The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Trouba Wants Out

taizzzz5

2 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Every time i hear Waters on the radio i think of xxlarge depends.

You do realize BW was the assistant GM for the Toronto Laughing stock of a totally crap team though, don't you; the very same team that had Gord friggin Stellock as a GM?:lol::lol:  :lol:  

1 hour ago, stawns said:

tanev is not a top 5 defensive dman in the league, probably not even top 10. he's good, but not that good.

LOL ok, take some time

Go look at his advanced stats

Go read about what other gm's say about him

Tell us all who the top 10 better DEFENSIVE defenseman are lol

20 minutes ago, Nuckles80 said:

LOL ok, take some time

Why don't you pull up his advanced stats?

I have, Edler has a better Corsi and iCorsi/Fenwick/iFenwick.

The Canucks control the puck significantly more when Edler is on the ice without Tanev than when Tanev is on the ice without Edler. 

Do you have any article or recording with GM's actually raving about Tanev? When has a GM ever said he was looking for Tanev in a trade??

7 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Would you be putting Tanev above a guy like Barrie??

I thought we were ranking them for their defensive game?  That's why I like this list, but felt Tanev (although not having the offensive game of some) should be above guys like Hamilton and Berrie.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought we were ranking them for their defensive game?  That's why I like this list, but felt Tanev (although not having the offensive game of some) should be above guys like Hamilton and Berrie.  

Well in that case Phaneuf goes up, Subban goes way down, Hamhuis jumps up, Hamilton drops, Barrie stays about where he is, and Tanev goes slightly behind Vlasic...

But this isn't a defensive d-man list. This is Canadas best d-men.

42 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Why don't you pull up his advanced stats?

I have, Edler has a better Corsi and iCorsi/Fenwick/iFenwick.

The Canucks control the puck significantly more when Edler is on the ice without Tanev than when Tanev is on the ice without Edler. 

Do you have any article or recording with GM's actually raving about Tanev? When has a GM ever said he was looking for Tanev in a trade?

Well, if the GM of our team doesn't know this then I don't expect you to know either but that's called tampering. 

In support of Tanev, I remember some of the players from this year's world championship raving about how good/underrated he is. 

Without making a list, I'd say he's probably somewhere around the 10th best defensively. He thinks the game at such a high level and is still getting better. 

Hey, don't we have another thread for this? :P

1 hour ago, Nuckles80 said:

LOL ok, take some time

Doughty

Seabrook

Hedman

Weber

Suter

pietrangelo

vlasic

McDonough

Ekman-Larsson

Alzner

Muzzin

Giordano

ristoleinen

that's just off the top of my head

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Doughty - Two-way

Seabrook

Hedman

Weber

Suter

pietrangelo

vlasic

McDonough - Two-way

Ekman-Larsson - OFD

Alzner

Muzzin

Giordano - Lol. OFD/TWD

ristoleinen

So yes. Tanev is a top 10 defensive defenseman. 

4 hours ago, Monty said:

:lol: 

Holy balls. Like a train wreck, I couldn't look away. Then, when you think it couldn't get anymore "stereotypical CDC", the cherry on top at the end with "Hey guys, Sbisa and what else for him?"

JC. :picard: 

are you kidding me? lmao

Sbisa is the only D we are offering. except for Edler, who is 30 and no teams turning-around want him.

I also mentioned that Sbisa would be the only D we would offer, but who else? then specifically mentioned that there's not much else we would be willing to offer that could beat out other teams.

idk if you're blind or just wiling to see what you want to.

but I made a point to mention Sbisa would not be enough.

maybe taper your $&!#s & giggles until something is actually funny :)

2 hours ago, Pears said:

you don't get to exclude players because they have a deeper skill set, that's just stupid.  those players are all better defensive players than Tanev, by a significant margin.  I'm sure finding 10 more wouldn't be implausible either.  

that was good for a laugh though, thanks

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

you don't get to exclude players because they have a deeper skill set, that's just stupid.  those players are all better defensive players than Tanev, by a significant margin.  I'm sure finding 10 more wouldn't be implausible either.  

Exactly.

People seem to think that just because certain defensemen (ie: Tanev, Mitchell) can't chip in any offense, that means they belong to some kind of club of defensemen that can only be ranked against each other.

Fact is, there are elite defensemen who, if they chose not to play a more balanced game, they would be light years ahead of Tanev as a "defensive defensemen" (ie: Duncan Keith for starters).

Like you said, excluding guys simply because they have a deeper skill set is ludicrous. Tanev thinks the game incredibly well and is a good defenseman. But he can't play a physical game or move the needle in a game offensively. Not to say he's bad, because he's not. Just limited in his skill set.

Anyway, back to Trouba and how, just like when the Jets ended up moving Kane, how he won't go to the Canucks and will likely end up out East; because, you know, Chevy isn't a moron.

On 8/24/2016 at 8:45 PM, Monty said:

I've always been led to believe that he was likely disappointed with this playing time. He's not getting top pairing minutes because of Byfuglien, and he's not getting first unit PP time, because of Byfuglien. This is the Jets' "problem" with being blessed with 3 terrific RHD.

I'm actually convinced that Trouba would be around the 35-40 point mark, if he wasn't paired with Mark Stuart (piss poor offensively and defensively) and getting 25+ minutes a night, with first unit PP time.

As for his worth? A low first is NOT going to cut it. He's an RFA and, whether he likes it or not (unsure), the Jets or any team he goes to holds all the cards. He can't do sh*t. 

If Chevy is smart, and let's be honest here:

Out: Ladd, Bogo, Kane

In: Myers, Stafford, Lemieux, Armia, 1st (Jack Roslovic, Dano, 1st (Logan Stanley)

Then I'm sure he'd not only trade Trouba out East, but would go for a LHD instead of stockpiling more draft picks.

Trouba for McDonagh? 

Add something extra on the Winnipeg side?

3 hours ago, Pears said:

The thing about defensive defensemen is that they aren't complete players.

They are the D versions of a forward who doesn't backcheck. They don't play a complete 200 foot game, and that is the problem. 

While Tanev is probably in the top 3 for defensive d-men (Vlasic Hjarmlsson Tanev) A complete Dman is better.

Doughty is better than Karlsson because he is a complete 2 way d-man where as Karlsson is the best offensive dman, but probably not a top 5 D in the NHL. Doughty Keith Weber Burns Byfuglien.

Being a complete player is why Edler is better than Tanev, and it matters. It is why Tanevs value isn't as high as some think. It's high, but it's not Landeskog high. It's more like Tanev +1st = Landeskog

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Doughty

Seabrook

Hedman

Weber

Suter

pietrangelo

vlasic

McDonough

Ekman-Larsson

Alzner

Muzzin

Giordano

ristoleinen

Tanev isn't even a top 10 D in Canada, let alone the entire NHL

13 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Well in that case Phaneuf goes up, Subban goes way down, Hamhuis jumps up, Hamilton drops, Barrie stays about where he is, and Tanev goes slightly behind Vlasic...

But this isn't a defensive d-man list. This is Canadas best d-men.

Oh.  I still think Tanev is a very good player.  If Larsson gets Hall, then Tanev should get us RNH, no?

10 hours ago, stawns said:

My concern with Tanev has always been his ability to withstand heavy physical play in playoffs. There is regular season play and CUP play. Calgary showed what physical CUP play was and they ran Tanev regularly. This does not mean Tanev is not a good dman but if his value is over rated or if he fits better in another org then Benning should move him. Again, it is all about what comes back.  

Archived