The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

484 career takeaways in the equivalent of less than 9 seasons.

That is clearly puck hound production - pretty much in elite territory in those terms.

Well there you go.  I'm open minded enough for some convincing shots.

Im going out on a limb here but this team doesnt look as bad as the TSN clowns make it out to be.

They are basically adding

Eriksson, Gudbranson and Sutter (who barely played last year).

I find it hard to believe that these guys wont make a big difference.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Darius71 said:

Im going out on a limb here but this team doesnt look as bad as the TSN clowns make it out to be.

If we can resurrect our PP and get another scoring winger for Sutter I'd be very happy.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He did more and better in Dallas against the Preds and Hawks

Going with yes

That was a couple of years ago but we will get it first hand over the next few years, hopefully he can maintain those stats.

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

Im surprised that Button is about the only Canuck booster there.

Just now, steviewonder20 said:

If we can resurrect our PP and get another scoring winger for Sutter I'd be very happy.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the addition of Sutter will make Horvat better.  Now he can be sheltered and play against lesser opponents.  I see 50+ points at least from Bo this year.

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

I agree. The league is wide open. The dynasties in LA and Chicago are done. We are legit.

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baer Sutter Hansen

Rodin BO Virtanen

Etem Granlund Dorsett

Burr

I'd even try 

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baer Sutter Erkisson

Rodin Horvat Virtanen

Etem Granlund Dorsett

Bo did such a wonderful job centering the second line. I wouldn't mind giving him the opportunity to see if he can't win that position again. Sutter would be an excellent third centreman. 

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I don't agree with the "our position" logic though.   Improving at every opportunity is not dependent upon "our position".   You take every opportunity to improve.

I would have preferred 5 years of course, but I can live with the term - and I'm not Nostradamus.   If I were betting, I'd be far more concerned about giving 7 years to Lucic...

I'm just praying to god we don't sign mikkel boedker

Just now, bad alice french said:

For a player not known for physical style play, he sure gets a lot of goals down low and by the crease. I don't get the impression he is as perimeter a player as Vrbata.

He seemed to struggle in the East. Last year was his good year. 

I think he's the type of player to really flourish in the West. TSN analysts said he's great offensively just as he is defensively. He can kill penalties, play a 200ft game, and can provide the much needed offense. He also had his best seasons in the West with Dallas.

Guess who's another player that reminds me of Loui who is currently one of our prospects? Brock Boeser. Hopefully Brock can be our very own Loui Eriksson in the future. Loui is also a very good locker room guy and a hard worker. 

As well, Sedins never had a legitmate top line right winger. Burrows was the closest one but definitely not as good as Eriksson. Unfortunately, Sedins turn 37 this september, would have been nice if it was during their prime years.

This signing is a good signing. He'll be a player that'll still be able to generate in his middle thirties. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baer Sutter Hansen

Rodin BO Virtanen

Etem Granlund Dorsett

Burr

I'd even try 

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Eriksson Sutter Rodin

Baer Horvat Virtanen

Etem Granlund Dorsett

For your second lineup, I'd swap wings for Rodin and Eriksson. Since they're both RW, I'd prefer to have the more proven guy playing his natural position.