The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I think Willie is going to have his hands full keeping a lid on proceedings Saturday. I hope I'm wrong, I'd hate to see anything dumb happen out there.

I don't think anything stupid (AKA dangerous) will happen. I do believe that Gudbranson will pummel Martin with a vengeance. And I think Tryamkin will do his best to swat away Matthews and Marner. I can also see Bo squaring off with Kadri. Call me crazy, but I see that happening. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't think anything stupid (AKA dangerous) will happen. I do believe that Gudbranson will pummel Martin with a vengeance. And I think Tryamkin will do his best to swat away Matthews and Marner. I can also see Bo squaring off with Kadri. Call me crazy, but I see that happening. 

That would be very appropriate.  Good call.  I'd like to see that.  Does Kadri have the balls to answer the bell?

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hahaha, that is a pretty wild scenario you've imagined there Phil. I hope you're right, it sounds damned entertaining.

Do you have us winning?

Loving Tryamkin the more I see him.  Second highest minutes for defense tonight and was out for last minute.  Obviously Willy is now a believer.  Plus he hits harder and is clearly our biggest and strongest defenseman.  

Have you noticed how few net skirmishs there are between him and #44 being on the ice?  Like almost none, which use to be a regular occurrence.  Nice change.

13 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Nothing against Benning but to be honest Stecher's heart was set on signing here all things being relatively equal. He's wanted to be a Canuck all of his life. 

Really my main concern last year was Benning deciding not to offer him a contract. But I'm glad everything worked out.

Just because someone wants something doesn't automatically mean they'll get it. Give credit when its due. Benning actively sought out Stecher and signed him to the Canucks. If there was no signing there wouldn't be a Stecher.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Kadri has balls?

Did you see that prissy little display he put on tonight?

He likes to crosscheck guys that are down on the ice, or slash at a distance, but I've never really seen Kadri drop the gloves with the exception of the time David Backes gave him literally no choice.

He's the stick work kind - with a visor - that runs cheap shots.

Can't wait to see him eat some of his cooking.

Archived