The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) The Score All Star Roster Projections

Beary Sweet

44 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

you arent condoning Stetcher as an all star are you...he is a rookie learning his way and is playing okay...but an all star is a real reach...he may be..just not yet.

i think that you're right. I just feel that Stecher is heading towards that direction though. if that wasn't the case, my honourable mention would be Sbisa and/or Miller/Marky

43 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I miss the days where it was just Eastern All-Stars vs. Western All-Stars, I really enjoyed the All-Star game when it was like that. 3 on 3 All-Star is still entertaining...

The All-Star Game used to get played with some passion but I haven't seen one of those in at least 20 years.  Sometimes the old ways are best.

3 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

If not Bo (who really shod be it, tbh) I'd say Miller or Marky just because they're the ones who have kept us in it most nights. Bo's our really star though. 

i agree about miller, he has been the best canuck this year

marky is not all star worthy yet. he has had some soft games

but bo is the easiest choice

since there are more forwards selected than goalies

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

you arent condoning Stetcher as an all star are you...he is a rookie learning his way and is playing okay...but an all star is a real reach...he may be..just not yet.

No, I definitely wouldn't call Stetcher an All Star yet either. I just didn't think someone saying Stetcher is an honorable mention was worth the level of vitriol it received.

5 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

No, I definitely wouldn't call Stetcher an All Star yet either. I just didn't think someone saying Stetcher is an honorable mention was worth the level of vitriol it received.

Fixed the OP for you all to clear it all up. I voted Sbisa and Miller/Marky as honourable mentions :P:)

3 hours ago, Aircool said:

Had to give you a thumbs down OP. You clearly don't understand what an all-star is. Don't even talk about Stecher in such a way... It's because of people who think in dumb ways like this that sports voting has gone to crap. Mike Trout losing to Miguel Cabrera, because he was too young to win an MVP, LeBron James never wins the MVP, but we all know who the MVP is every year. Same thing happened to Jordan. All-stars are the players having the best season in the sport, which still gets screwed up by voters who would put Derek Jeter into the all-star game when he isn't even a Top-5 shortstop at that point in his career, just because it's Jeter. Now I have respect for the successful veterans in any sport, but we have enough problems with sports voting as it is, I hadn't even mentioned hall of fame voting yet... The last thing we need is people talking about consolation votes for rookies who don't suck, but aren't good.

I know you weren't suggesting that he was all-star quality, but c'mon, wtf is going through your head?

i don't know why this post is so heavily criticized

it is well thought out and actually credible

i get why the quasi troll posts are neg rep'd but this is not one of them

his criticism is indirectly about a popular young canuck player. .but he does not actually criticise that player

but comments made about the player

his criticism regarding how voting is happening

could be equally applied to this site

where unpopular but accurate commentary

is too easily denigrated

yet soft ball lops about popular themes are roundly praised

too often too simplistic

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

I miss the days where it was just Eastern All-Stars vs. Western All-Stars, I really enjoyed the All-Star game when it was like that. 3 on 3 All-Star is still entertaining...

As every team has at least one representative, I would like to see it go East Conference versus West Conference with each tem on the winning side picking up a point in the standings.  It's not a huge carrot, but it might make the game actually resemble hockey instead of a make-up game of shinny on the local pond.

20 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

As every team has at least one representative, I would like to see it go East Conference versus West Conference with each tem on the winning side picking up a point in the standings.  It's not a huge carrot, but it might make the game actually resemble hockey instead of a make-up game of shinny on the local pond.

Interesting idea, it would make the All-Star game much more competitive and much more entertaining for us fans.

I suppose I should really clarify why I wrote that post in the first place, for anyone who will still care. I wrote that post for the simple reason that I could never at any point even type the words, like it would never occur to me, to type the words all-star in a sentence with Troy Stecher. I don't even see "future all-star" in his future personally, but I won't discount the possibility. So I wrote the post because when people try to start fabricating/justifying what are essentially just ridiculous ideas that aren't grounded in reality, you get the crap you get in sports voting. Where LeBron wasn't the first unanimous MVP, because Carmelo Anthony had to get a vote. Like Melo? Really? If you are capable of stating something, to some extent you believe it's realistic... And when you let people argue positions that literally have no merit, you allow them the opportunity to get away with highway robbery, where simple ridicule would have prevented it.

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

If all the teams in a conference pick up a point no one benefits in the standings...

25 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

To be fair, I thought his name was Stretcher for a good long while after we signed him.

You, the guy who continually calls poster's reading comprehension into question, didn't bother to actually read his name? I mean his name is spelled "Stecher" and all, did you misread it, or is his name so similar to "stretcher" you couldn't comprehend the difference?

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You, the guy who continually calls poster's reading comprehension into question, didn't bother to actually read his name? I mean his name is spelled "Stecher" and all, did you misread it, or is his name so similar to "stretcher" you couldn't comprehend the difference?

Touche. That was actually a joke but I did pretty much leave myself wide open to that one. It would have been better if I had gone with "His name isn't Stretcher!?"

Archived