The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good Deal? Groupon offering Canucks Pre-Season tix and Horvat/Miller signed pucks

Vinny in Vancouver

My apologies if this is the wrong forum. In any event, Groupon is offering a discount in Canucks pre-season tickets. Still available games are:

• 09/28 - Oilers ($69 for 2 tix in section 301-306,310-321,325-330; $199 for 2 tix in section 101-104, 108-115, 119-122)
  • 10/02 - Sharks (all sold out)
  • 10/03 - Coyotes ($59 for 2 tix in section 301-306,310-321,325-330; $189 for 2 tix in section 101-104, 108-115, 119-122)
  • 10/06 - Flames ($59 for 2 tix in section 301-306,310-321,325-330; $189 for 2 tix in section 101-104, 108-115, 119-122)

The Horvat-autographed ($79) and Miller-autographed pucks ($99; more expensive than Bo???) seem expensive to me.

You can use SUMMER20 for an additional 20% off.

2 hours ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

The Horvat-autographed ($79) and Miller-autographed pucks ($99; more expensive than Bo???) seem expensive to me.

Yeah, what has Miller ever done? I mean, it's not like he's an All-Star, or a Vezina winner or Olympic medalist or anything. 

3 hours ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

As good as Miller has been in his career, I'd still rather pay for a Luongo signed puck then his. If Miller is on a Canuck Logo puck, then no way I would want it, definitely would go for the Horvat over Miller, speaking on a behalf for Canuck fans who collect Canucks stuff. A general hockey Collector though, if it wasn't on a Canuck logo puck and just an NHL puck, probably go with the Miller one, but still a gamble as far as value goes, not sure if it will hold its value.

6 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

If its on Groupon, it means the seller has too many and is trying to offload them...

Yes and no. There are people out there always looking for a deal ...even one that is just a perceived deal that found is on Groupon. 

To have a product on Groupon you need to sell the product at a higher price for a set time before listing it at its contracted reduced rate.  I work in hotel management and have dealt directly with Groupon. So the face value alone would allow the Canucks to list them at the discount. It makes me wonder how many pre season tickets have been sold for these games...

Side note....Groupon guests were the worst batch of guests I've ever dealt with that weren't budget British travelers, 85% of Chinese guests (not Chinese-Canadian....actual people from China..cultural differences I guess), rich Mexicans or Russians. While traveling Israeli dudes straight out of the military...uhg.  Israeli girls straight out of the military on the other hand.....amazing.  

3 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Yeah, what has Miller ever done? I mean, it's not like he's an All-Star, or a Vezina winner or Olympic medalist or anything. 

Definitely very valid points. The problem is probably because I'm not a collector of pucks, but I was thinking about supply and demand. I would have thought that if Bo and Ryan were in the room here in Vancouver autographing pucks that Bo would get a longer line. But again, I'm not a collector.

On 9/14/2016 at 10:02 PM, Gnarcore said:

Yes and no. There are people out there always looking for a deal ...even one that is just a perceived deal that found is on Groupon. 

To have a product on Groupon you need to sell the product at a higher price for a set time before listing it at its contracted reduced rate.  I work in hotel management and have dealt directly with Groupon. So the face value alone would allow the Canucks to list them at the discount. It makes me wonder how many pre season tickets have been sold for these games...

Side note....Groupon guests were the worst batch of guests I've ever dealt with that weren't budget British travelers, 85% of Chinese guests (not Chinese-Canadian....actual people from China..cultural differences I guess), rich Mexicans or Russians. While traveling Israeli dudes straight out of the military...uhg.  Israeli girls straight out of the military on the other hand.....amazing.  

Are you at a 5-star world class hotel? Surprised these Chinese people would waste their time otherwise :P

Archived