The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

42 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I don't see what's funny about Pettersson putting on 30 lbs.  Hes 165 lbs right now...He's 18 years old. He could easily add another 2 inches and easily add 30 lbs over the next 2 years.  He could end up being 6'3-6'4 200 lbs. And his skill set blows Glass out of the water.

The genetics make it look doubtful.  His brother is 5yrs older and stayed at 6'1 and managed to add 17lbs (175) to his frame since drafted.  This is the risk factor in picking Elis.  There's no way of knowing how much weight/muscle he will put on in the upcoming years.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Check out these rankings... Patrick at 5, and Thomas at 7!  With such wide disparity, it should be a very interesting draft.

LOL at Vilardi @ 14th overall.... worse skaters went higher than that in past drafts. 

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Check out these rankings... Patrick at 5, and Thomas at 7!  With such wide disparity, it should be a very interesting draft.

Tippett at #4 and Thomas at #7? Anyone who picks them that high is drunk.

6 hours ago, smithers joe said:

so, some people, don't want makar, some don't want vilaredi, some don't want mittlestadt or glass or pettersson. what is poor JB to do?

Be the GM, pick the best player available and ignore armchair draftists on CDC.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

That means he wants Vilardi or Makar... B)

:bigblush: Think its fair to say your guess is as good as mine... I'll go with what ever JB decides. There is a bigger plan behind it all... I hope :P

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Mittelstadt could easily go there too

That would be awesome.

25 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Be the GM, pick the best player available and ignore armchair draftists on CDC.

Ahh, but who'd be the BPA? Each GM probably has a different list. My guess is they'll draft Glass at #5 if he's available. If he's not, it's a toss up between Pettersson and Liljegren. Those seem to be their guys.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That would be awesome.

Ahh, but who'd be the BPA? Each GM probably has a different list. My guess is they'll draft Glass at #5 if he's available. If he's not, it's a toss up between Pettersson and Liljegren. Those seem to be their guys.

Liljegren over Vilardi and I'm calling for JBs head. 

51 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Tippett at #4 and Thomas at #7? Anyone who picks them that high is drunk.

Tippett has been consistently ranked between 4-8, throughout the entire draft year. It's not that much of a stretch picking him at 4. 

Colorado (4th) needs a ton of help scoring goals, as they were ranked dead last, last season in goals for. Tippett who most scouts said is the best pure goal scorer in this draft would fit perfectly in their top 6, along side MacKinnon.

6 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Why are there a lot of people who think Liljegren is high on JB's list? We were one of 3 teams who reportedly didn't interview him at the draft combine. Doesn't exactly scream high interest to me.

Beat me to it.

Also does anyone know what happened regarding the rumors of management flying Glass and Pettersson to Vancouver post combine for extra interviewing? Was that ever confirmed or just rumored? 

Just thinking it might help with trying to figure out JB's draft hierarchy. Recent statements make it sound like he's not quite as high on Glass as he is others. Of course maybe it's just his attempt at bluffing.