The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Pears said:

WHO WAS THIS TEAM I JUST WATCHED??

THAT WAS AWESOME

When the young guys who deserve to play actually get a chance to play meaningful minutes this is the results. Yeah they made mistakes but they also had an impact on the game. Great to see.

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Blame WD when we lose, completely forget about him when we win. Give credit where credit is due. This is a complete 180.

Good Job nervous Willie!!

Love our mobility on the blue line through the lineup. Great game to watch. 

Hes forced to play the kids more, the same kids he refuses to give more ice time to when the vets are healthy. These kids make an impact on the game and force the issue. 

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

No so sure about that. We were scary in our own end so he really does not have a great defensive system in place and certainly no lock down defence 

i will take the win but this was all about offensive effort and not WD 

With youth comes inexperience and mistakes but that can be overlooked when they also make a positive impact on the game. Regardless of the score there was consistent pushback for the entire game. 

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

So how many GM's are pissed they didn't get Stecher signed?

Twenty nine 

And only 1 very happy GM

IMG_1087.JPG

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, beni said:

Great job by the young guys. 

Was fun listening via radio. Hope tanev returns soon. If the boys continue to have success in the next few games I hope they may overlook Edler on #1PP. Edler with the twins is not doing them any favors. 

Def need a more dynamic presence on the point. If the edler of pre-season shows up then he'd be a good secondary option.

2 hours ago, Mattrek said:

I'm not afraid to give credit when credit is due. I've been hard on him, but the past two games have been coached really well. Part of me wonders if it would be the same with the veterans here, but regardless given the cards he had Willie did a great job turning it into a jackpot.

Sadly he might be too proud not to resort back to his old ways when the injured vets are back. Tonight the kids showed that they can have an impact on the game and make things happen, willie needs to take notice.IMG_1092.JPG

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Its all about deception. Ya, Edler, Gudbranson and Tryamkin can shoot but it's the methodic wind up that kills them. Especially Edler. It's like "hey everyone, Eddy is winding up for a slap shot". "is everyone ready?!" "Ready" "ready,'" "ready" "ready" "Ok, in 5,4,3...."

No it's 6-3-1 in past 10. 

Horvat doing what I told u he would be doing before season start + more

Sedins are still true NHL top 6 players.

Eriksson is looking like he is a great addition to the club. 

Baercheese living up to JB's projection.

Stetcher Tryamkin - what would we do without them? THANK U JB.

Miller Markstrom solid solid goaltending.

Granlund for Hunter, another JB +

No way can this team contend tho...:wacko:

Not bad for a team that needs to tank for years & stock pile picks before they can compete & ever improve huh...:shock::towel:

PS. Hansen still coming back

Tanev coming back.

And JB not trading away any draft picks...:shock::towel: 

9 minutes ago, hearditall said:

No it's 6-3-1 in past 10. 

Horvat doing what I told u he would be doing before season start + more

Sedins are still true NHL top 6 players.

Eriksson is looking like he is a great addition to the club. 

Baercheese living up to JB's projection.

Stetcher Tryamkin - what would we do without them? THANK U JB.

Miller Markstrom solid solid goaltending.

Granlund for Hunter, another JB +

No way can this team contend tho...:wacko:

Not bad for a team that needs to tank for years & stock pile picks before they can compete & ever improve huh...:shock::towel:

PS. Hansen still coming back

Tanev coming back.

And JB not trading away any draft picks...:shock::towel: 

Humble is the best word I could use to describe you. Just a really humble guy. Congratulations on the season by the way. 

11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Humble is the best word I could use to describe you. Just a really humble guy. Congratulations on the season by the way. 

Did u not Quote hundreds off times since atleast summer that Canucks can not compete, can not score, Eriksson was a horrible signing, JB has done a suck a55 job so far, Horvat hadn't proven anything, etc., etc., etc., ?

Answer: Yes U did & more but I'll stop there unless u want to keep chatting.?:wub:

17 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

U really do enjoy the season especially if you're predictions are somewhat close to reality. :lol:

Don't worry I'm sure you'll enjoy a season sooner or later. Everyone gets lucky once in a while.... ::D

12 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Did u not Quote hundreds off times since atleast summer that Canucks can not compete, can not score, Eriksson was a horrible signing, JB has done a suck a55 job so far, Horvat hadn't proven anything, etc., etc., etc., ?

Answer: Yes U did & more but I'll stop there unless u want to keep chatting.?:wub:

- I don't like the LE signing if he wins the Art Ross. By year 4,5 and 6 he will be detrimental to our success. 

- No, I wasn't ready to call Horvat a superstar in the summer. He had 2 different seasons all in 1 the year prior. 

And as for you post earlier about tanking. I have said more than 50 times that I really don't care where we finish. I just want a talented, talent evaluator to draft. I don't like his trades. I think they are unnecessary. If different opinions offend you, look at yourself in the mirror and talk about hockey because this is no place for you. 

So your over bias opinion is paying off during a 10 game stretch in a 82 game schedule. Congratulations. I guess that makes you a hockey genius. 

I am a negative person. I can't help who I am. I have stated on multiple occasions that I think negatively out loud. With the exception of yourself most of my favourite posters on these boards are the guys I argue with. They are like a 3rd party voice of reason. 

I don't give a crap about being wrong about something I adimately argued either. If LE goes on to winning 6 scoring titles while he is here than I stand corrected. You people don't know who I am!! Why would I care?! 

