The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Devils @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"No. Rodin is the guy I'll give the first try to. I want to see where he's at." - Desjardins on Reid Boucher nearing gameplay

Wtf willie! So boucher has to wait until rodin is healthy before he even gets a chance? 

Come on willie use your head

15 minutes ago, cabinessence said:

Just a disheartening interview. Also sad that he won't get called on it, just an uh huh, ok, allright. Then the "journalists" will criticize him when he's not there.

Called Price out on it and he got whiny....thinks he's some hard hitting journalist and not house radio.

WD says he still thinks their PP is doing fine and will keep going with the current formation. I must say he's beyond delusional.

Ffs their pp is running at measly 12%. Basically the other team diesn't have to do anything on PK, other than letting Hank keep the puck and run the clock. They know where the puck will be going even before it happens. Close the passing lane to Danny and the point man and the opposing team has nothing to worry about.

Oh and Megna is an excellent one-man PK force by himself on the 2nd unit. No other nhl coach in his right mind will have megna within 100 ft of his team's PP.

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

WD says he still thinks their PP is doing fine and will keep going with the current formation. I must say he's beyond delusional.

Ffs their pp is running at measly 12%. Basically the other team diesn't have to do anything on PK, other than letting Hank keep the puck and run the clock. They know where the puck will be going even before it happens. Close the passing lane to Danny and the point man and the opposing team has nothing to worry about.

Oh and Megna is an excellent one-man PK force by himself on the 2nd unit. No other nhl coach in his right mind will have megna within 100 ft of his team's PP.

Honestly Willie might be the only coach in this league who's satisfied with one of the worst/least creative powerplays...

33 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

no. no it wasn't, and anyone who thinks that was a "good effort" is insane. it's the same story we're seeing throughout this whole season

>we're up/down by one, "its ok, we got this."

>game's almost over "ok, we can still make it to overtime, it's fine"

>lose in OT: "i thought we played well..."  just stop.

They play hard every game, that's why we've won the games that we've won at this point, we just suck, as in lack skill. If we had better players putting in the exact  same level of effort every game, we'd be a contender.

53 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Once you're in OT it's rock, paper, scissors who wins. We weren't good enough tonight though." - Henrik

Henrik is almost starting to tarnish his legacy with some of his quotes lately.

Didn't catch the game today because of the epic football game between the Pack and Cowboys. Loui clearly scored and the refs had to review it even though it was clearly a goal.. stupid dumb refs. Based on some of the comments on here, Megna continues to get the Willie treatment and gets ice time while contributing very little. Some positives I've read so far is that the Sedins looked okay tonight, Marky looked solid but I don't know why some posters are complaining about the OT goal he allowed. He made 20 saves so not that bad. Also we got a point out of it and that's what matters most. Better than nothing. Will probably catch their next game vs the Preds. GCG!

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Don't see him as a 4th liner. If there's an injury on the top 3 lines, that's his chance to play, cause it's his best fit." - Desjardins on Rodin

At least he's consistent. The only change comes when someone gets injured. Our coach doesn't coach. 

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Don't see him as a 4th liner. If there's an injury on the top 3 lines, that's his chance to play, cause it's his best fit." - Desjardins on Rodin

Which is exactly why

Megna's TOI = 17:15

D. Sedin's TOI = 17:12

ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃ

Archived