The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

I don't see anywhere in Elvis message where he says Gaunce doesn't need to speed up. In fact he says in his 2nd paragraph it something he can work on. Elvis makes a suggestion that he needs to work on his ability to glide for defensively coverage vs stop and go, the latter likely not being a strong point for Gaunce. At least right now. In other words Elvis is saying Gaunce explosiveness and first stride are lacking, so he should work on his ability to keep his motion going at a minimum.

I just don't agree with him when he says that its not a huge issue. It is as if he is trying to downplay it. And Elvis has obvious beef with me. He subtly ripped on me in his post.

Do you enjoy posting stupid comments like these?

Do you enjoy not adding anything to the discussion?

I just don't agree with him when he says that its not a huge issue. It is as if he is trying to downplay it. And Elvis has obvious beef with me. He subtly ripped on me in his post.

Do you enjoy not adding anything to the discussion?

Then don't say stupid crap like Gaunce won't get any faster and you won't get stupid replies.

Nice one Elvis.

You can't be knowledgeable,if you don't think he needs to get faster. How will he be able to shutdown any top line center if they can skate circles around him? If he's not fast enough for World Juniors, he's not fast enough for the NHL

Hahaha!

Others have beat me to it but clearly you're trying to ignore not only facts but also what people are really posting to continue to slag on Gaunce. That is a large part of why there's so much vitriol around your posts on the subject, and you've failed again and again to realize this.

Again, it's not that he isn't fast enough for WJHC alone that's kept him off the team. Is that a factor? Perhaps, but there's also the fact that the players who have been chosen are pretty darn good and may just have strengths over Gaunce that make them more important. Also, at what point does he become redundant, with other 200' centers like Horvat and Laughton already on the team.

You once again focus on the one thing you've continued to state from your watching limited minutes and highlights when other factors are also present and perhaps even more prominent in a given situation. Discounting detailed opinions substantiated by facts and supported by professional hockey scouts with hugely simplistic replies isn't helping you either.

Alrighty then, that can be my last post to dangler, since clearly he's still trying to play a beat up old bugle even when he's being handed a brand new trumpet.

You can teach speed, that is what power skating coaches are for. This is especially true for young players who do not skate technically sound. I have faith he will speed up, but let's be honest here... This kid has heart and a willingness to go to the dirty areas. I seem to remember a couple young third liners years back that we're VERY slow. These two young men went on to lead the team to a scf... I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with schmedin.. :)

Just a reminder, but Erie's on the Friday Night Sportsnet game tonight:

I can't find it in the guide actually, so may not be on out west. Looks like there are UFC fights on tonight (plus WWE an poker :rolleyes:) so that might be in the way.

Edited by elvis15

Why the **** are we getting poker out west instead of OHL hockey like the east????

Probably because the OHL games are in Ontario so they wouldn't expect us to watch it.

But I don't know anyone who watches poker, hell I don't even know why they put it on TV...

lmao! haha. winning

:angry: lol

Probably because the OHL games are in Ontario so they wouldn't expect us to watch it.

But I don't know anyone who watches poker, hell I don't even know why they put it on TV...

They put Friday night hockey on every station, every week, why is this week any different? I really wanted to see it ugh...

I hate Sportsnet for this.