The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Absolutely loved the video. Not only is Bo a good player but he's also a humble, hard working confident individual. 

Moved to small town Ontario seven years ago (from Castlegar, spent 30 year on the Island) and aside from missing the mountains don't regret it a bit.   This video does a great job representing the farming communities that cover the map of small town Ontario...great people, excellent hockey talent all over the place.  GTA may be the 3rd biggest city in the US/Canada, and have 60% of Ontario's poplulation, but it is the humble and modest farming community that feeds the province, takes stewardship over the land and represents the area so well.  So happy we have Horvat, it was a horrible blow to lose Schneider, and then Luongo, but he is exactly the type of young player we need to take over the leadership of our team in a couple years.

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Man that is a great insight through his father's eyes--being separated so young. Every parents worst thoughts but he toughed er out.

The parents call him 'Bowie' ha his goal song could be "Heroes" by David Bowie

I remember his dad saying he was named after various athletes he admired like Bo Jackson etc., but then in that video where Jake and Ben did teammate trivia they said Bo was named after David Bowie.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I remember his dad saying he was named after various athletes he admired like Bo Jackson etc., but then in that video where Jake and Ben did teammate trivia they said Bo was named after David Bowie.

Yeah both mom and his dad called him Bowie--like a nickname I like it better than the others.

Man this kids got character...loved the old chewed up puck too (his first goal one).

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah both mom and his dad called him Bowie--like a nickname I like it better than the others.

Man this kids got character...loved the old chewed up puck too (his first goal one).

I think Bowie is his legal name, which is kind of cool since it's unique. I like his bling rings from his Mem Cup days. And those videos of baby Bo with his sick mullet ahaha

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling that Horvat is going to have a real breakout this upcoming season....Definitely underrated around the league,most likely because he's out west.....He got off to a slow start last year,but I think he's pretty much got it figured out now..Looking forward to the year of the Ox.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

I have a feeling that Horvat is going to have a real breakout this upcoming season....Definitely underrated around the league,most likely because he's out west.....He got off to a slow start last year,but I think he's pretty much got it figured out now..Looking forward to the year of the Ox.

I agree.  Even with the heavy lifting he will certainly take on defensively, I see Bo getting to 60+ points this season, and in consideration for the Selke.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...