are on our block, or we are actively in talks to move. Feel free to reach out anytime, we are always happy to chat. Between@Sestito'sHandMadeVodka , @GillisFace and I, we should always have someone available and on forum.

Our stated rebuild target is 2 years from now. 2019 marks the natural turning point for this team in contracts and age. All of our remaining vets will come off contracts in the same year that our kids need new ones. We hope to have moved any remaining vets by that point, and are happy to retain max value right up to that date. 

2 hours ago, Sygvard said:

Now is as good time as any to post The Buffalo Sabres offseason update and roster, although we are certainly still active and making changes. It has been a busy offseason of tidying up an inherited roster, and taking our first steps towards our vision for the team. 

The last few months have seen us say goodbye to several of the oldest players on the roster, sending away Rinne, Hartnell, Schultz, and Edler. This frees up room for new roster players, averaging around 10 years younger: lead by Teravainen, Slavin, Smith, and Mueller. We were pleased to be able to do this without mortgaging any of our future rebuild;coming out positive in picks spent and acquired.

Nice work, and truly now, welcome to the league! I look forward to what else you can accomplish?

But slow down a bit. You are in our division... :P

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

We are glad you are here, virtually. Youre welcome to your world.

4 hours ago, Monty said:

Yes.

Otherwise, hard pass.

Image result for manitoba mosquito monument

Archived