The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

1 minute ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Weren't you advocating for signing Lucic? 

Yes but he got too

much too imo.

check my posts going back. I've said if the term is too long and for too

much I'm happy to stand pat and sign no one.  I like our team as is when healthy.  Imo where are where we need to be for development 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CHYCHRUN said:

The Canucks are getting blasted.  Nobody can figure out what direction they are going in.  Ray "they have 2 feet going down different roads"

"They want to get younger, they sign Loui... The want to build through the draft... they trade away draft picks."

That's the mainstream sports troll media, doing their Canuck derpage thang.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

By that logic, then all you get are leftovers and bit players and other teams pass you.  There's paying to market and paying past market.

Or you bide your time til an elite, younger UFA becomes available and use your extra money to sign them. Eriksson is a top liner, but he ain't elite... not anymore anyway.

Edited by cdubuya
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Cue the armchair jockeys that know nothing about the player whining about his age and "softness".

I love the player, the contract is a UFA contract so no reason to complain about that but I really don't think we should be diving into a the UFA market at this point and time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

Would have preferred 4. Hopefully he didn't land at NTC

If a non number one goalie like Reimer signs for 5 years, what makes you think Eriksson would sign for less?

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Pair of idiots on the TSN panel - at least there's one troll stomper there, attempting to make sense to some hard heads.

Jeff O'Neill - one of the dimmest bulbs in the business.

The former player,,wow,,wasnt that long ago he was playing..time hasnt been kind to him.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, CHYCHRUN said:

The Canucks are getting blasted.  Nobody can figure out what direction they are going in.  Ray "they have 2 feet going down different roads"

"They want to get younger, they sign Loui... The want to build through the draft... they trade away draft picks."

But, Ray and Pierre both said that Loui is an unbelievable two way player, that will go on even if the twins aren't around. They both then said that Sutter didn't play much and that Gudbranson is going to help. I'm good with the term, and they didn't overpay, like the Coilers did.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

Much more comfortable about having Eriksson on a 6 year deal opposed to Lucic.

Feel like Eriksson will age much better.

This x100

I don't think Eriksson is the absolute perfect fit, but for a team that doesn't even have a legitimate first-line talent outside the Twins, this is a move we needed. Good for AT LEAST 50 points and 20 goals outta Loui. We will take it.

The thing is -  20ish goals and 50ish points is Loui Eriksson's wheelhouse, for years to come...
He should be that guy for years.

In fact even in a couple years he could be perfect insurance for Baertschi. By that I mean, if Baer makes huge strides and becomes a top line guy, Loui can slide down to the 2nd; if Baer fizzles out, Loui can bring a similar skillset and can play with Bo even after the Twins are gone.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bigturk8 said:

So, we have just over 4 Mil left in cap space. Do we stand pat or pick someone else up?

Edit: Brower went for 4.5 AAV. He would have been a nice addition.

Hope we pick up someone else. We could use a bottom 6 player

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

So the lessons from the TSN clowns is the Canucks shouldnt sign anyone because they are not a good team.

Jokers.

don't understand why they put him on the air. He's always angry and far from insightful.