The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

3 minutes ago, guntrix said:

TGC's reading comprehension strikes again. 

Most people initially didn't crap on Juolevi, they simply stated that Heiskanen was a better prospect, which should not be considered trolling. This convo went downhill as soon as the White Knights started taking personal offence to one poster stating that Heiskanen was simply a better prospect based on merit. 

And the homerism slight is true. CDC has always been extremely biased but now you've got people blatantly lying. Now that's something. 

Bull.

It wasnt some innocuous comparison between Juolevi and Heiskanen.  Miro having a better season by virtue of ice time and similar stats isn’t in dispute.

The issue is Heiskanen being drafted a year later was used as a cudgel to somehow diminish Juolevi’s season development curve.  That’s inflammatory and you’d have to be pretty obtuse or deliberately trolling to not expect a response on the Canucks’ own forum.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, guntrix said:

TGC's reading comprehension strikes again. 

Most people initially didn't crap on Juolevi, they simply stated that Heiskanen was a better prospect, which should not be considered trolling. This convo went downhill as soon as the White Knights started taking personal offence to one poster stating that Heiskanen was simply a better prospect based on merit. 

And the homerism slight is true. CDC has always been extremely biased but now you've got people blatantly lying. Now that's something. 

Guntrix fails yet again and he suffers from reading comprehension. Pot meet kettle, indeed.

You're right about one thing, people on here have been blatantly lying. However, it's you and your little buddies spouting the lies as you continue to defend those crapping on Juolevi. It's not the "white knights" that's the problem here. And the one poster you keep defending has been doing nothing but trolling about Juolevi. But keep pushing those lies if it makes you feel better.

Oh, and the "homerism" you hate so much is a direct response to the pathetic pessimistic attitude users like you have that you try to convince yourself is you just being "realistic." Just another lie you tell yourself.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Guntrix fails yet again and he suffers from reading comprehension. Pot meet kettle, indeed.

You're right about one thing, people on here have been blatantly lying. However, it's you and your little buddies spouting the lies as you continue to defend those crapping on Juolevi. It's not the "white knights" that's the problem here. And the one poster you keep defending has been doing nothing but trolling about Juolevi. But keep pushing those lies if it makes you feel better.

Oh, and the "homerism" you hate so much is a direct response to the pathetic pessimistic attitude users like you have that you try to convince yourself is you just being "realistic." Just another lie you tell yourself.

Heiskanen is a better prospect than Juolevi. That is not a controversial statement nor should it be considered trolling. I'm sure the other 30 teams would rather take Miro over Olli; it's not his problem that CDC is offended by it. 

As for your middle and latter portions, point me in the direction of any lie told by these so called "haters." If you can't, you're just spouting emotional nonsense. You knew I was talking about Mr.Zepp's antics yet you opted to feed the sheep. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Huge setback for Sergachev - he has been scratched 2 times recently, and is a minus 6 in hi last 8 games.  Big red flag.  Hugely disappointing.  I dont know if he can improve, maybe the start of the season was an aberration.     If he is not lighting it up by again by video game level d+3 im gonna throw out my xbox and cancel my netflix

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/2018/01/25/mikhail-sergachev-understands-scratches-after-huge-mistake/

Wait Sergachev plays in the Finnish league? 

Oh, wait he already has 27 points in the NHL and will likely put 35+ points in his rookie season.

Would anyone care if Juolevi was in the NHL right now putting up good point totals who is making huge strides in becoming a future offensive top pairing d-man and being a healthy scratch? I would think no would really care because he's already looked elite in his rookie season and looks to have massive upside.

Whereas Juolevi is being healthy scratched in the Liiga when he should be dominating that league and being a key player for TPS.

For instance today, Heiskanen played 24:46 in his game and lead all players in ice time and had an assist.

That's what I expect out of Juolevi.

So do you see how it can be disappointing for some?

Edited by R.Dahlin26

2 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Oh, wait he already has 27 points in the NHL and will likely put 35+ points in his rookie season.

