The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I don't know how you sit Tryamkin in the press box though the way he has played so far. It's nice to finally have depth on D but Tryamkin has been awesome.

I just don't see that happening. Tanev and Edler healthy and I see Larsen sitting with Biega back to Utica. The question becomes whether Stecher goes back down as well. That is a possibility as strange as that might sound. Whether Van is a playoff bound team makes a dif as well. If they are a playoff bound team it would be a set back IMO as it would nix the chance of a Edler or Tanev trade. Such a trade would truly help the rebuild of the forward group.

2 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Bo Horvat - 23GP 8G 8A

Sean Monahan - 23GP 6G 3A

Flames first line is struggling so bad right now.  Bo is going to get paid.  Monahan makes 6.5mil/year

Lucky contracts are based on what the player did leading up to the contract and not what the player had done since.  If that was the case ever player in the league would be asking for Clarkson money.

21 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I don't know how you sit Tryamkin in the press box though the way he has played so far. It's nice to finally have depth on D but Tryamkin has been awesome.

I am actually seeing Try as a 1st liner in a couple of years. He is just so damn intelligent out there on the ice. Example that high chip he has perfected that drops 10 feet over the opponents blue line and almost sticks - no icing and it gives our team time to re-group. Despite his size and the length of his stick you get the impression he could shell peas with it, the way he crafts out passes. What a find.

Oh and anyone he traps on the boards, stays there until he decides to let them go.

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I just don't see that happening. Tanev and Edler healthy and I see Larsen sitting with Biega back to Utica. The question becomes whether Stecher goes back down as well. That is a possibility as strange as that might sound. Whether Van is a playoff bound team makes a dif as well. If they are a playoff bound team it would be a set back IMO as it would nix the chance of a Edler or Tanev trade. Such a trade would truly help the rebuild of the forward group.

I see Stecher down as a possibility if they want to keep all their D intact for the playoffs. Or possibly Tryamkin does sit. Cutting off their nose to spite their face though in my opinion.

With Juolevi in the wings, it being obvious we could use a top level scorer to have hope in the playoffs anyway, and our prospect pool having some ok pieces to add, the time has never been better to trade one of Tanev or Edler for help up front.

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

I am actually seeing Try as a 1st liner in a couple of years. He is just so damn intelligent out there on the ice. Example that high chip he has perfected that drops 10 feet over the opponents blue line and almost sticks - no icing and it gives our team time to re-group. Despite his size and the length of his stick you get the impression he could shell peas with it, the way he crafts out passes. What a find.

Oh and anyone he traps on the boards, stays there until he decides to let them go.

I agree. He has many more tools already other than just being a monster physically. He has a quick release on his shot too. Needs to get it to the net like Stecher a bit more but he can be dangerous offensively too I think as he gains experience.

I love what he brings to our team.

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Same can be said for Sbisa. I think the most unreliable guy of the 7 has been Edler to be honest.. The weird part is he's finally throwing those elusive big hits again and showing the star qualities we saw early in his career. He's just making a lot of bad decisions night in and night out.  Half the dings in our division's shin pads have to be from an edler shot that only had a 4% chance of getting through but he took it anyways.

Im not saying straight up bench him because we have better players now.. But I'd like to see some tough love shown throughout the lineup now. If edler has a couple bad games in a row, sit him out and play the guy working his butt off in practice. Same goes for any one on the team. 

1 minute ago, thad said:

Same can be said for Sbisa. I think the most unreliable guy of the 7 has been Edler to be honest.. The weird part is he's finally throwing those elusive big hits again and showing the star qualities we saw early in his career. He's just making a lot of bad decisions night in and night out.  Half the dings in our division's shin pads have to be from an edler shot that only had a 4% chance of getting through but he took it anyways.

Im not saying straight up bench him because we have better players now.. But I'd like to see some tough love shown throughout the lineup now. If edler has a couple bad games in a row, sit him out and play the guy working his butt off in practice. Same goes for any one on the team. 

I would sit Edler for the entire month of December, and part of January too.  :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Lucky contracts are based on what the player did leading up to the contract and not what the player had done since.  If that was the case ever player in the league would be asking for Clarkson money.

Is Monaghan being exposed for being a lesser player than his contract pays?  Did the Flames do an RNH, Hall, and Eberle OVERPAY, and ruin their Cap structure?  

10 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't think anything stupid (AKA dangerous) will happen. I do believe that Gudbranson will pummel Martin with a vengeance. And I think Tryamkin will do his best to swat away Matthews and Marner. I can also see Bo squaring off with Kadri. Call me crazy, but I see that happening. 

Now if that happened Phil, my Christmas wishlist would be complete.

Chaput has had a few fights, maybe he decides to go for Kadri.

Got to love Stecher for several reasons outside of his play

- Played with Brock Boeser and won a championship

- Has overcome the odds several times due to his size

- Grew up 25 minutes from Downtown Vancouver and was a Canucks fan growing up

- out of all the teams he could have signed with he signed here knowing full well they weren't contenders 

How can you not love the kid!

14 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Loved that play, he's a keeper.

10 hours ago, Stormriders said:

Loving Tryamkin the more I see him.  Second highest minutes for defense tonight and was out for last minute.  Obviously Willy is now a believer.  Plus he hits harder and is clearly our biggest and strongest defenseman.  

Have you noticed how few net skirmishs there are between him and #44 being on the ice?  Like almost none, which use to be a regular occurrence.  Nice change.

Obviously Tryamkin is now fit.

There I fixed that for you.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Monaghan being exposed for being a lesser player than his contract pays?  Did the Flames do an RNH, Hall, and Eberle OVERPAY, and ruin their Cap structure?  

He's just slumping a bit.  They put him on the fourth line the other night and he ended up scoring the only goal.  He'll bounce back but calgary's depth is down right pathetic, they expected every young player to progress significantly and didn't take any consideration for regression.  They watched 40 goals from last year walk and replaced it with Brouwer and a 19 year old.

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

Got to love Stecher for several reasons outside of his play

- Played with Brock Boeser and won a championship

- Has overcome the odds several times due to his size

- Grew up 25 minutes from Downtown Vancouver and was a Canucks fan growing up

- out of all the teams he could have signed with he signed here knowing full well they weren't contenders 

How can you not love the kid!

The Oilers would have signed him and he would be playing their for sure.

16 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Do you remember an interview where Tryamkin was asked about his comparison to Chara?  I think his answer was he thinks he's better than Chara.  Tryamkin does have pretty soft hands.

10 hours ago, dank.sinatra said:

Is it just me or this group getting poised to start being a winning club. Hansen and Rodin should both return around the same time (my guess would be Dec. 16th against the Lightning, after a long eastern road-trip). If the current roster can manage 500 on the trip, the team will be in a real good position to get on a roll after, especially with Horvat taking the lead offensively and others stepping up.

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Rodin

Granlund - Sutter - Eriksson

Burrows - Gaunce - Megna

Really hoping everyone stays healthy from now. Really want to see want this forward group can do now that the rust seems to be coming off.

Where's Chaput?

You can't take Burr off the 2nd the way he is playing.

Good problems to have.

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

He's just slumping a bit.  They put him on the fourth line the other night and he ended up scoring the only goal.  He'll bounce back but calgary's depth is down right pathetic, they expected every young player to progress significantly and didn't take any consideration for regression.  They watched 40 goals from last year walk and replaced it with Brouwer and a 19 year old.

I hope you have inundated their coach with letters for daring to put a 6th o/a on the 4th line contrary to the FTG coaching manual.:P

Archived