The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Dal Colle and Barzal

Byrix

http://puckprose.com/2016/11/19/new-york-islanders-trade-rumors-5-forward-options/

Just found and read about NYI wanting to part with prospects to keep Tavares happy, which means the Islanders decided to win now.

Good time to put together a package to take advantage.

Bring Barzal home, bring Dal Colle with him.

What would you package to get these 2 young pieces to the Canucks?

If the Islanders (who I love) wanted to "win now", then they should have made immediate changes a month ago. They are absolutely spiraling out of control. Think about this for a second, "They have only played 5 road games this season." Translation? Their season is lost. Trading Dal Colle or Barzal will not help them make the playoffs. Not unless that person coming back is 35 year old Dominik Hasek.

More importantly, the Canucks don't have one single forward that will propel them into an 11 place finish in the Eastern Conference.

Hansen for either one would be a good trade. Hansen still has a year left on his contract and he finished 18th amongst RW in goals last year in just 67 games played. I know Hansen isn't a first line winger, but his production wasn't too far off from a low-end first line winger and he brings a lot of versatility. 

Dal Colle looked worrisome after a huge set back early last year (8 goals in 30 games) but scored 27 in his next 30 after the trade and has 7 in 15 in the AHL this year. Barzal would also be a great fit. Perfect rebuild-type move.

No way they make ANY moves to stop Tavares from leaving, why would he want to stay in that dump of a franchise? Look at where they moved to, what a joke half the seats in that arena cannot even see the entire arena.

If they wanted to save Tavares, maybe preventing their top goal scorers from signing elsewhere in Free Agency would have been a good start. The fact that Halak wants out kind of shows you the morale on this team right now. 

If I was Tavares and did not want to waste my time on a BS franchise, I would be out of there the first day FA hits. 

6 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

No way they make ANY moves to stop Tavares from leaving, why would he want to stay in that dump of a franchise? Look at where they moved to, what a joke half the seats in that arena cannot even see the entire arena.

If they wanted to save Tavares, maybe preventing their top goal scorers from signing elsewhere in Free Agency would have been a good start. The fact that Halak wants out kind of shows you the morale on this team right now. 

If I was Tavares and did not want to waste my time on a BS franchise, I would be out of there the first day FA hits. 

Do you think the Canucks have a chance to land Tavares in 2018 Free Agency? Would the Canucks rebuild have gained enough experience to lure Tavares?

Both Sedins will be coming off the books and that fills our First Line Center. Tavares and Boeser together would be deadly!

Just now, Nessnuck27 said:

Do you think the Canucks have a chance to land Tavares in 2018 Free Agency? Would the Canucks rebuild have gained enough experience to lure Tavares?

Both Sedins will be coming off the books and that fills our First Line Center. Tavares and Boeser together would be deadly!

I wish that was the case, but Vancouver as a destination for a franchise changing Center is unlikely. 

If you remember Lucic stated the reason he chose EDM over Van was because of their prospects, namely McDavid. Add to this not many players want to play in a "fishbowl Canadian Market" like Vancouver, and you can see why we had to overpay a guy like Loui Erickson to come here. 

Unless Boeser comes in and becomes the next Laine, and every one of our prospects become legit NHL players, I find it highly doubtful no matter how much money we throw at Johnny T for him to sign here :(

Sucks, but what can we do? By now JT has already made his money, now he just wants to win, and for sure he is the most underrated superstar in the league. He is similar to Crosby, but does not get the recognition he deserves because he plays for a lame franchise right now. 

1 minute ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

I wish that was the case, but Vancouver as a destination for a franchise changing Center is unlikely. 

If you remember Lucic stated the reason he chose EDM over Van was because of their prospects, namely McDavid. Add to this not many players want to play in a "fishbowl Canadian Market" like Vancouver, and you can see why we had to overpay a guy like Loui Erickson to come here. 

