The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 Canucks Development Camp Roster

DeltaSwede

I liked our recent draft picks most. Lockwood's goal was my favourite, he seemed to just race past everyone from the blueline in and shelved it. McKenzie is quickly becoming one of my favourite prospects. He's got a hell of a work ethic, skill and the smarts to back it up. It's hard to judge defense and goalies in this, as it's essentially a game of shinny. That said, Stecher was the best defenseman (I don't even think they played him 3 on 3 just to even it out), and Demko the best goaltender. 

Boeser seemed choked when Gaudette ribbed him about not scoring in the shootout, but he had 2 goals in regulation. I recell Boeser challenging him to a fight after that chirping. 

2 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I liked our recent draft picks most. Lockwood's goal was my favourite, he seemed to just race past everyone from the blueline in and shelved it. McKenzie is quickly becoming one of my favourite prospects. He's got a hell of a work ethic, skill and the smarts to back it up. It's hard to judge defense and goalies in this, as it's essentially a game of shinny. That said, Stecher was the best defenseman (I don't even think they played him 3 on 3 just to even it out), and Demko the best goaltender. 

Boeser seemed choked when Gaudette ribbed him about not scoring in the shootout, but he had 2 goals in regulation. I recell Boeser challenging him to a fight after that chirping. 

I missed that, was it like serious or playful? Would have been funny to watch 

9 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Nothing real special.  Good speed, nice complimentary player, but not the engine on the line.

That's too bad. I had him pegged as a dark horse out of the invitees. This next year in the OHL without playing alongside Strome will be the test.

7 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

That's too bad. I had him pegged as a dark horse out of the invitees. This next year in the OHL without playing alongside Strome will be the test.

He had the best shootout miss though. Fell down o his butt after trying to stop on a Datsyuk type of move.

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Same size as Shinkaruk when he was drafted and no one seemed to have concerns about his size.

From what I've seen he seems to be faster and more agile than Shinkaruk. And like you said, 3 years at Michigan could do wonders for him.

Lockwood I'm hoping can be a speedy energy pest in the mold of Tommy Wingels. he's also a right hand shooting winger and similarly sized, but I think he's closer  in attitude and aptitude to Lockwood than Shinkaruk.

19 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

yes please !

It may be a few days to post as I shot several hundred photos in RAW and they need to be processed (and then made tiny to fit the 2MB requirement). I got to stand by the Canucks TV folks so there was no glass in the way; very cool to see Demko, Boeser and Juolevi on the ice at the same time. 

The drills look so fast from ice level compared with being in the stands. Just watched the morning session, couldn't stay for the 5 pm scrimmage. Bumped into Trevor; he's a very tall guy! JB was upstairs watching as was WD but Doug Jarvis was on the ice. Made me feel old, as I remember the Habs from the 70's and he was looking like quite the senior citizen.

Archived