The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Which teams won the trades today?

Who won the trades?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the Devils and Predators won. Hall has way more value than landing a Top 3-4 D. Who knows he might be something but for now the Oilers got fleeced.

P.K Subban is 4 years younger and had 51 points in 68 games while Weber had the same amount of points in 10 extra games. Combine that with Webers atrocious contract which ends when he's 40 years old and in my opinion Nashville won.

RNH or Eberle would've made sense for the Oiler trade. You don't trade away Hall, you just don't, he has been the one bright spot of Edmonton in the past few years, and with him on one line and McDavid on another, that team was rolling. Even if they get Lucic, it's not a good move. 
If the Nashville/Montreal trade happened 2 years ago, I would say Montreal wins it, but unfortunately, Weber is losing it a bit, and now Nashville maintains a strong defensive core for a very long time. 

Can't wait to see what Hall can do in a Devil's jersey, now I can actually cheer for him.

If MTL makes a serious run at the cup in the next 2 years, it'll be tough to say they lost...

If the oilers actually make the playoffs in the next 2 years... same thing

Looks like it wasn't good for either teams now, but we'll see

Oilers got fleeced on this one, and Karma is a bitch.  All of those first rounders, and this is how they manage them.  Edmonton fans must be HATING on their GM right now lol.  As for the MTL / NSH deal, I'm honestly on the fence, I love what both players bring.  NSH gets a roaming goal scoring defenceman, who brings a ton of personality to the ice.  MTL gains a rigid d-man with a howitzer of a shot.  Pity the next guy who tries to run Price over, because it will be Webs tapping on their shoulder.

I'm with everyone on the Hall/Larsson trade being one sided in New Jerseys way. But, people are vastly underestimating how good Shea Weber is. There's a reason it was an easy choice for the Team Canada execs to choose Weber over Subban. Yes, Subban is younger, and yes he puts up more points. But, as a defenseman, Shea Weber is one of the best in the last decade. He'll be a solid player late into that contract.

Archived