The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

29 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

When people take cell phone calls on speaker in a crowded place and talk so loud everyone can hear about how 'sweet' their life is.

I can't view youtube at work so I hope I linked the right one lol.

• Upvote 1

So it's a little slow at our shop and theirs been 2 rounds of layoffs so far.  I am 3rd last in terms of seniority but since I have unique skills to pay the bills I still have my job.  This is upsetting to those above me that are getting layoff so one guy raised a stink with the union about me.  The union sided with me so he got irate and threatened to lawyer up to which everyone else said 'good luck with that'.  Now he's been complaining about every little thing I do which included skipping lunch to leave early.  This was ok with my boss and everyone else until he got the union involved.  So now I am force to take lunches again, that extra 30min a day is going to equate to an extra 20min at least in traffic.  Why do employers force lunch breaks on people?  We should have an option to skip it and leave early.  I eat on my 15min coffee break, I don't need 30min of inactivity in the middle of my day, it just makes me lethargic in the afternoon, plus I always end up having to sign for something or do work while I am on my break anyways. 

I am pretty livid right now. 

• Upvote 1

"Why do employers force lunch breaks on people? '

It is not your employer doing that, it is labour law.

"I always end up having to sign for something or do work while I am on my break anyways"

In which case you claim a missed meal break as your lunch is to be 30 minutes of no work.

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

So it's a little slow at our shop and theirs been 2 rounds of layoffs so far.  I am 3rd last in terms of seniority but since I have unique skills to pay the bills I still have my job.  This is upsetting to those above me that are getting layoff so one guy raised a stink with the union about me.  The union sided with me so he got irate and threatened to lawyer up to which everyone else said 'good luck with that'.  Now he's been complaining about every little thing I do which included skipping lunch to leave early.  This was ok with my boss and everyone else until he got the union involved.  So now I am force to take lunches again, that extra 30min a day is going to equate to an extra 20min at least in traffic.  Why do employers force lunch breaks on people?  We should have an option to skip it and leave early.  I eat on my 15min coffee break, I don't need 30min of inactivity in the middle of my day, it just makes me lethargic in the afternoon, plus I always end up having to sign for something or do work while I am on my break anyways. 

I am pretty livid right now. 

That's terrible, for someone to go out of their way and do that by complaining to your Union. I was laid off once, and I always look for the best, and took it as an opportunity to move back to Seattle. 

• Upvote 2

I've only put two posters on this site on "ignore" (by and large the folks on this site are great), mostly because they post a constant stream of irrelevant drivel. It drives me crazy that the ignore function on here still shows that they've posted, but just blocks the message itself. The "You've chosen to ignore content from ____." message is a real pet peeve. Yes, I'm aware I've chosen to ignore them- quit reminding me!

Also I'm annoyed the temperature 'round these parts jumped from 23°C to 36°C in the span of one week. I live for the desert, but come on!

This man has been persistent in asking me out on a date, and today I said yes.  I guess I am annoyed in the persistent-cy, but today I said yes. I've known him since 2011. Depending on how this goes, perhaps I will sit back, have a few glasses of wine while eating my dessert, and talk about the Habs for a few hours :) !  Now thinking about it, I don't know why I said yes. Maybe I am curious about why he is persistent. 

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 1
On 5/23/2017 at 7:58 PM, brilac said:

This man has been persistent in asking me out on a date, and today I said yes.  I guess I am annoyed in the persistent-cy, but today I said yes. I've known him since 2011. Depending on how this goes, perhaps I will sit back, have a few glasses of wine while eating my dessert, and talk about the Habs for a few hours :) !  Now thinking about it, I don't know why I said yes. Maybe I am curious about why he is persistent. 

Always nice to be wanted ☺️.  Maybe it'll work out!  

Edited by YummyCakeFace

So, there's a Sub Pop store at SeaTac, and I really like their sunglasses, and they're $10, and I have a pair, the red ones. The thing is, if I want to shop at their store in person, I have to be flying somewhere, because they only have a store at the airport. And when I fly, it's usually down to San Francisco, up to Vancouver, or Montreal, which is a long flight to Montreal with a flight change. So, I'm usually not in the mood to buy, and when I return to go home, it's usually after they close, past 10pm. I am not really an online shopper, so I will not buy online. They should really put a store in Downtown Seattle. 

On 2017-05-23 at 7:58 PM, brilac said:

Good on you. It's good to push one's envelope sometimes and have life experiences that we otherwise wouldn't.

I think I already mentioned this but I can't get for the life of my why people start fires on the beach during the day when it's +25C out.  I mean if your trying to cook or bbq I can see the reason but otherwise it's a total waste and it's illegal.

• Upvote 1