The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

Just now, LaBamba said:

I love the player, the contract is a UFA contract so no reason to complain about that but I really don't think we should be diving into a the UFA market at this point and time. 

The thing is though, if you don't take advantage, you lose the opportunity to add a top 6 at no assets cost.  

Either way - it improves your team - and if you're looking for futures/to the future alone - then this allows them to potentially move another asset for a future, so I think it's something you have to do, particularly when you can land a 60+ pt player for 6 million, which imo is not a "frenzy price" but reasonable market value.  Lesser players command as much or more than that imo.

• Wat 1

Just now, riffraff said:

Yes but he got too

much too imo.

check my posts going back. I've said if the term is too long and for too

much I'm happy to stand pat and sign no one.  I like our team as is when healthy.  Imo where are where we need to be for development 

Fair enough. The issue with that is that it doesn't do much to help them compete, which is clearly the MO. 

Just now, cdubuya said:

don't understand why they put him on the air. He's always angry and far from insightful. 

Its the national media...they either love Toronto or they are AHLberta lovers.  Notice teams like Ottawa and Winnipeg dont even exist.  Montreal is treated like a foreign country.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

You don't get elite players in their prime for $6mil AAV.

Thats my point. You're better off saving for elite talent. Thats what we've needed for the last 5 years. More elite talent.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Fair enough. The issue with that is that it doesn't do much to help them compete, which is clearly the MO. 

Certainly debateable.

as I said.  I like this team as it was last year if healthy