The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

3 hours ago, mpass1 said:

Lol people still complaining that we didn't take Tkachuk? Lets only draft promising forwards then and never draft any defensemen, lets see how that one goes. LOL

The best part is that people can't even hindsight properly. If we're truly going to captain hindsight the Juolevi pick, you move down to early-mid teens, adding another pick/asset and take McAvoy +. Proper hindisghting and we still don't take Tka-puke ::D

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mpass1 said:

Lol people still complaining that we didn't take Tkachuk? Lets only draft promising forwards then and never draft any defensemen, lets see how that one goes. LOL

It's about maximizing value.

Hypothetically speaking, if the Canucks chose Tkachuk and the Flames took OJ.... as of right now, the Canucks could easily flip MT for a prospect like OJ plus a few other premium assets as well. 

If this was like the stock market... just because you earned lots of money from 2006 to now investing in RBC... it doesn't mean it's as good as an investment as investing in Google during the same time frame.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

No doubt Tkachuk is already a good NHL player, but Juolevi will also become a good NHL player. He's just taking the scenic route. Let's see how wonderful having Tkachuk is when he wants a new contarct. You can bet Daddy Tkachuk will be demanding his kid make top dollar with term and a NTC. Good times ahead for CGY.

Kind of a weak point when arguing in favour of Olli Juolevi over Tkachuk.......Most Canuck fans would prefer having a really good player who is looking for the big $,than having a 5OA who has yet to play a single NHL game (and at this point ,has an uncertain future).

I would like to see Juolevi succeed, but at a certain point..we have to 'get real' regarding this player.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Kind of a weak point when arguing in favour of Olli Juolevi over Tkachuk.......Most Canuck fans would prefer having a really good player who is looking for the big $,than having a 5OA who has yet to play a single NHL game (and at this point ,has an uncertain future).

I would like to see Juolevi succeed, but at a certain point..we have to 'get real' regarding this player.

Ya...Oli has already turned 21...which as we all know means he is all washed up as an NHL D.man....no D. ever enters the NHL after 21 and is any good....

Oh wait....how about half the  D. in the NHL enter the league after they turn 21....

Which statement rings true?

"Getting Real" regarding this player means giving him a year or 2 after he gets his first NHL game to see where he might end up as a 22 year old ( which is one year older than Quinn Hughes is now)

I think more Canucks fans would like a high minute D. over a high level of craphead Tchapuke....

Also if we had Tupchuck we couldn't sign one of Boeser, EP or QH ...all of whom I would much rather have....!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

The best part is that people can't even hindsight properly. If we're truly going to captain hindsight the Juolevi pick, you move down to early-mid teens, adding another pick/asset and take McAvoy +. Proper hindisghting and we still don't take Tka-puke ::D

That doesn’t work because mosr people aren't hind-sighting. Using hindsight only counts when people change their opinion based on recent events. In this case (I’m not included) a whole lot of people wanted tkachuk prior to the selection.  Therefor, they are finally serving the plate of crow they had already prepared.  

Like i said, I wasn’t one of the people that wanted MT over joulevi so I’m eating the exact same plate. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Ya...Oli has already turned 21...which as we all know means he is all washed up as an NHL D.man....no D. ever enters the NHL after 21 and is any good....

Oh wait....how about half the  D. in the NHL enter the league after they turn 21....

Which statement rings true?

"Getting Real" regarding this player means giving him a year or 2 after he gets his first NHL game to see where he might end up as a 22 year old ( which is one year older than Quinn Hughes is now)

I think more Canucks fans would like a high minute D. over a high level of craphead Tchapuke....

Also if we had Tupchuck we couldn't sign one of Boeser, EP or QH ...all of whom I would much rather have....!

Obviously ,posters get really defensive when it comes to OJ..For starters,I never said he was washed up, and we're all rooting for him to be an NHL player..Has he really demonstrated that he was worthy of a 5th OA since he's been drafted?..I would have to say no....Was he a reach at 5..?..No...Was he the right pick.?...No.. (and I hope I eat crow on this one).

Canuck fans would love to have Matt Tkachuk on this team..He would be a crowd favourite (he's just the player opposing fanbases hate).

