The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What was that fecal waste Kadri doing tonight? Are Lucic, Kassian, and Maroon afraid of him?

That's what I don't understand. Two games now and Lucic did nothing to stand up for his team. kadri wiped out McDavid (he received an interference penalty) and also wiped out Larsen (received another penalty) 

i just hope we don't sit back and let that punk team run us over 

33 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

That's what I don't understand. Two games now and Lucic did nothing to stand up for his team. kadri wiped out McDavid (he received an interference penalty) and also wiped out Larsen (received another penalty) 

It is strange how no one is making Kadri pay. 

38 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I'm hoping that horvat gets to match up with him and lights him up.

Cardiac Kids!

Stecher  Area 51

Tryamkin the Bermuda Tryangle 

Stecher makes Larsen expendable put Biega in for better D and body checking (our forwards need that type of back up- NHL toughness)

BurBurrBurr it's like the mayor put out the bat signal and he returned to Gotham.

We have found our PP!!

Chaput and Megna have great speed and energy to match the faster game.

Teams seem to try and bum rush us at the beginning of games. Like a strategy to get the first one on us.

Baers and Horvat +2 

It's great to see the young guys developing before our eyes.  Hutton, Stecher, Baertschi, Granlund, Horvat, Tryamkin.  

Incidentally, Horvat is the youngest of the players stepping up at 21.  Most are 22 and 23 which is the age at which players generally develop into NHL players.  

Eriksson coming out of his slump and adjusting to his new team and the rejuvination of Burrows.

I still think they're a better team with their top pair, Edler and Tanev back.  When Hansen comes back, Sutter can go back in the middle and make the team stronger up front.

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Burrows

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

Chaput Gaunce Megna

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Sbisa Stecher

Tryamkin

looking solid as a healthy team

Alex Burrows has shown his teammates where the front of the net is. Stecher has shown his d-men that you can actually hit the net from the point.

What is most important in this stretch prior to Tanev and Edler returning is how well the young d-men do. Ideally they do very well and Benning realizes that he can deal one of the two. Interesting if Columbus continues their strong play that they might release the Torts 2nd Rounder this year rather than next.

5 hours ago, JamesB said:

I continue to be impressed with Burrows and with Tryamkin.

But the big takeaway from tonight is obviously the play of  Stecher and Hutton

The best part is it feels like we got all three of those players for free considering how we acquired them (free agency, late draft picks) :)

10 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

love how stecher dances on the blueline and gets his shots through, man this kid is such a stud.

Also not to be a negative nancy but everytime the nucks win I get this dreadful feeling that management/ownership start to believe we are a playoff team again..

But we are!!

10 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Blame WD when we lose, completely forget about him when we win. Give credit where credit is due. This is a complete 180.

Good Job nervous Willie!!

Love our mobility on the blue line through the lineup. Great game to watch. 

I love the way Willie takes a knock back. (like when our goal was disallowed) 

Slight smirk, slight grimace, pops another piece of gum and barks out some encouragement at no-one in particular. Aint nothin gonna break my stride!

49 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

It's great to see the young guys developing before our eyes.  Hutton, Stecher, Baertschi, Granlund, Horvat, Tryamkin.  

Incidentally, Horvat is the youngest of the players stepping up at 21.  Most are 22 and 23 which is the age at which players generally develop into NHL players.  

Eriksson coming out of his slump and adjusting to his new team and the rejuvination of Burrows.

I still think they're a better team with their top pair, Edler and Tanev back.  When Hansen comes back, Sutter can go back in the middle and make the team stronger up front.

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Burrows

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

Chaput Gaunce Megna

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Sbisa Stecher

Tryamkin

looking solid as a healthy team

I don't know how you sit Tryamkin in the press box though the way he has played so far. It's nice to finally have depth on D but Tryamkin has been awesome.

Just now, alfstonker said:

I love the way Willie takes a knock back. (like when our goal was disallowed) 

Slight smirk, slight grimace, pops another piece of gum and barks out some encouragement at no-one in particular. Aint nothin gonna break my stride!

Haha, he is a character overflowing with limitless comedy. I don't know why but I have always cut him a lot of slack and almost feel sorry for him. Nobody cares more than Willie. When something bad happens you can physically see him picking up the pieces lol

10 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

WOOOO!!!!

Great game by Stecher and Hutton - 2 points each.

And congratulations to LASTNAME for second star tonight! :P

agreed, fantastic showing from our young D. finally d-men who can get the puck to the net on the PP unlike the past

when the heck did we sign LASTNAME, his stats were impressive. 

1 hour ago, IbanezRG said:

I'm hoping that horvat gets to match up with him and lights him up.

Horvat pounding Kadri in a fight... Watch CDC declare the season done and celebrate like we won the cup. In all honesty, it could still be the highlight of the season, if it happened. 

10 hours ago, Mad_Duck said:

I think Montreal. I was just wondering if Burr did much tonight, because I only got to see most of the t'ird.

Burr was outstanding and I have to say I am eating my words. His work rate and compete level is off the charts and I think it is partly because of his line mates and the faith Desjardins has publicly declared, more than once, in his ability.

I'm still baffled that people are bashing Gudbrandson.........he's big, mean, uses his body and keeps the other team honest.  On top of that he's very good defensively.

Also, I appear to be the only one who thought Gaunce looked good on his shifts he played on the wing with Granlund and Eriksson

Archived