The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

I'd keep him out until after Christmas. Maybe send him on a 2 game conditioning stint in Utica first and by then he should be 100 percent good to go. I can see the shortened seasoned benefiting him too considering it will be what he's used to. At that point he's pretty much just playing for a NHL contract next season and hopefully tears it up. 

On 2016-11-25 at 8:55 AM, alfstonker said:

I'm excited to see what difference Rodin makes to our team.

We could use a sniper to finish off some of the many chances we are making - although we seemed to have picked up a bit in that area (17 goals in the last 5 games - not too shoddy)

Will he even play at all this year?  He's not even skating yet, is he?

1 minute ago, firestorm238 said:

Rodin-Horvat-Hansen is a pretty effective line on paper.  Nice combo of speed, grit, finish, and two-way ability. 

Sedin, Sedin, Sutter

Rodin, Horvat, Hansen

Baer, Granlund, Erkisson

Burr, Gaunce, Dorsett

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, firestorm238 said:

Rodin-Horvat-Hansen is a pretty effective line on paper.  Nice combo of speed, grit, finish, and two-way ability. 

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Sedin, Sedin, Sutter

Rodin, Horvat, Hansen

Baer, Granlund, Erkisson

Burr, Gaunce, Dorsett

Why break up Baer, Bo, Burr?

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why break up Baer, Bo, Burr?

I don't like Baer and Bo together particularly. They're like a broken clock. Works twice a day, the rest of the time... 

Hansen is like Burr but better and faster.

13 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I don't like Baer and Bo together particularly. They're like a broken clock. Works twice a day, the rest of the time... 

Hansen is like Burr but better and faster.

Also Granlund and Baertschi have prior history in Calgary and seemed very comfortable together in the preseason.  I think Sven would benefit more from playing with the puck more, as Bo usually likes to drive the offense himself.  Sven likes to do the same.

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Also Granlund and Baertschi have prior history in Calgary and seemed very comfortable together in the preseason.  I think Sven would benefit more from playing with the puck more, as Bo usually likes to drive the offense himself.  Sven likes to do the same.

I'd also give that Baer, Granlund, Eriksson line predominately ozone starts and lesser QOC. Feed them easy minutes and let them have some fun. Horvat's line can take on harder matchups and still produce and the twins can play against other top lines. 4th line gets clean up.

• Upvote 1

Just now, J.R. said:

I'd also give that Baer, Granlund, Eriksson line predominately ozone starts and lesser QOC. Feed them easy minutes and let them have some fun. Horvat's line can take on harder matchups and still produce and the twins can play against other top lines. 4th line gets clean up.

When people are finally healthy, would be nice to see Gaunce get some regular minutes too and have some stability with more experienced wingers.  I think there is more for him to give, just needs some more icetime

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

When people are finally healthy, would be nice to see Gaunce get some regular minutes too and have some stability with more experienced wingers.  I think there is more for him to give, just needs some more icetime

That's the nice thing with that 4th line. They're good enough to get secondary d-zone starts, PK time etc.