The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 Canucks Development Camp Roster

DeltaSwede

11 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Which event was it that unsigned college players couldn't attend (or had issue attending) because of the NCAA's rules about not getting endorsements and free goodies?

They can't attend the young stars tournament or training camp because it conflicts with the college schedule. They can't attend the development camp unless they pay their own way. Aquillini pays for everybody else.

I look forward to the intra-squad scrimmage. Last year they did a 3 on 3 tournament. 

I get why they invite extra goalies, though it's really not needed this year. Garteig/Demko at our dev camp should push the players that much more. 

Of the overagers, it appears the Canucks focused on scorers this time around. 

Excited to see: Juolevi, Boeser, Demko, Stecher, Brisebois, and Gaudette. In that order. 

Loving the fact that, despite playing in the NCAA and having to pay their way to come here, Boeser and Gaudette are going to the development camp. Shows how committed Gaudette -- but especially Boeser -- are to this organization. Both guys are going to be future Canucks, my gut says it.

It's interesting how they've put Mackenze Stewart back at D. I guess the forward experiment failed this past year. Makes sense, it was a dumb move.

And now that Curtis Valk is back at development camp will that finally mean he'll get that Canucks entry deal he so desperately deserves? Talk about commitment. Sign this guy up. Still think he has the chance to surprise this year. Injuries derailed him last year but he rebounded well near the end of last season by dominating the ECHL and doing pretty well during his AHL callup.

It should be noted that Eduards Tralmaks is going to the University of Maine next year. If he does well, I could see the Canucks picking up in the later rounds ala Abols this year.

Of the undrafted, unsigned guys I'm pretty curious as to how Danny Moynihan, Tyler Coulter, Jacob Sweeney, Alexis D'Aoust, and Ryan Kubic do.

I'll need to have a closer look at the full invite list but I probably still like D'Aoust the most for a potential new signing.

Carcone and Moynihan also bring some good offensive skill and will be worth watching. Would be interested in how their age-adjusted scoring compares and how they project statistically.

Maksimovich is another skilled kid but should be going back into the draft next year. Still worth a closer look (for a potential late round pick next year).

Glad to see Jasek will be attending the camp. Hopefully he shows enough this summer to earn a contract and actually start playing over here (in ECHL/AHL). I don't think any more time in the Czech leagues is going to really help him reach his potential.

Yup, of all our prospects, Jasek coming over to get a look will make a difference in his future. The Canucks need to help him figure out a situation where he can get challenging, consistent minutes and continue his development.

4 hours ago, Quantum said:

Loving the fact that, despite playing in the NCAA and having to pay their way to come here, Boeser and Gaudette are going to the development camp. Shows how committed Gaudette -- but especially Boeser -- are to this organization. Both guys are going to be future Canucks, my gut says it.

It's interesting how they've put Mackenze Stewart back at D. I guess the forward experiment failed this past year. Makes sense, it was a dumb move.

And now that Curtis Valk is back at development camp will that finally mean he'll get that Canucks entry deal he so desperately deserves? Talk about commitment. Sign this guy up. Still think he has the chance to surprise this year. Injuries derailed him last year but he rebounded well near the end of last season by dominating the ECHL and doing pretty well during his AHL callup.

It should be noted that Eduards Tralmaks is going to the University of Maine next year. If he does well, I could see the Canucks picking up in the later rounds ala Abols this year.

Of the undrafted, unsigned guys I'm pretty curious as to how Danny Moynihan, Tyler Coulter, Jacob Sweeney, Alexis D'Aoust, and Ryan Kubic do.

Pretty sure they didn't pay to come to development camp. A plane ticket is pennies for the org. 

Archived