The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks @ Lightning, Thursday, Dec. 8th, 2016 4:30 PM Pacific Time on SNV

Qwags

1 hour ago, PLOGUE said:

Tampa's speed will eat up the Canucks in this one.  4-1 Tampa.  Megna will end the game with more ice time than Horvat.  Reason given will be to get Ericksson going...again.

Willie loves his AHL guys....maybe he should coach there? LMAO.

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

pretty sure it's not from a drug problem. probably just caught him at the wrong moment. pictures and angles have a funny way of capturing some really odd moments. such as this one, for Loui. 

True, I wouldn't pass judgement based on that picture alone (well, I wouldn't really "pass judgement" anyway - we pretty much all do drugs to some degree), I'm just curious as to why he isn't playing all that well and that picture got me thinking...  GCG!

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Willie loves his AHL guys....maybe he should coach there? LMAO.

I don't get it, half of CDC complains that Willie doesn't play the young guys enough and the other half complains that "he loves his AHL guys" (and I assume that means that he's playing them too much).  I guess that's par for the CDC course, damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Let's just get behind our team and try to support them through this transition period.  Willie and co. are just doing what they think will be the best chance of winning, and I want to support that (I don't agree with all his decisions but then again, I'm not the coach).  We could do with a little more positivity and support for our team around here.  GCG!

12 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I don't get it, half of CDC complains that Willie doesn't play the young guys enough and the other half complains that "he loves his AHL guys" (and I assume that means you think that he's playing them too much).  I guess that's par for the CDC course, damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Let's just get behind our team and try to support them through this transition period.  Willie and co. are just doing what they think will be the best chance of winning, and I want to support that (I don't agree with all his decisions but then again, I'm not the coach).  We could do with a little more positivity and support for our team around here.  GCG!

It is because half of he fans think we are competing for the playoffs and the other half think we are in a rebuild.

12 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Lol. Lost to many in the Larsen incident was Willie playing Megna for 1:18 of the final 2 minutes when down by a goal. Burrows also only had 1 shift in the final 7 minutes. Willie is a legend at exploding minds. 

He MUST go. 

14 minutes ago, appleboy said:

It is because half of he fans think we are competing for the playoffs and the other half think we are in a rebuild.

Yeah, and that is because the stupid melodramatic hyperbole of the media says that a team can only be in one of two modes (Stanley cup contention or full blown rebuild) and nothing else.  Well, even if people don't like it, the Canucks are openly, deliberately and consistently following another strategy, namely trying to win now and improve in the future.  The results aren't in yet.  The problem is that people aren't only too impatient to wait for the results, they can't even accept that that is an intentional strategy, and maybe even a good one (maybe not too but like I said the results aren't in yet).  And not only that, it's not even people's real opinions, they are just parroting what the narrow-minded hyperbolic media is saying.  And all the continual negativity is getting tiring.  GCG!

1 minute ago, nux_win said:

Yeah, and that is because the stupid melodramatic hyperbole of the media says that a team can only be in one of two modes (Stanley cup contention or full blown rebuild) and nothing else.  Well, even if people don't like it, the Canucks are openly, deliberately and consistently following another strategy, namely trying to win now and improve in the future.  The results aren't in yet.  The problem is that people aren't only too impatient to wait for the results, they can't even accept that that is an intentional strategy, and maybe even a good one (maybe not too but like I said the results aren't in yet).  And not only that, it's not even people's real opinions, they are just parroting what the narrow-minded hyperbolic media is saying.  And all the continual negativity is getting tiring.  GCG!

All true and both can work. I think you are wrong when you say that there is no results yet.

We are seeing our defense take shape in a big way and if people stand back and take a realistic look they will see what it could be. We have solid goal tending at the NHL level but also have depth and maybe the makings of a real star at that position.

Boeser, Virtanen, Gaudett , Juolevi , Brisebois and Lookwood give us future potential.

Benning and Linden have done that in 3 years. On team 1040 Button was saying that the us hockey system is starting to produce and being watched closer. It is interesting that Benning pulled three players out of there. When he picked Boeser most people said who?

Most fans don't want to wait but they will all jump back on the wagon once things improve.

Lets just hope ownership is patient.

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

Which is because depending on who you listen to in management, both are goals of this organization and neither looks like it is happening.

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

Great insightful post bud. Too insightful for most on these boards unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Which is because depending on who you listen to in management, both are goals of this organization and neither looks like it is happening.

The 'media' are really starting to chime in now,on the 'win now' while rebuilding strategy...Its painfully obvious, after 25 games in, that this team is not a playoff contender..In the next month or so,hard decisions are going to have to be made...

Archived