The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) 2 HUGE trades:

4 hours ago, AriGold said:

This isn't speculation. This is a proposal.

Edit your title to avoid your thread being derailed.

[Proposal] VAN-NYR + VAN-COL

This x 1,000,000  :picard:

Came here excited hoping for news of an impending trade and found this crap. 

Tag your threads properly people! 

5 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

The Canucks were in on Lucic but Milan thought better of Edmonton. So knowing the Canucks are looking for a power forward that can play and knowing how limited the Canucks are with chips to play, it is time to complete the overhaul. Obviously the Sedins and Eriksson are a line but who's on the second line? Sutter and Hansen, this would be a terrible idea because teams would just have to focus on the Sedins and once again our team misses the playoffs. So here are the 2 trades I hope JB would pull off. 

1. Edler (NTC- I know but if the team indicates they would like to move on without him, do you think he'll want to play here?)

Baerstchi

for

C. Krieder(NYR)

2nd-2017

2.Sutter (Teams covet this guy as he plays a coplete 200' game and will get 20 goals a season)

Sbisa(we retain 50% salary)

for

M.Duchene

Our new look lines are,

Sedin    Sedin    Eriksson

Krieder   Duchene   Hansen

Etem    Horvat    Virtanen

Gaunce   Granlund   Dorsett

Boeser will make the team next year and might even be in the lineup at the end of the season, he will take Hansen's spot.

Obviously, Burrows needs to be moved, he might eveb be part of the Krieder deal as AV loves him.

Also, we can clearly see the succession plan here for when the Sedins leave.

Thoughts?

Excellent speculative proposals.  Do you think JB would rather have Landescog instead of Duchene?

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Probably not because a player named Landescog does not exist in the NHL.

Gabby Landescog.  He's the Colorado captain.  He's really good, and only 23.  I'm surprised you haven't heard of him.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Gabby Landescog.  He's the Colorado captain.  He's really good, and only 23.  I'm surprised you haven't heard of him.

Alfie...PLEASE tell me you're screwing with us...please?

I think we all know you mean Landeskog...but...c'mon?

20 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

T

2.Sutter (Teams covet this guy as he plays a coplete 200' game and will get 20 goals a season)

for

M.Duchene

LOL, that's pretty bad for Colorado.

A d-man who has negative value and a third line centre for one of their core players.

On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 1:22 PM, smithers joe said:

i have this sinking feeling that benning is looking at kane....don't know what it would take,,,maybe a 1st round pick, a salary and a prospect...

JB/TL have preached 'character' since day 1.

Exactly what makes you think JB sees any positive character in Kane?  

Let me guess,  he's mature now,  not the same person anymore, learned his lessons,  yadayadayada....? 

On 7/16/2016 at 3:37 PM, zzbottom said:

Do you really think Brandon Sutter and Luca Sbisa could fetch Matt Duchene? Why is every trade proposal on this forum under the impression that GMs everywhere think their best players are expendable and Luca Sbisa has unlimited untapped potential? 

Crap. 

LOL how true.  The way Sbisa is thrown around you would think he was Doughty.  Doughty for Duchene would work.  Tanev is the only decent piece that the team can trade without difficulty, so maybe go to Edmonton and go for McDavid.

On 2016-07-16 at 1:22 PM, smithers joe said:

i have this sinking feeling that benning is looking at kane....don't know what it would take,,,maybe a 1st round pick, a salary and a prospect...

The same Benning that drove Seguin out of Boston because he had 'character' issues?

On July 16, 2016 at 0:19 PM, captaincowbasher said:

The Canucks were in on Lucic but Milan thought better of Edmonton. So knowing the Canucks are looking for a power forward that can play and knowing how limited the Canucks are with chips to play, it is time to complete the overhaul. Obviously the Sedins and Eriksson are a line but who's on the second line? Sutter and Hansen, this would be a terrible idea because teams would just have to focus on the Sedins and once again our team misses the playoffs. So here are the 2 trades I hope JB would pull off. 

1. Edler (NTC- I know but if the team indicates they would like to move on without him, do you think he'll want to play here?)

Baerstchi

for

C. Krieder(NYR)

2nd-2017

for

M.Duchene

Our new look lines are,

Sedin    Sedin    Eriksson

Krieder   Duchene   Hansen

Etem    Horvat    Virtanen

Gaunce   Granlund   Dorsett

Boeser will make the team next year and might even be in the lineup at the end of the season, he will take Hansen's spot.

Obviously, Burrows needs to be moved, he might eveb be part of the Krieder deal as AV loves him.

Also, we can clearly see the succession plan here for when the Sedins leave.

Thoughts?

Oh lord, where to start

Archived