The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time for a new Captain on our club ?

kingofsurrey

Time for a new Captain on our club ?

After seeing Miller and Hansen step up and lead by example tonight....

Is it time for our Club to find a new Captain ?

Who would it be ?

Guddy ?

Horvat ?

Just seeing Miller and Hansen step up and lead... makes me wonder if the time is soon to find a new Captain to lead our club......

8 minutes ago, Beeekz37 said:

It will be nice to have a North American captain for a change. Nothing against the amazing Europeans we have had over the years, but I think grit and toughness is the new thing.

I guess it is a sad statement of our club when you see basically very little options of any of players being the kind of player that could wear a C.

I think Hank and Danny are still our two most skilled players but to me i want a leader that leads by Physical Example.   Seems to me our clubs Captain should be Horvat or Guddy.  Those are 2 guys that i think most players would follow their lead....

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I guess it is a sad statement of our club when you see basically very little options of any of players being the kind of player that could wear a C.

I think Hank and Danny are still our two most skilled players but to me i want a leader that leads by Physical Example.   Seems to me our clubs Captain should be Horvat or Guddy.  Those are 2 guys that i think most players would follow their lead....

You could say it's a sad statement, or perhaps there are many viable options, but those two stick out above the rest.

Won't change anything. The team responded well to the physicality tonight, and the more vocal people can already say what they want to say in the locker room. I'm not the biggest fan of super soft spoken / non-emotional captains either, but I don't see how it'd help the team stripping Henrik at this point.

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

Because it will make some magical difference who has the C's and A's on their chest?

It might.  I'm pretty sure the Oilers didn't want to lose Taylor Hall, but they needed to make it clear that this is now the McDavid era and leave no doubts.  It has been effective.

The Canucks may reach a point, eventually, that we reached with Markus Naslund as captain.  There's a reason he wasn't offered a contract when his last one was up.  The organization loved and respected Naslund, and deservedly so, but a new era with a new style of leadership was necessary and keeping him around would have hurt the transition.

That day may come for the Sedins, sad as it might be when it does.

55 minutes ago, 87Crosby said:

Can we get some new fans while we're at it? Despicable response I'm seeing on multiple forums about going head hunting on Martin or Matthews or Marner in the next game. Maybe that's why Vancouverites get such a bad name.

I thought they got a bad name from being whining crybaby Crosby fans that should stick to figure skating

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

It might.  I'm pretty sure the Oilers didn't want to lose Taylor Hall, but they needed to make it clear that this is now the McDavid era and leave no doubts.  It has been effective.

The Canucks may reach a point, eventually, that we reached with Markus Naslund as captain.  There's a reason he wasn't offered a contract when his last one was up.  The organization loved and respected Naslund, but new era with a new style of leadership was necessary and keeping him around would have hurt the transition.

That day may come for the Sedins, sad as it might be when it does.

We don't have a McDavid or anybody close.

Naslund had decided to move on. Gillis, who had just taken over as GM, was his agent. There was no offer because Gillis already knew Naslund wanted to move on.

That day will come for the Sedins. It just hasn't arrived yet.

Archived