The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] David Backes injured

thejazz97

BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, October 26, that the team has recalled forward Austin Czarnik from Providence (American Hockey League). Czarnik is expected to join the team for their pregame skate and be available for their game at N.Y. Rangers ‪on Wednesday, October 26, at 8 p.m.

Sweeney also announced the following update on forward David Backes :

"David Backes underwent the removal of the olecranon bursa from his elbow on Monday, October 24. His condition will be updated after the weekend."

Austin Czarnik has skated in two games with Boston in 2016-17 - his first two career NHL games - and recorded two penalty minutes. He has also skated in two games with Providence this season, posting one goal and two assists for three points.

He appeared in 68 games with Providence in 2015-16, tallying 20 goals and 41 assists for 61 points with a plus-17 rating. The 5-foot-9, 167-pound forward ranked 7th in the AHL in points and 11th in assists in his rookie season with the P-Bruins.

Prior to joining Providence, Czarnik finished up his senior season at Miami University (Ohio) in 2014-15, appearing in 40 games while registering nine goals (tied for fifth on the team) and 36 assists (led the team) for 45 points (led the team) with a plus-five rating. The forward led the Redhawks the previous three seasons (2012-14) in both assists and points.

At the collegiate level with the Redhawks, the 23-year-old competed in 159 games and racked up 46 goals and 123 assists for 169 points (1.06 points per game average). Czarnik was named a Hobey Baker finalist in 2012-13 and served as team captain for his junior and senior campaigns.

The Washington, Michigan native signed an entry-level contract with the Bruins on April 1, 2015.

Nobody else find this completely predictable? Boston signs an old player who has injury concerns to a huge overpay of a contract (either on length or dollars depending on your preference.) Gets injured immediately. I mean if you do something that stupid, you deserve this. Wonder how long he is out though? Kind of makes me hope it's long term, just to prove the point.

I suffered this injury in my minor hockey days on both elbows (slu-footed and smashed the ice).  i never got mine removed. To this day i cannot put my elbows on a hard surface without having it hurt like hell for days.  My elbows were purple from well above and below the joint for a month.  It sucks.

On 26/10/2016 at 10:58 AM, apollo said:

One of the dirtiest players in the game.... good. 

Apollo this is really surprising coming from a vet like you on here.

Never wish injury on an athlete. it's absolutely the worst thing imaginable. . 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Apollo this is really surprising coming from a vet like you on here.

Never wish injury on an athlete. it's absolutely the worst thing imaginable. . 

To be fair I just said 'good'  

Didn't wish him an injury 

That being said, what goes around comes around... I don't like cheap shot artists like Backes... Anytime a guy like him or Keith gets injured,... I'm sorry, I can't help it... My response will always be good. 

Yes I know it's unethical but it's like wishing Hitler or the school bully ill

On 10/26/2016 at 7:55 AM, thejazz97 said:

BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, October 26, that the team has recalled forward Austin Czarnik from Providence (American Hockey League). Czarnik is expected to join the team for their pregame skate and be available for their game at N.Y. Rangers ‪on Wednesday, October 26, at 8 p.m.

Sweeney also announced the following update on forward David Backes :

"David Backes underwent the removal of the olecranon bursa from his elbow on Monday, October 24. His condition will be updated after the weekend."

Austin Czarnik has skated in two games with Boston in 2016-17 - his first two career NHL games - and recorded two penalty minutes. He has also skated in two games with Providence this season, posting one goal and two assists for three points.

He appeared in 68 games with Providence in 2015-16, tallying 20 goals and 41 assists for 61 points with a plus-17 rating. The 5-foot-9, 167-pound forward ranked 7th in the AHL in points and 11th in assists in his rookie season with the P-Bruins.

Prior to joining Providence, Czarnik finished up his senior season at Miami University (Ohio) in 2014-15, appearing in 40 games while registering nine goals (tied for fifth on the team) and 36 assists (led the team) for 45 points (led the team) with a plus-five rating. The forward led the Redhawks the previous three seasons (2012-14) in both assists and points.

At the collegiate level with the Redhawks, the 23-year-old competed in 159 games and racked up 46 goals and 123 assists for 169 points (1.06 points per game average). Czarnik was named a Hobey Baker finalist in 2012-13 and served as team captain for his junior and senior campaigns.

The Washington, Michigan native signed an entry-level contract with the Bruins on April 1, 2015.

I had this surgery. The prior hurt like crazy, it would flare at random. Recovery for me was 8 weeks. My guess is about the same (he is older now). 

3 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

I had this surgery. The prior hurt like crazy, it would flare at random. Recovery for me was 8 weeks. My guess is about the same (he is older now). 

That's nasty. Glad you recovered well and hope he does the same.

Archived