The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

22 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

A homeless mans scott Niedermayer maybe lol

A homeless man's Scott Niedermayer is still a poor man's Scott Nidermayer :)

Offensively, I think OJ has elite potential. But Niedermayer was elite defensively as well and I don't know if OJ will get anywhere near Niedermayer on defensive side of the puck. He wasn't bad defensively but it wasn't like "wow, he has elite defensive instincts."

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, khay said:

Offensively, I think OJ has elite potential. But Niedermayer was elite defensively as well and I don't know if OJ will get anywhere near Niedermayer on defensive side of the puck. He wasn't bad defensively but it wasn't like "wow, he has elite defensive instincts."

Personally I dont think the 2 names should ever be mentioned in the same scentence.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2019 at 9:48 AM, Bubble Man said:

Agreed, but these aren’t my expectations, these are my hopes. 

Good point, the internal drive has to be there or nothing else matter. However, it’s hard to really know what is causing that. You know that feeling you get when say a bunch of people are surrounding you and watching you attempt to do something? Like say wake surfing behind the boat. You almost get a timidness. Especially when all your peers got up and surfed without any major problems. Take that feeling and multiply it by 100. Imagine being picked before MT and dealing with the most rabbit hockey media markets on the planet. This kid has pressure on him that we can’t even relate to. He looks scared. 

And there is nothing more ferocious than a rabbit!!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, khay said:

A bit of a stretch for sure. His skating would be at best, a bit above average. Lots of stuff he still needs to work on for sure.

5 hours ago, Bubble Man said:

Grammar police are far more ferocious. 

Grammar policing is a different animal -  e.g. "should of" instead of "should have"

What gets my goat is posters who don't proof read before hitting "submit" - but I try to prod with gentle humor.  e.g. one of the more common is "complimentary " instead of "complementary" ..... as in "Jake compliments Bo", to which I reply "I've never read anything about Jake praising Bo"

Hence my subtle dig at "rabbit" instead of "rabid"

4 hours ago, Odd. said:

Keep him down in Utica for 1 year while giving him top minutes and roles. He can be our first callup when injuries inevitably arise.  

i thought we tried that last season

and brought him up when he was injured

it did not really work out so well

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

i thought we tried that last season

and brought him up when he was injured

it did not really work out so well

This better be sarcasm?

• Cheers 1