The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Okay so gaunce gets name alternate captain for both his OHL subway games. I wish there was some explanation for how Hay bashes him, this board bashes him, at this point I wonder if his mothers bashing him. But at every point he's shown leadership, determination, skill, high IQ and everyone underestimates and undervalues him. Flip he's what 19?

Bloody ignorance... CDC says he hasn't improved and that he's on the same ppg pace. You're joking me right? The bulls plummeted from last year and he's playing with nowhere near his line mates from last year. Everyone's chubs for cassels, don't you think Gaunce would have the same numbers playing with that skill cole is, or on such a good team like London knights? Give your heads a shake and don't post negative things on this thread.. It's just useless ignorance

Okay so gaunce gets name alternate captain for both his OHL subway games. I wish there was some explanation for how Hay bashes him, this board bashes him, at this point I wonder if his mothers bashing him. But at every point he's shown leadership, determination, skill, high IQ and everyone underestimates and undervalues him. Flip he's what 19?

Wasn't it Sutter that bashed him not Hay? Either way I get your point, Gaunce is certaintly recognized for his leadership abilities in the OHL at the very least.

I never understood why Gaunce gets so underrated by people on here.

I would rank him as one of our top three prospects behind only Horvat and Shinkaruk. But I think he has even more of a chance of being a regular NHler than Shinkaruk at this point.

• Upvote 2

I would rank him as one of our top three prospects behind only Horvat and Shinkaruk. But I think he has even more of a chance of being a regular NHler than Shinkaruk at this point.

I'd go alomg with that premise. What I liked about taking Shinkaruk was Gillis was willing to take a flyer on the kid, big gamble....big reward if he turn out to be an NHL. We can't stock the team with players like Gaunce...who I think willl for some reason be a regular...we have so many like him "safe" players we need some players like Patrick Kane. The likes of Gaunce...Higgins...Hansen all clones

I'd go alomg with that premise. What I liked about taking Shinkaruk was Gillis was willing to take a flyer on the kid, big gamble....big reward if he turn out to be an NHL. We can't stock the team with players like Gaunce...who I think willl for some reason be a regular...we have so many like him "safe" players we need some players like Patrick Kane. The likes of Gaunce...Higgins...Hansen all clones

absolutely. horvat and gaunce are necessary type players for championships. i fully support the logic that you have to build a strong base with these types of guys before gambling on an offensive player like shinkaruk. picking horvat and having gaunce in the system already significantly reduces the risk that came with picking hunter IMO. although i am also of the opinion that shinkaruk will definitely be a vancouver canuck, and a big producer for us.

Agreed, although I would also rank Corrado ahead of Gaunce as well, but Gaunce is IMO the Canucks 3rd best forward prospect. Right now if I had to choose between keeping Gaunce and Jensen I would keep Gaunce.

Gaunce played a very, very good game in the Superseries. Every time he stepped on the ice, he was very noticeable. He crashed the net a lot and was played in every situation except the PP.

He does look a bit slow still, but hopefully he can change it. If he can, he will be a very good 2 way player

Gaunce played a very, very good game in the Superseries. Every time he stepped on the ice, he was very noticeable. He crashed the net a lot and was played in every situation except the PP.

He does look a bit slow still, but hopefully he can change it. If he can, he will be a very good 2 way player

I think he has alot to prove to make team Canada and he knows it.

steve simmons@simmonssteve 8m

Big trade in OHL tonight. Former Canucks 1st round pick Brendan Gaunce and a draft pick to the Erie Otters for Stephen Harper and 4 picks.

They traded Gaunce for Prime Minister Harper?

steve simmons@simmonssteve 6m

Gaunce was OHL captain vs. Russians. Erie loading up for playoff run early. #mcdavid #connorbrown #oscardansk

Edited by winthecup