The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I forgot Corrado was a regular, that's why his number changed right? How's he doing this season? Havn't seen him in many games...

Corrado is getting the Tanev treatment this season, he's playing in the AHL to get big minutes and is easily the best dman in Utica. He's less likely to get called up now because of how solid our defense has been and so that he can keep playing big minutes while we bench Weber/Alberts most of the game.

He deserves to be an NHL'er and I feel that Management gave Corrado #26 in Utica as a show of faith

• Upvote 1

yeah, but he still wore it with the team in the season

and hodgson wore 39 before getting 9. so what?

Schroeder should have made the team this year, injuries are in the way and I expect him to spend the season up after a conditioning stint, barring any significant setback in his play from said injury.

It also doesn't help that his #18 has been taken both years he's been on the team.

its great that you expect that. i expect you to be wrong.

and if the canucks were prepared to give schroeder his big boy number this year, whyd they let a waiver wire pickup have it instead?

@tas, INJURED, should be the reason.

reason for what, schroeder not getting his number? if this was the year for him to graduate they would have given it to him in training camp. at the very least they would have kept it available until he was healthy.

schroeder isnt in this teams plans.

Wow, your confident, matter of fact statement makes it seem like you know the team's plans better than Gillis himself...

I have no idea what will happen to Schroeder but one thing I have noticed about MG's moves is that he doesn't like dealing from a position of weakness whether it means the team under performing OR a player not playing up to potential (trading him at a low value)

Think about what happened to Schneids and Lu. EVERYONE knew MG was trying to trade LU so the value was not there and as a result, he traded Schneider instead.

If Schroeder does get traded, I think it would be part of a much larger deal in which we get a bonafide top 6 player back. Otherwise, I think Schroeder is still safe.

• Upvote 2

Hey isn't this Horvat's thread? I love arguing about what player numbers mean, but maybe we should get this back on track.

What does everyone think about Bo playing with Mcdavid and Reinhart?

That's a pretty young line, but putting Bo with two potential 1st overalls will be pretty awesome to watch. Show's Sutter has a ton of confidence in Bo's game Offensively and Defensively.

• Upvote 3

Hey isn't this Horvat's thread? I love arguing about what player numbers mean, but maybe we should get this back on track.

That's a pretty young line, but putting Bo with two potential 1st overalls will be pretty awesome to watch. Show's Sutter has a ton of confidence in Bo's game Offensively and Defensively.

It's very, very good. Playing with world class players on a beast line is definitely a confidence booster for himself, as he knows that Sutter believes in him.

Can't wait for the juniors.

Thanks for righting the ship...

Can't wait for that line to dominate, leaving no doubt which is the first line.

I agree. I think Dalpe will become a better player, especially since he's now able to watch and learn from guy like Kesler.

Wow, your confident, matter of fact statement makes it seem like you know the team's plans better than Gillis himself...

I have no idea what will happen to Schroeder but one thing I have noticed about MG's moves is that he doesn't like dealing from a position of weakness whether it means the team under performing OR a player not playing up to potential (trading him at a low value)

Think about what happened to Schneids and Lu. EVERYONE knew MG was trying to trade LU so the value was not there and as a result, he traded Schneider instead.

If Schroeder does get traded, I think it would be part of a much larger deal in which we get a bonafide top 6 player back. Otherwise, I think Schroeder is still safe.

Grabner? Hodgson?

I agree. I think Dalpe will become a better player, especially since he's now able to watch and learn from guy like Kesler.

Grabner? Hodgson?

Hodgson was put mainly in offensive situations to inflate his offensive statistics.

That was dealing from a position of strength.

Hodgson was put mainly in offensive situations to inflate his offensive statistics.

That was dealing from a position of strength.

Small sample size though. It's likely he could've gotten more for him with two years of inflated stats. I like Kassian a lot but he could've gotten an additional pick at least. Hodgson's value today is higher than it was then...

Not to mention that he has been chosen to play center despite those two potential 1st overalls being centers themselves. Hopefully they will find some chemistry early on and put up good numbers. They might be our most dangerous line away from the puck; with all that IQ, I can't wait to see their transition game.

Not to mention that he has been chosen to play center despite those two potential 1st overalls being centers themselves. Hopefully they will find some chemistry early on and put up good numbers. They might be our most dangerous line away from the puck; with all that IQ, I can't wait to see their transition game.

It'll be interesting to see if Bo can get those two to play his kind of two-way game. There's no way they won't be matched against other teams' top lines, so these guys better not be in cherry-picking mode. Giving him those wingers is a leadership assignment for Bo, but also a vote of confidence in his offensive ability. I like it.