Did i predatorily hunt down your posts and rub in every loss during that 9 game losing streak?! No, I didn't. Why?

1. I don't care if you even exist to be honest. Your view has absolutely no effect on the outcome of my day. I just don't care enough. 

2. Believe it or not I am a fan of this hockey team. I don't care where we finish I just wanna watch hockey. Why would I ever be happy about losing? Why would I ever be sad about winning?! It's November. I don't even care about the standings For another 3 months for Christ sake. 

If you want to hunt me down after every win and post a bunch of I told you so Bullcrap and call me names like labamby or whatever go ahead. Cause I don't give a ****

41 minutes ago, hearditall said:

U really do enjoy the season especially if you're predictions are somewhat close to reality. :lol:

Don't worry I'm sure you'll enjoy a season sooner or later. Everyone gets lucky once in a while.... ::D

What are we battling psychic's? Is this a competition of premonitions? 

I'll give you a tip about insults. 

If if you are going to insult someone.

1. Make sure it makes sense.

2. Try to make it funny

3. Be a man and drop the stupid emoji's what are you 50? Is that how 50 year olds are suppose to act? Is this part of a midlife Crisis?  Do us all a favour and buy a Corvette. I'm sure you'll tell us all about it too. Id still sooner here more about your material possessions. 

2 hours ago, EmilyM said:

Thumbs up. Burrows has absolutely played his way into his spot and deserves to stick.

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

i love that tryamkin  never really has any negative games alway on plus or even all the while clearing crease and crushing guys  lock him up long term benning 

I do not have anything original to say but feel the need to put in my 2 cents.

I continue to be impressed with Burrows and with Tryamkin. Tryamkin played a lot of minutes again tonight, including quite a bit of PK time. Am I crazy or does Tryamkin look better on the PK than Gudbranson? Tryamkin is one of the guys who has a great game if you never notice him. He takes away time and space from opposing forwards, clears the front of the net and wears down the other team.

But the big takeaway from tonight is obviously the play of  Stecher and Hutton -- and I like them together on the same pairing as we saw on the PP tonight. And of course it is nice to see Baertschi back and playing well.

Not a lot of negatives, but Miller looked a bit shaky and Guddy is still not as good we hoped and expected. Still not impressed with Larsen. The competition between Larsen and Stecher for that RD, offensive defencemen, PP quarterback spot is no contest as far as I can see.

53 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

- I don't like the LE signing if he wins the Art Ross. By year 4,5 and 6 he will be detrimental to our success. 

- No, I wasn't ready to call Horvat a superstar in the summer. He had 2 different seasons all in 1 the year prior. 

And as for you post earlier about tanking. I have said more than 50 times that I really don't care where we finish. I just want a talented, talent evaluator to draft. I don't like his trades. I think they are unnecessary. If different opinions offend you, look at yourself in the mirror and talk about hockey because this is no place for you. 

So your over bias opinion is paying off during a 10 game stretch in a 82 game schedule. Congratulations. I guess that makes you a hockey genius. 

I am a negative person. I can't help who I am. I have stated on multiple occasions that I think negatively out loud. With the exception of yourself most of my favourite posters on these boards are the guys I argue with. They are like a 3rd party voice of reason. 

I don't give a crap about being wrong about something I adimately argued either. If LE goes on to winning 6 scoring titles while he is here than I stand corrected. You people don't know who I am!! Why would I care?! 

Did i predatorily hunt down your posts and rub in every loss during that 9 game losing streak?! No, I didn't. Why?

1. I don't care if you even exist to be honest. Your view has absolutely no effect on the outcome of my day. I just don't care enough. 

2. Believe it or not I am a fan of this hockey team. I don't care where we finish I just wanna watch hockey. Why would I ever be happy about losing? Why would I ever be sad about winning?! It's November. I don't even care about the standings For another 3 months for Christ sake. 

If you want to hunt me down after every win and post a bunch of I told you so Bullcrap and call me names like labamby or whatever go ahead. Cause I don't give a ****

Gotta hand it to Labamba, you don't pull your punches. 

You have a unique prespective that takes time to understand. You come across like a troll initially, but your aren't one at all. You may be the most pessimistic fan I have met, but we can't all be Apollo. 

Keep posting and keep us optimists honest. We tend to get carried away with looking at the stars on a clear night while we are sailing straight at an iceberg. 

EW

4 hours ago, HOFsedins said:

How could you slot Rodin with Bo and Sven when Burrows has been playing so well with them? These new top 2 lines have been great. I wiuld not change that.

I'm happy that Burr is having this late career renaissance but I don't see him keeping it up to be honest. I'd at least want to try Rodin there, seeing as he is supposed to be more offensively gifted than Burrows. If Rodin doesn't work out go back to Burr with Bo and Bae. 

5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

So lets say the club starts to take form and build some confidence. If they are a playoff team towards the end of the year should they sign Boeser and play him at the end of the season?

Good question. Was thinking about this the other day. If they think they could surprise people with a run, would like them to.

53 minutes ago, appleboy said:

So lets say the club starts to take form and build some confidence. If they are a playoff team towards the end of the year should they sign Boeser and play him at the end of the season?

If at any time, whatsoever they look like they could compete in the playoffs, they should do what ever it takes, as long as it does't involve trading the future. ie prospects / top picks.... 

We've already seen that happen too often.

Archived