The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

On 2/24/2019 at 3:17 PM, Dungass said:

I'm a little skeptical he gets offered a contract.  This is his third season of college hockey, comparing his numbers to Motte's third season.  Motte had 56 points in 38 games, Lockwood isn't even getting a ppg right now.  Maybe he has a chance to be a decent AHLer?

Its not all about the numbers. Lockwood has pretty good stats yes, but from what Ive seen in the games (i've watched maybe 5 whole Michigan games) its his play that really standout. The guy is an absolute bloodhound, Lockwood will skate relentlessly all over the ice, he's 150% effort every shift. With or without the puck the guy plays full blast. What Motte is right now is a pretty good comparison of what Lockwoods floor will be. He's the kind of player that coaches will find a way a reason to bench, but can't. He's very Alex Burrows-ish pre Sedin with the yapping toned down LOL

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Looks like we got a more skilled Tyler Motte coming our way!! 

check out Motte's numbers at UM, compared to Lockwoods.  I'd say Lockwood is a less skilled version of Motte

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Looks like we got a more skilled Tyler Motte coming our way!! 

5 hours ago, stawns said:

check out Motte's numbers at UM, compared to Lockwoods.  I'd say Lockwood is a less skilled version of Motte

Yeah Motte was a hell of a player I was just gonna say this. However, Motte's career has been a tad disappointing given his production in college.

So with that said hopefully Lockwood is the opposite

1 hour ago, Grape said:

Yeah Motte was a hell of a player I was just gonna say this. However, Motte's career has been a tad disappointing given his production in college.

So with that said hopefully Lockwood is the opposite

I'm confident Lockwood got better potential if developed the right way!

6 hours ago, stawns said:

Agree to disagree!! Sometime ago there was an article on Motte about his college days. His offensive numbers were inflated as his linemates did most of the work:  JT Compher and Kyle Connor, both are pretty decent NHLers.

• Upvote 1

I look at him as a slightly smaller Jake type player.  Middle six speed demon who hits aggressively and plays with an edge.  

I like that we are building with wingers like this, fast aggressive fore check, go to the net players.

Lind is similar though may have more offensive upside.  Jasek also kind of fits this mold.

Motte is similar as is Roussell. 

I like this type of play but need some of these guys to put in more goals.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Agree to disagree!! Sometime ago there was an article on Motte about his college days. His offensive numbers were inflated as his linemates did most of the work:  JT Compher and Kyle Connor, both are pretty decent NHLers.

I was going to point out this too.  I think the line mates thing leads me to believe lockwook may translate to NHL better than Motte.  Especially as I can see lockwood get pretty good NHL linemates in a couple years.  

• Upvote 1