Unless Boeser comes in and becomes the next Laine, and every one of our prospects become legit NHL players, I find it highly doubtful no matter how much money we throw at Johnny T for him to sign here :(

Sucks, but what can we do? By now JT has already made his money, now he just wants to win, and for sure he is the most underrated superstar in the league. He is similar to Crosby, but does not get the recognition he deserves because he plays for a lame franchise right now. 

Well I guess here is to hoping that Boeser, Juolevi, Horvat, Virtanen, Stetcher, Hutton and 2017 1st rounder take massive leaps and impress JT enough to bring him over to Van City. Never ever, say never ever.

A guy can dream can't he? :towel:

Besides our prospects cupboard finally taking shape, the other thing going for us is that we have a 1st line center spot to fill. I doubt he would want to go anywhere where he will only play 15min a night. Then again maybe he would do that just to win. Watch with our luck, he will go to the Coilers to be Mcdavid's #2 center.

4 minutes ago, Nessnuck27 said:

Well I guess here is to hoping that Boeser, Juolevi, Horvat, Virtanen, Stetcher, Hutton and 2017 1st rounder take massive leaps and impress JT enough to bring him over to Van City. Never ever, say never ever.

A guy can dream can't he? :towel:

Besides our prospects cupboard finally taking shape, the other thing going for us is that we have a 1st line center spot to fill. I doubt he would want to go anywhere where he will only play 15min a night. Then again maybe he would do that just to win. Watch with our luck, he will go to the Coilers to be Mcdavid's #2 center.

I think you are right in stating that we have a good group of young players coming up. The issue is that these players will most likely take 4 years to develop to their potential. 

JT will most likely want to go to a contender, much like how Stamkos decided to stay in TB because he knows that team is stacked. 

We will just have to be patient and let our young guys develop properly rather than hoping a big time FA will save us 

24 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

I think you are right in stating that we have a good group of young players coming up. The issue is that these players will most likely take 4 years to develop to their potential. 

JT will most likely want to go to a contender, much like how Stamkos decided to stay in TB because he knows that team is stacked. 

We will just have to be patient and let our young guys develop properly rather than hoping a big time FA will save us 

Have many big time FA changed teams in the cap era? Hossa comes to mind (twice). Teams like Chicago keep their top 5-6 players locked up before FA.

As you say we need to be patient - draft, develope and trade well with judicious signings of tier 2 FA's. 

I was born the year before the Canucks so we are in a race to see if a Cup comes to our fair city before I hit the wrong side of the dirt. I like to party so they better get on with it. 

Go Canucks Go!

id go all in on selling islanders a huge package  sedins and hansen retain 7 mill of sedins contract   for  pulock barzal strome and a first 

of course islanders would have to clear an additional 5.75 mill in trades to other teams to make this work but  islanders  could possibly go deep now into playoffs  while we get their futures

this would allow benning to trade tanev for a sniper in east as well 

baertchi  barzal sutter 

boeser    horvat  eriksson

granlund strome  virtanen

dorsett gaunce plug 

edler pulock

hutton guddy

juolevi tryamkin 

stecher 

markstrom 

demko 

next yr 

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

id go all in on selling islanders a huge package  sedins and hansen retain 7 mill of sedins contract   for  pulock barzal strome and a first 

of course islanders would have to clear an additional 5.75 mill in trades to other teams to make this work but  islanders  could possibly go deep now into playoffs  while we get their futures

this would allow benning to trade tanev for a sniper in east as well 

baertchi  barzal sutter 

boeser    horvat  eriksson

granlund strome  virtanen

dorsett gaunce plug 

edler pulock

hutton guddy

juolevi tryamkin 

stecher 

markstrom 

demko 

next yr 

Did you trade Tanev too?

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Wouldn't they want to go to a team higher than us in the standings? At least with more points?

Maybe they would want to do the Canucks a big favour :towel:

To be fair NYI are closer to winning a cup than we are.  Not by much though. 

Archived