Would anyone care if Juolevi was in the NHL right now putting up good point totals who is making huge strides in becoming a future offensive top pairing d-man and being a healthy scratch? I would think no would really care because he's already looked elite in his rookie season and looks to have massive upside.

Whereas Juolevi is being healthy scratched in the Liiga when he should be dominating that league and being a key player for TPS.

For instance today, Heiskanen played 24:46 in his game and lead all players in ice time and had an assist.

He is though. 

Unless you expect a rookie defenseman in the Finnish league putting up PPG numbers as a defensemanCause that's never happened before. 17pts in 26gp. That's still 

pretty good. Yes he's been healthy scratched, we dont know why exactly. But TPS lost both games with him out of the line-up. 

Heiskanen yes is a year younger with 1 more point and plays roughly 5 more minutes and has played in 3 less games than Juolevi. Ask yourself, is he SIGNIFICANTLY outplaying Juolevi? One is in his D+1 season, the other is in his D+2.

FYI, I'm fine with comparing players as I feel like it's a good way to measure success. 

12 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

I can see it being disappointing if you look at it through a narrow scope where you expect Paul Coffee before the players 21st birthday and you ignore the fact that players have different trajectories.

My point of posting the above was to show that young players get scratched- no matter how well they were playing before - for several reasons...and this does not mean they are FAILING. This applies across different leagues.  It also shows that as we all expect Sergachev to play well again, there is no reason that Juolevi cannot continue on his impressive streak in Finland.  Maybe your red flag isnt as red as you think it is...

Edited by Darius71
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Would anyone care if Juolevi was in the NHL right now putting up good point totals who is making huge strides in becoming a future offensive top pairing d-man and being a healthy scratch? I think now would really care because he's already looked elite in his rookie season and looks to have massive upside.

Personally, I prefer to play the "wait and see" sort of approach. It's great that Sergachev has points and it's easy to look at him and compare him to Juolevi; however, is that really fair to compare in that regard or would it be better to wait and see what Juolevi actually ends up like int he long term?

The here and now has the potential to mean very little when it comes to the future of these players. I'm not saying what's happening now won't affect things at all. It will. However, to get wrapped up in the here and now too much can make it easy to distort an opinion and allow emotions to replace logic.

This seems to happen a lot on these boards (and I've been guilty from time to time too). We need to allow Juolevi time to develop. Although we also shouldn't be jumping to conclusions on Sergachev getting benched either. lol

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

He is though. 

Unless you expect a rookie defenseman in the Finnish league putting up PPG numbers as a defensemanCause that's never happened before. 17pts in 26gp. That's still 

pretty good. Yes he's been healthy scratched, we dont know why exactly. But TPS lost both games with him out of the line-up. 

Heiskanen yes is a year younger with 1 more point and plays roughly 5 more minutes and has played in 3 less games than Juolevi. Ask yourself, is he SIGNIFICANTLY outplaying Juolevi? One is in his D+1 season, the other is in his D+2.

FYI, I'm fine with comparing players as I feel like it's a good way to measure success. 

Not really IMO. Heiskanen is someone who is dominating. He skates all over the rink. Is a fantastic offensively and defensively. Juolevi is having a good year as well but not dominating if he was he would be on the Olympic squad. Juolevi still needs to improve defensively, his first couple steps, and overall intensity shift to shift IMO.

TPS went 1-1 with him out of the line-up. Today was the loss, so will be interesting if he is back in the lineup on Thursday.

11 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Personally, I prefer to play the "wait and see" sort of approach. It's great that Sergachev has points and it's easy to look at him and compare him to Juolevi; however, is that really fair to compare in that regard or would it be better to wait and see what Juolevi actually ends up like int he long term?

The here and now has the potential to mean very little when it comes to the future of these players. I'm not saying what's happening now won't affect things at all. It will. However, to get wrapped up in the here and now too much can make it easy to distort an opinion and allow emotions to replace logic.

