The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Utica Comets Thread

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So for centre depth we have what? 

Cassels, Valk, Chaput, Zalewski? 

We had a surplus of centres a year ago, now it's looking sort of thin. 

LaBate? And with Gaunce another Center plays now in VAN,

6 + Henrik, Sutter, Horvat, Granlund - 10 Centers looks good for me.. or what do you mean?

We "lost" Vey and Friesen.. anyone else?

4 minutes ago, Cocolocci said:

LaBate? And with Gaunce another Center plays now in VAN,

6 + Henrik, Sutter, Horvat, Granlund - 10 Centers looks good for me.. or what do you mean?

We "lost" Vey and Friesen.. anyone else?

I wasn't sure if Labate was wing or centre. For the NHL team yes, they are ok, Vey, Friesen, and McCann is what we've traded or let go. Like I said we seemed to have gone from a log-jam, now it's thinned out a bit. 

54 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I wasn't sure if Labate was wing or centre. For the NHL team yes, they are ok, Vey, Friesen, and McCann is what we've traded or let go. Like I said we seemed to have gone from a log-jam, now it's thinned out a bit. 

So some of that depth's been shifted to D(Gud; drafting Olli)..seems wise.

On 10/13/2016 at 0:01 AM, stonecoldstevebernier said:

None of the radio guys here know anything about any prospect that isn't a first rounder. Its honestly kind of infuriating how little they know sometimes. I guarantee most of them didn't know anything about Labate before this preseason even though he was drafted five years ago. I think it was Botchford last year who was campaigning for Subban to be called up, because all he and the other reporters do is look up stats on hockeydb and don't actually research what's going on in the farm system. Listening to the morning show with Bro Jake and Pratt is flat out unbearable.

Green's doing a remarkable job with what he's been given, you're spot on. I'd trust you or any of the other Utica posters over any so-called professional reporter we have any day.

On 10/13/2016 at 0:01 AM, stonecoldstevebernier said:

None of the radio guys here know anything about any prospect that isn't a first rounder. Its honestly kind of infuriating how little they know sometimes. I guarantee most of them didn't know anything about Labate before this preseason even though he was drafted five years ago. I think it was Botchford last year who was campaigning for Subban to be called up, because all he and the other reporters do is look up stats on hockeydb and don't actually research what's going on in the farm system. Listening to the morning show with Bro Jake and Pratt is flat out unbearable.

Green's doing a remarkable job with what he's been given, you're spot on. I'd trust you or any of the other Utica posters over any so-called professional reporter we have any day.

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 11:17 AM, DeNiro said:

Wow, so to anyone who's talking about moving the farm team to Vancouver. It ain't happening.

They are committed to Utica long term, as they should be.

I get all the arguments about staying in utica. For purely selfish reasons i wonder if they were in bc would someone put a camera in there so i could watch the games? I can't sit through the utica broadcast. People say they worry about the fishbowl effect of being in bc but do the marlies suffer from that? 

15 hours ago, KillerClown said:

Could someone please help me out with Projected lines. I am trying to set up the Comets in NHL 17 it's just hard trying to wade through a bunch of players that shouldn't be there or I am not sure if they are still around.

I posted one a couple pages back, but I guess it could use a few adjustments now that the dust has settled on the roster. We'll find out what the official lines look like today against Toronto, though! My best guesses:

Zalewski-Megna-Grenier
Hulak-Chaput-Rendulic
Archibald-Hamilton-Bancks
Labate-Cassels-Carcone
(Kunyk, Valk, LaPlante, Roy)

Billins-Stecher
Pedan-Shields
Sautner-Subban
(Nilsson, Negrin, McEneny)

Bachman
Demko

4 hours ago, austy said:

I get all the arguments about staying in utica. For purely selfish reasons i wonder if they were in bc would someone put a camera in there so i could watch the games? I can't sit through the utica broadcast. People say they worry about the fishbowl effect of being in bc but do the marlies suffer from that? 

Toronto fans are not Vancouver fans. We have to cope with hordes of self entitled idiots who know next to nothing about the game. Keep the farm team in Utica where the fans know how to support them through thick and thin.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Toronto fans are not Vancouver fans. We have to cope with hordes of self entitled idiots who know next to nothing about the game. Keep the farm team in Utica where the fans know how to support them through thick and thin.

They were tailgating for their home pre-season game. It has to be a great arena to play in. I hope they stay there for a long time.

It would be good if Canucks TV would broadcast Utica games, but I think the AHL has a pay service for it's games. I have say even on the radio the crowd in Utica is nothing short of phenomenal. I'm very happy with Utica. Just as I was happy with the Moose in Winnipeg. Chicago, well not so much. 

44 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It would be good if Canucks TV would broadcast Utica games, but I think the AHL has a pay service for it's games. I have say even on the radio the crowd in Utica is nothing short of phenomenal. I'm very happy with Utica. Just as I was happy with the Moose in Winnipeg. Chicago, well not so much. 

As am I...we have had only 12 major affiliates since we came into the NHL so its a move they dont make often....

Vancouver Canucks [NHL] Farm Teams

Season Farm Team League
1970-1972 Rochester Americans AHL
1971-1974 Seattle Totems WHL
1974-1975 Seattle Totems CHL
1975-1978 Tulsa Oilers CHL
1978-1982 Dallas Black Hawks CHL
1982-1988 Fredericton Express AHL
1988-1993 Milwaukee Admirals IHL
1992-1994 Hamilton Canucks AHL
1994-2000 Syracuse Crunch AHL
2000-2001 Kansas City Blades IHL
2001-2011 Manitoba Moose AHL
2011-2013 Chicago Wolves AHL
2013-2016 Utica Comets AHL

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

As am I...we have had only 12 major affiliates since we came into the NHL so its a move they dont make often....

Vancouver Canucks [NHL] Farm Teams

Season Farm Team League
1970-1972 Rochester Americans AHL
1971-1974 Seattle Totems WHL
1974-1975 Seattle Totems CHL
1975-1978 Tulsa Oilers CHL
1978-1982 Dallas Black Hawks CHL
1982-1988 Fredericton Express AHL
1988-1993 Milwaukee Admirals IHL
1992-1994 Hamilton Canucks AHL
1994-2000 Syracuse Crunch AHL
2000-2001 Kansas City Blades IHL
2001-2011 Manitoba Moose AHL
2011-2013 Chicago Wolves AHL
2013-2016 Utica Comets AHL

Now that the org owns the AHL franchise the location becomes more directed. One has to wonder where the Canucks would be if they had owned a AHL franchise from the beginning?

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Now that the org owns the AHL franchise the location becomes more directed. One has to wonder where the Canucks would be if they had owned a AHL franchise from the beginning?

true..it must have been a kick in the butt for the Totems being our farm team after playing against us so long in the WHL....

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Archived