The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

3 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Not being able to do a single bench rep is more concerning imo 

Just now, canuckswincup8 said:

dont put too much stock on number of pull ups a player can do. Bennett did bad and hes still a good player and I feel mittelstadt even has a higher ceiling that bennett.

Taller lanky guys will certainly have troubles with bench and pull ups.  

2 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Yikes!  I wasn't a professional athlete and I could do 20 pullups in a row at age 18.  Why can't this guy or Sam Bennett even do one?  Do they have weights on their ankles?  My love for Casey is dwindling. 

Yeah, that's just embarrassing. I'm over twice his age and weight 205 and even I can do at least one. The Pacific is a tough physical division. Mittelstadt may not be the player the Canucks need. Vilardi would be perfect, and if he's gone then maybe Glass, Tippet or one of the Ds. I know Tippet is a RW and the Canucks already have Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen and Lockwood in the system, but I would be okay if they traded Virtanen to make room for him. But only if he was packaged with another player for a young #2C. Worst case is the Canucks use Tippett as a trade piece later. I really feel Tippett will become a very good NHL player. He's got size, speed, goes to the net, a great shot, makes smart plays. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be top 3 in his draft class, as far as success in the NHL, longevity, consistency, health, etc.

(assuming Hischier and Patrick are gone)

1. Vilardi

2. Makar

3. Tippett

23 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Maybe we can put this one to rest....

Scott Matla @scottmatla

Only three teams didn't interview with Timothy Liljegren this week, Pittsburgh,Philadelphia, and Vancouver

1:21 PM - 3 Jun 2017

Retweets

that is a relief 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, that's just embarrassing. I'm over twice his age and weight 205 and even I can do at least one. The Pacific is a tough physical division. Mittelstadt may not be the player the Canucks need. Vilardi would be perfect, and if he's gone then maybe Glass, Tippet or one of the Ds. I know Tippet is a RW and the Canucks already have Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen and Lockwood in the system, but I would be okay if they traded Virtanen to make room for him. But only if he was packaged with another player for a young #2C. Worst case is the Canucks use Tippett as a trade piece later. I really feel Tippett will become a very good NHL player. He's got size, speed, goes to the net, a great shot, makes smart plays. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be top 3 in his draft class, as far as success in the NHL, longevity, consistency, health, etc.

(assuming Hischier and Patrick are gone)

1. Vilardi

2. Makar

3. Tippett

How many pull ups, and how heavy bench could the Great One do?  Of course Middlestadt is not Gretzky, but maybe he's super smart out there?

• Upvote 1

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

Watch Benning acquire the 3rd overall pick without giving up 5 and draft Vilardi and Mittelstadt. We suck again next year and get Dahlin or Merkley for our top d.

If we get the 3rd without giving up 5 I hope we get Vilardi and Mittelstadt. They both can play wing or center so it's not redundant. 

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Watch Benning acquire the 3rd overall pick without giving up 5 and draft Vilardi and Mittelstadt. We suck again next year and get Dahlin or Merkley for our top d.

3 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

If we get the 3rd without giving up 5 I hope we get Vilardi and Mittelstadt. They both can play wing or center so it's not redundant. 

dahlen - mittelstadt - vilardi

-  horvat - boeser

1 minute ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Hippy is slowing convincing me that Makar is going to the player you want from this draft.  If we didn't interview Liljigren then Benning must be talking about Makar as the true PP guy they like.  If Vilardi is gone then Makar could be our guy? 

I like Makar too.  The kid looks like a star for sure.

10 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Hippy is slowing convincing me that Makar is going to the player you want from this draft.  If we didn't interview Liljigren then Benning must be talking about Makar as the true PP guy they like.  If Vilardi is gone then Makar could be our guy? 

Ya the more I think about it makar is really growing on me. If vilardi is gone which is likely I'd be tempted to take makar.

25 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I can see us getting Pettersson if we have two picks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Yikes!  I wasn't a professional athlete and I could do 20 pullups in a row at age 18.  Why can't this guy or Sam Bennett even do one?  Do they have weights on their ankles?  My love for Casey is dwindling. 

maybe you should talk to the hitman on here, he  set me straight regarding pullups at the combine hahahahaha

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How many pull ups, and how heavy bench could the Great One do?  Of course Middlestadt is not Gretzky, but maybe he's super smart out there?

I think Mittelstadt is highly skilled, but the Canucks have a few highly skilled lightweights already (Goldobin, Baertschi, Molino, Dahlen, Lockwood). Maybe Mittelstadt isn't considered a lightweight at 200 lbs., but he may play like one.   

• Upvote 1