This seems to happen a lot on these boards (and I've been guilty from time to time too). We need to allow Juolevi time to develop. Although we also shouldn't be jumping to conclusions on Sergachev getting benched either. lol

This is a solid response. Thank you for not screaming Troll! or some other childish things.

Some like the wait and see approach but I like to observe prospects development pretty closing and like to discuss about it frequently, I mean that's why we have these boards right? lol

Yes I have no doubt Juolevi will be a good player for us going forward, but it's okay to ask questions and express your thoughts especially about this recent benching because that's all we have to talk about him right now lol

Edited by R.Dahlin26

5 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

This is a solid response. Thank you for not screaming Troll! or some other childish things.

Some like the wait and see approach but I like to observe prospects development pretty closing and like to discuss about it frequently, I mean that's why we have these boards right? lol

Yes I have no doubt Juolevi will be a good player for us going forward, but it's okay to ask questions and express your thoughts especially about this recent benching because that's all we have to talk about him right now lol

For the record, I'm not saying it isn't alright to ask questions. I mean, as you've stated, why should we have a board in the first place if we didn't?

And, to me, wait and see really doesn't mean you can't ask questions now. It more means don't stare at those questions until you turn cross-eyed and want to think negative thoughts about things, because really, it's easy for that to happen sometimes with almost any prospect and and player in this league, especially if they are on the team you cheer for where emotions can kick in further.

• Cheers 1

I've never seen a team's "fan base" so willingly sh!t all over their prospects who aren't producing the desired results. It's embarrassing. If it's for a lack of effort or a poor attitude then I can understand the hate but to relentlessly tear down players simply because people feel the need to criticize others anonymously says more about the commenters than the young men trying to fulfill their dreams. Even the best drafting teams miss out on players every year but their fans don't constantly tear their prospects to shreds hoping to validate their own opinions.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Iggynucks said:

I've never seen a team's "fan base" so willingly sh!t all over their prospects who aren't producing the desired results. It's embarrassing. If it's for a lack of effort or a poor attitude then I can understand the hate but to relentlessly tear down players simply because people feel the need to criticize others anonymously says more about the commenters than the young men trying to fulfill their dreams. Even the best drafting teams miss out on players every year but their fans don't constantly tear their prospects to shreds hoping to validate their own opinions.

The hyperbole is strong in this one

36 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Not really IMO. Heiskanen is someone who is dominating. He skates all over the rink. Is a fantastic offensively and defensively. Juolevi is having a good year as well but not dominating if he was he would be on the Olympic squad. Juolevi still needs to improve defensively, his first couple steps, and overall intensity shift to shift IMO.

TPS went 1-1 with him out of the line-up. Today was the loss, so will be interesting if he is back in the lineup on Thursday.

Dominating on the big ice, which he’s played on his whole life.  Also, the ice surface of the Olympics.

I don’t think that’s a small distinction.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Great Canucks said:

Except he isn't wrong. You keep whining about Juolevi because he isn't meeting your specific narrow-minded expectations. Then you act all upset when other users rightly call you out on it.

Seems like you're the one upset.

You have brought nothing to the discussion and have whined repeatedly about big bad negativity!

Grow up.

4 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Seems like you're the one upset.

You have brought nothing to the discussion and have whined repeatedly about big bad negativity!

Grow up.

Funny, considering you haven't actually brought anything to this discussion other than whining about how Juolevi wasn't meeting your expectations even though he is still doing well so far. You don't like being called a troll, yet you still want to act like one by needlessly crapping on prospects.

Here's an idea, how about you take your own advice and grow up?

Edited by The Great Canucks
  • Upvote 4

Just now, The Great Canucks said:

Funny, considering you haven't actually brought anything to this discussion other than whining about how Juolevi wasn't meeting your expectations even though he is still doing well so far. You don't like being called a troll, yet you still want to act like one by needlessly crapping on prospects.

Here's an idea, how about you take your own advice and grow up?

What? Am I not allowed to have my own expectations about certain prospects? 

Are you happy he has been a healthy scratch for 2 straight games now?

• Upvote 1