The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Canucks have a joint training camp

HockeyHarry

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-training-camp-joint-practices-date-location-schedule-who-is-paired-up-with-your-team/19p2d5z9trvm81uaxi3dfy0y0i

NFL did it last year....but Redskins and Texans ended their camp together after 2 days because of huge brawl....see link below for fight.....but on the plus side its Team Bonding..its good.

Why beat up your own team...Beat up another team instead.

i would love if an Eastern team like Caps had a joint camp with the Canucks.

here the Texans and Redskin fight which happened at the two team practice.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/0ap3000000507852/Houston-Texans-and-Washington-Redskins-training-camp-fight

2 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-training-camp-joint-practices-date-location-schedule-who-is-paired-up-with-your-team/19p2d5z9trvm81uaxi3dfy0y0i

NFL did it last year....but Redskins and Texans end there camp together after 2 day because of huge brawl......its Team Bonding tho....its good.

Why beat up your own team...Beat up another team instead.

i would love if an Eastern team like Caps had a joint camp with the Canucks.

There is merit to the notion of having joint camps.

The NHL could benefit from such an idea as joint camps. The growth of the game, the entertainment level and collective player representation could all see better results.

The growth of the game depends on areas between NHL cities in Canada and Northern-USA where many hockey players come from. In Southern-USA, baseball, basketball and football players are made; lots of fields and lots of time. As the NHL tries to grasp its part of the sports and entertainment pie in the South, it will have to build new arenas and entertain young boys enough to make eventual NHL players out of that area. Not unlike what has happened with the St-Louis area with he Tkachuck family's contribution in youth development.

The entertainment level of the league would also increase as young players try to make their mark on a team laden with returnees and the fans build their emotional attachment to "their side" from the get go. Frictions that need to be kept on the ice and even at that, rules apply. Take a Canucks, Flames joint camp and think what it does to your senses. How about a Canucks, Oilers camp in Banff. It's great for small town economies, it's great for developing stories and it also protects players.

As players become familiar with other organizations, perhaps some CBA rules or building regulations might be standardized and improved. Take for Canucks for example. With Vancouver hosting the 2010 Olympics, Rogers Arena went through an overhaul to bring it up to date as well as innovate. The oval room the Canucks built for the Olympics. That is innovation in the game as corner seats were eliminated so no player feels apart. 

Senators Dressing Room

Canucks Dressing Room

Split pre-season time from day one in both geographical territories.

Canucks - Calgary

or

Canucks - Edmonton

?

I think there's less logic in the NFL. You don't want to learn plays from your opponent. It's not like the teams are bleeding cash they can't afford a training camp. Well maybe Arizona, and Carolina. Really it doesn't make sense. Unless the GM wants to scout the other team. That's what pre-season is for. 

20 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I believe so, in 2012 there was a black ice jersey. 

Vancouver-Canucks--2333-Henrik-Sedin-201

That looks like a really terrible knockoff. The whale and lettering are all wrong. But I think I know what jersey you're talking about:

vancouver-canucks-henrik-sedin-black-jersey.jpg

Archived