The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No more SNET Canucks pre game shows

TheRussianRocket.

...cost Corey Hirsch his job as well. Sucks since he was one of the better people Rogers had to offer. Intelligent, could make fun of himself, light hearted, and was a genuine guy. Loved what he brought to Canucks pre game coverage this past season.

Safe to say he'd still be employed had the program not been let go. Sucks..

Just now, TheRussianRocket. said:

...cost Corey Hirsch his job as well. Sucks since he was one of the better people Rogers had to offer. Intelligent, could make fun of himself, light hearted, and was a genuine guy. Loved what he brought to Canucks pre game coverage this past season.

Safe to say he'd still be employed had the program not been let go. Sucks..

Surely Hirsch has more to offer the hockey world than working with these 'suits' in broadcasting.

Hopefully he'll land in a position that actually makes a positive impact in hockey (consultant/coach/etc....).  He still has a lot to offer a team imo. 

I won't miss the pre-game shows.  They rarely, if ever, bring new perspectives/information to the audience anyway. 

The pregame shows sucked anyway.

They were awesome a few seasons ago with Shorty, Valk, Donny and Garrett... not sure why this needed to change.

We often ended up getting stuck watching the tail end of some random game anyway, only to cut right to puck drop once that game ended. They did have the occasional pregame show but they were nowhere near as insightful as they once were. Sportsnet has done a lot of good with their new deal, but they missed the boat on some major issues as well.

Dont even get me started with how bad the draft coverage was... 

You'd think with all their regional stations they could get it together to offer a better product. But, no. Just the same feed as the Eastern time zones and very little Canucks coverage. As soon as Sportsnet got all the rights they let their content go to garbage. Just another area where Canucks fans are underappreciated and taken for granted. FU Sportsnet. lol

11 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Pre-game shows serve one purpose and one purpose only for me - they indicate how long I have to do other things until the game actually starts. 

That about covers it for me as well. 

Archived