The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kulikov to Buffalo

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Clzdq3TWEAAS2rB.jpg

Top 4 ice time players for Florida last season.  2 are gone and the 1 has one foot out of the door.

Now +/- is +/- but I find it interesting the ones that are gone have the worst amongst them. Maybe it's completely uninteresting... But if that is any indication of the new STATS regime in Florida. God help them... Because +/- is a horrible statistic.

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

That's quite the change of scenery for Kulikov.

From palm trees and only 60 miles from Cuba moving to maple, pines, weeping, etc. trees and a short walk to Canada.  I'd say that's a tad bit of change. :lol:

2 hours ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Ristolainen-Bogosian

Kulikov-Georges

Franson-Coliacovic

feeling sabres actually make the playoffs this year. Sabres lucky they have so many prospects they can throw picks away

That D core is nothing to get excited about. I like Ristolainen and thats about it. I like our D Core wayyyy more than theres.

I understand Kulikov's been underachieving and all, but I'm questioning what Florida's defense is going to look like next year. They have Yandle at least (provided they can sign him) but, after Ekblad and Yandle..... Pysyk?

I wonder if they have something else up their sleeve in the next month....

As far as statistics go, between them and Arizona, I guess we'll find out if they're successful or not. If they're successful, I would expect more teams to jump on the statistics bandwagon. If they aren't successful, it'll just prove that statistics aren't all they're cracked up to be.

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I understand Kulikov's been underachieving and all, but I'm questioning what Florida's defense is going to look like next year. They have Yandle at least (provided they can sign him) but, after Ekblad and Yandle..... Pysyk?

They already signed Yandle

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

They also have Petrovic and are high on both Matheson and McCoshen as young defenders to earn minutes. Kulikov for Pysyk is an interesting decision, I could see that kind of move if they'd gotten an stronger defensive presence back but not as sure about it as is (especially considering they gave up the higher 2nd).

Meanwhile on hfboards.com JIm Benning continues to be ridiciouled, while Tom Rowe can get away with crappy trades that are destroying his team.

This trade is an easy win for Buffalo. Not sure what Florida is doing, as they are contending for a cup soon, yet their trades are dumping top 4 dmans for just draft picks and prospects.

Just realized Florida goes from

Kulikov and Gubranson to Psyk and McCann

wow......

According to the latest HERO charts they are projected to make the Stanley Cup finals. With Jared McCann as thier #1 LW. 

nice!   McCann is going to play a position he's never even tried before.  awesome.

Archived