Edited by Honky Cat
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

Obviously ,posters get really defensive when it comes to OJ..For starters,I never said he was washed up, and we're all rooting for him to be an NHL player..Has he really demonstrated that he was worthy of a 5th OA since he's been drafted?..I would have to say no....Was he a reach at 5..?..No...Was he the right pick..No.. (and I hope I eat crow on this one).

Canuck fans would love to have Matt Tkachuk on this team..He would be a crowd favourite (he's just the player opposing fanbases hate).

We have 3 of those guys now in Ferland, Roussel and Miller...as well as MacEwen ready for the show this year...when Roussel gets back we may have too many (kidding)...and none of those guys makes me want to mush their faces into the glass, even Roussel is more reactionary than advancing crapheadedness to a new level....

just saying....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

We have 3 of those guys now in Ferland, Roussel and Miller...as well as MacEwen ready for the show this year...when Roussel gets back we may have too many (kidding)...and none of those guys makes me want to mush their faces into the glass, even Roussel is more reactionary than advancing crapheadedness to a new level....

just saying....

If the Canucks had Matt Tkachuk,..they would have Matt Tkachuk...He's more of an asset than any of those players.

just saying.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Obviously ,posters get really defensive when it comes to OJ..For starters,I never said he was washed up, and we're all rooting for him to be an NHL player..Has he really demonstrated that he was worthy of a 5th OA since he's been drafted?..I would have to say no....Was he a reach at 5..?..No...Was he the right pick..No.. (and I hope I eat crow on this one).

He had a very good season Junior, a very good first pro season in Finland and a very good start in Utica. Minus the injuries, where hasn't he shown he was worthy of being drafted 5th OA?

And for the record, I'd rather have Roussel, Miller, Ferland and, coming soon, Podkolzin :P

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

If the Canucks had Matt Tkachuk,..they would have Matt Tkachuk...He's more of an asset than any of those players.

just saying.

I will try one last time and then you can have the last word....

BUT then we couldn't sign one of BB, EP or QH to there next contracts....they are more of an asset than the Assette....

• Upvote 1

Just now, aGENT said:

He had a very good season Junior, a very good first pro season in Finland and a very good start in Utica. Minus the injuries, where hasn't he shown he was worthy of being drafted 5th OA?

And for the record, I'd rather have Roussel, Miller, Ferland and, coming soon, Podkolzin :P

Lets put it this way..Where has he shown that he's worthy of being drafted 5th OA after he was drafted ?

Thats your opinion on the other players, but the fact is..is that Tkachuk is a helluva player...and yes,I'm pretty stoked about Podkolzin.

3 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I will try one last time and then you can have the last word....

BUT then we couldn't sign one of BB, EP or QH to there next contracts....they are more of an asset than the Assette....

We have too many good assets that we cannot sign them all..:lol:..?..Wow ,that would suck.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Lets put it this way..Where has he shown that he's worthy of being drafted 5th OA after he was drafted ?

I already answered that: 

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He had a very good season Junior, a very good first pro season in Finland and a very good start in Utica

You're turn:

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Minus the injuries, where hasn't he shown he was worthy of being drafted 5th OA?

• Wat 1

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I already answered that: 

You're turn:

If you think that OJ has demonstrated he is worthy of 5th OA since being drafted..I would say that you are in a very, very small minority...He has tumbled off of the radar in the hockey world of top prospects that have not played in the NHL.

He plateaued in his last year in junior ,and had 'up and down' seasons in Finland and Utica...The best training camp he had with the Canucks was his first one.

Relative to those drafted around him (minus Puljujarvi), it's not a good look.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

If you think that OJ has demonstrated he is worthy of 5th OA since being drafted..I would say that you are in a very, very small minority...He has tumbled off of the radar in the hockey world of top prospects that have not played in the NHL.

He plateaued in his last year in junior ,and had 'up and down' seasons in Finland and Utica...The best training camp he had with the Canucks was his first one.

Relative to those drafted around him (minus Puljujarvi), it's not a good look.

Yeah.. except most of that is pretty inaccurate.

• Upvote 2