The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Teravainen & Bickell to Carolina

2 minutes ago, SwedeHockey said:

I see. 

Didn't realize they got Saarela as well. 

Monty will pleased :P 

IMO Saarela could be the best piece out of all 3 of those pieces. The Canes might just be a contender in the coming years. Sebastian Aho, Noah Hanifin and Aleksi Saarela all 2015 picks.

Just now, iinatcc said:

The fact Bickell got traded with that contract means it's possible to trade Burrows and Higgins for picks.

Sure, if we throw in Jake Virtanen or Ben Hutton, we could definitely get some picks back for Burrows and Higgins.

Just now, iinatcc said:

The fact Bickell got traded with that contract means it's possible to trade Burrows and Higgins for picks.

Yes, Burrows can be traded but JB will have to add a pick or prospect. Bickell does not get traded without TT.

1 minute ago, suitup said:

If I were the Canucks I would've made that trade. Getting Teuvo is worth it, for those who have seen him play know how skilled he is. Not to mention, Bickell's contract would've only been for a year. 

Just imagine all the cries we'd hear.

"We gave up another 2nd for a soft center, we already have Vey and Granlund"  haha

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

If Bickell can get traded with that contract I don't see why Vancouver can't trade Higgins or Burrows.

Sure, but it would take virtanen or boeser along with burrows. Do you really want to make that trade when we're not in cap hell like the hawks and can handle burrow's final contract year with no problems?

2 minutes ago, suitup said:

If I were the Canucks I would've made that trade. Getting Teuvo is worth it, for those who have seen him play know how skilled he is. Not to mention, Bickell's contract would've only been for a year. 

It'd have helped if the Canucks were able to acquire some picks during the tdl or had Shinkaruk as a trade piece.

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Just imagine all the cries we'd hear.

"We gave up another 2nd for a soft center, we already have Vey and Granlund"  haha

"I thought Benning was a scout! How is he supposed to draft players without- blah blah blah..."

I remember, the only thing I wanted for sure in the Kesler deal was Teviu.......and I still think, CHI should have offered him up. And that he will be a 60pt player.

Well, those contracts to Toewes and Kane are coming home to roost, they are now hemorrhaging top young talent.

Sorry, but it's time for another lock out, the weasels have found their way around the cap and it needs to be fixed.

Along with contract length, no-trade cluses, max % of cap spent on one player and yes the instigator.

The salary/albatross contract holes need to be sealed, ANY player should be eligable for trade, NO contract should be allowed over 6 years, at age 32 it should be 4 years max and so on, no player in this league should be making 10 million per, franchise player should be eligible to make 8, everyone else should be maxed at 7mil, they have so many other revenue streams from playing in the league, I don't know why they feel they need to wring every last dollar out of it, the journeymen? Sure, they need to make all the money they can as fast as they can, but the superstars are making so much cash that those last couple of mil makes no difference to their lives.  Solve the rat problem by letting the exterminators, back in the game, and please.....no more micro managing refs, human error on their part is a part of the game, let them get a feel for a game and run it as they see fit. Including instigator penalties, which should only be given out if a ref feels a fight was started egregiously, without an in-game cause.

13 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I don't understand what you are trying to say. 

I dunno... you keep saying it's a joke but when you repeat it every day then one starts to wonder if it actually is in humour.

It's like that guy who constantly makes bigoted remarks and then says, "Lighten up, I'm just kidding."

After a while you REALLY don't think it's meant in jest.

1 minute ago, suitup said:

Or just made a trade with Granlund or Grenier. 

Chicago did not want any roster players back due to cap space so they wouldn't want Granlund. And I think Chicago would rather take a chance on a draft pick than Grenier.

Just now, theminister said:

I dunno... you keep saying it's a joke but when you repeat it every day then one starts to wonder if it actually is in humour.

It's like that guy who constantly makes bigoted remarks and then says, "Lighten up, I'm just kidding."

After a while you REALLY don't think it's meant in jest.

It's a highly exaggerated version of my perception of Jim Benning. I think he is a highly interesting and funny character to be honest. I wish I could draw really good because he is a cartoon waiting to happen. 

Archived