The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo horvat to centre the 4th line.

cuporbust

3 minutes ago, jmahyoung said:

My first reaction is: these are not the real lines. WD is playing gamesmanship with other teams. 

We'll see horvat on a more offensive line in the 2nd or 3rd period. They can change as fast as a thought.

I feel like we're the only people on the same page.

I don't get playing him with Dorsett.  I can see him working with Burr, he does have a nose for the net and Burr has played the cycle game with the Twins for years.  If Bo gets less than 15 min a night I will be shaking my head....even more.  This kid doesn't need to brought in slow, he is ready now, he proved it last season.  Let the defensive acquisitions play defense, play the best point getter we have other than the Sedins with offensive players, if our D was good enough to lose Hammer for nothing, we shouldn't need Bo in a shutdown role at the cost of offensive.  Let the kid fly Willie, stop clipping his wings with a plug on his left.

For me as a fan, this is the final straw for WD. I have always supported him and given him the benefit of the doubt. But this is a bush league move by a poor coach. There is no logic behind having our 2nd best center paired with a couple 4th line plugs. However, in my disgust I see 2 positives:

1. Bo will earn more than 4th line ice time.. he is too good. I expect WD will play him 15 minutes a night.

2. Travis Green is waiting on the sideline This could be a potential AV situation circa 2008. That was a pivotal point for our Canucks then and could prove to be again.

Enjoy your peas and carrots in retirement WD.

Cheers,

VanCity

If true Willie can gtfo. We need scoring and you give better opportunity and linemates to inferior players.

You know they talk about trying to get the fans back and get better but constantly do things that fly in the face of that. Like we're not rebuilding or trying to be competitive but just doing random things for no reason.

Willie: Well Bo was our 3rd highest scorer and the highest scorer in the last 3 months of the season. Him and Baertschi are real good together.

Everyone else: So are you going to have him as your second line center with Sven?

Willie: Nah, think I'll just put him on the 4th line with Dorsett and Burr. Dorsett is real good ( goes off on tangent about Dorsett being real good).

Everyone else: Are you serious or did you have a stroke?

Willie: Well Green is real good and he told me it was a good idea.

Everyone else: He's trying to take your job because you're doing it wrong.

20 minutes ago, shadowgoon said:

My guess these are going to be the lines opening night:

Either:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Baertschi Sutter Hansen
Gaunce Granlund Virtanen
Burrows Horvat Dorsett
Skille

or

Sedin Sedin Hansen
Baertschi Sutter Eriksson 
Gaunce Granlund Virtanen
Burrows Horvat Dorsett
Skille

That is an awful lot of balance through the line up with a decent youth energy line in Gaunce, Granlund and Virtanen, two big bodies that can crash and bang with skill. Hansen was great with the Sedins last year, and Eriksson with Baertschi and Sutter could be a great line.

On the 1PP Eriksson plays with the Sedins, 1PP is Baertschi, Horvat and Virtanen

Here's the thing, Kesler played 2 years on the 4th line before taking on a permanent 3rd line role and eventually the 2nd line role. Horvat was thrust into the 2C role out of necessity due to injury to Sutter. Getting Sutter was always about shielding Bo from too much responsibility too soon.

That line with Burrows and Dorsett is more like a 3B, elite shutdown line to play against top opposition when the face off is in the Canucks zone.

I think this really could work out well.

I think that's A great point ,and With Rodin out we need balance even more, and putting Bo on the 4th and let him get back to his game and hopefully drag Dorsett with him Allows Gaunce and Granlund a chance to see if thewy can bring some much-needed offense as well. Another thing to consider is our 4th line will probably get a lot more minutes than most. Long term this is a good move. Once Rodin is back the lines will get shuffled around a bit and by then maybe the nucks will have a better idea of what Gaunce or Granlund look like BO is going to get his chance at some point. For now until Rodin is back let WD play around I just hope that When he does come back, they don't send down Jake if he is doing well. I would rather see skille waived with burr and dorr alternating in the press box.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

I just got flamed for posting the news up earlier, clearly some people weren't paying attention when Willie was talking about lines. 

When he said they're close, that obviously means they're 100% locked in. In the same way that .80 is basically 1.

At first I was pissed....but the more I think about it this really speaks to our depth this year vs last.  If those guys find chemistry this will create all sorts of match up problems for the other team. Our fourth line should really be able to generate alot of chances against other teams fourth line. Also with Bo at center we dont have to be concerned about them being stuck out against other teams first line.

Also I know Burrows is not the 2011 Burrows anymore but as much as he has declined from the first line...he is still a very good fourth liner and I know him and Dorset will compete every shift.

59 minutes ago, tas said:

a 50 point offense-only center doesn't have a place in the league. bo has better offensive potential than many thought, maybe even 60-70 points, but he can grow into that production gradually while focusing on defense as the foundation of his game. we want a toews, right?

Yes so putting him with Burrows and Dorsett does that right? Toews is where he is now due to playing fourth line time. 

We don't want another Sutter. We want Bergeron. 

Please stop trying to justify this absolute lunacy. "Defensive game" can kiss my "wants to watch exciting hockey" butt.

Take our most promising young player, with a ton of offensive ability and drive, and pin him with two dudes who can't create offense at all. Zero benefit added for Bo. 

If Willy wants Burr and Dors on the same line, give them Sutts or Gaunce in the middle. Also, if we really only have Dors around because he's a role player that can actual check, why not have him protecting someone who needs protection, like Granny. Granny and Sven... come the expletive on. So Jake is muscle now? What in the mother!?

I'm holding back a bit here. I wish I could actually swear and be rude. 

I stuck up for Willy all last year because of his rookie coaching season, and how well Bo seemed to develop under him. But now I'm super irritated and confused (because Bo and Sven were a "pair" according to WD and JB two weeks ago) .

Willy, I hate you. Way to set a lineup that the fans are excited about for opening night, you ... you... goofy looking, moustached, gitterbug turd.

6 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Chicago also confirmed they would separate Panarin and Kane...that lasted less then 2 periods.

when its 3-0 Flames watch the line swaps.

Line swaps don't happen mid game for Willy. The guy needs a plan, can't think on his feet. 

Archived