The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

When I see "Only 95 cals" for a beer ad.  A. I hate beer, I never had one in my life, B. You got your life priorities out of whack if you need count calories while you drink, C. Is calories used so much in society that is needs to be abbreviated?

If someone came up to me and said 'try this , this beer only has 95 cals.' pretty sure my night would end in a manslaughter charge. 

• Upvote 1
On 12/26/2016 at 2:42 AM, Lafayettecrossbar said:

When people press the crosswalk button at a time they could easily jay walk. Whether it be early morn, late night, or whenever, I hate to see people with a perfect chance to jay walk only to hit the crosswalk button, making the cars that would've slowed down for them come to a complete halt. 

I dunno, it's annoying to me. 

Your comment reminded me of this (old, cheesy) movie.  Jump to 2:09, and watch for a minute or so :P

Edit: Damn, I'm tired and should go home early.  Not only did you post this a couple months ago, but I replied to you then, too.

Edited by Kragar

People that complain about housing costs  & whine that they need government help. Guess what? There's 1000s of other places that don't cost that much.

People that have never really left a 50km radius, yet talk like they represent the whole province, yet have no idea first hand what it's like outside of their bubble.

Cityots

People that are healthy and in the workforce between 19-40 that make less than 50,000/year. Why should the rest of us subsidize your luxury and compensate for your laziness? 

People that act superior when it comes to argueing and telling you your opinion is wrong, but run and cry to the authorities when you make them physically back it up. 

Snitches

Whiners

People that approach me and give me a bs sob story that begins with something like "First of all, I'm not a drug addict/alcoholic/mentally ill/Homeless BUT...Yadda yadda yadda...got any spare change?" When you know it's a lie because they're denying something they weren't being accused of.

If you want some spare change, fine. Just ask. Don't give me a bs sob story and insult my intelligence.

I got annoyed yesterday by this person who was going door-to-door to try to sign people up for a charity. 

At no point in our conversation (where she didn't even let me get a word in edgewise) did she ask me if I wanted to sign up for the monthly donations. She basically had a conversation with me, then just asked for my name and started to input it. When I stopped her and asked if I can just go to their website (for more information) before I decide to sign up on my own, she went into how it would be easier to just do it with her and that if she doesn't get x amount of people to sign up, she'd have to work later. 

Firstly, I didn't like how she didn't ask before she tried to sign me up. Secondly, I didn't like how she tried to guilt trip me. 

when people post in a manner which begs others to comment on their personal agendas

and then call those who acknowledge them obnoxious

e: I think eating meat is unethical, mind you, but you're just trying to get into an argument, for whatever reason need to feel morally superior to internet strangers, or some weird combination of those two points.

Edited by One one two
16 hours ago, Canuck_83 said:

I got annoyed yesterday by this person who was going door-to-door to try to sign people up for a charity. 

At no point in our conversation (where she didn't even let me get a word in edgewise) did she ask me if I wanted to sign up for the monthly donations. She basically had a conversation with me, then just asked for my name and started to input it. When I stopped her and asked if I can just go to their website (for more information) before I decide to sign up on my own, she went into how it would be easier to just do it with her and that if she doesn't get x amount of people to sign up, she'd have to work later. 

Firstly, I didn't like how she didn't ask before she tried to sign me up. Secondly, I didn't like how she tried to guilt trip me. 

I was approached on the street by a Buddhist monk-guy a few months ago who handed me a pendant, shoved a record book and pen in my face, and motioned me to sign it. I took the pendant and began to put my name down before even realizing that he wanted me to make a donation (the book had a 'donation amount' column that I didn't notice at first). I handed the things back to him, apologized saying I didn't have any change and wasn't particularly interested in paying him, and he scoffed something foreign- and rude-sounding at me before we parted. wtf guy

Edited by One one two
16 hours ago, One one two said:

I was approached on the street by a Buddhist monk-guy a few months ago who handed me a pendant, shoved a record book and pen in my face, and motioned me to sign it. I took the pendant and began to put my name down before even realizing that he wanted me to make a donation (the book had a 'donation amount' column that I didn't notice at first). I handed the things back to him, apologized saying I didn't have any change and wasn't particularly interested in paying him, and he scoffed something foreign- and rude-sounding at me before we parted. wtf guy

I hope you don't unknowingly sign your life away again. :P

I was approached on the street a few years ago by someone who, like the door-to-door woman, tried to sign me up for monthly donations without actually asking me first. I don't know why these people think they can just do that. At the very least, get my permission first instead of using shady sales tactics. 

Introverts

Smug arrogant music snobs

Excessive (either in size or amount) tattoos

The popularity of tattoos

Video game addicts

People that try to talk to me in person as I talk on the phone 

People that ask to borrow my phone while I talk on the phone

Technology snobs(Apple vs. Android etc.)

People that use the word gay to describe something lame

Anti-wrestling fans who hate wrestling because it's "fake" and/or "gay"

Preachy vegans

Aggressive Jehovah's witnesses that want to brainwash you into their religion

Adele

Taylor Swift

Anime

Soccer

People that wear jorts

People in the workplace who speak another language at work who call you racist after you politely ask them to speak English

People that jump on the Let's hate so and so bandwagon because it's trendy

That's all I could think of for now.