The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) what to do with hansen and sbisa

Expansion draft looming at the end of the season and it's pretty obvious Hansen or sbisa will not be on this team anymore, that's obvious. 

Maguire from tsn has said that contenders will be more open to moving their 1st round pick this year because of the weakness of this draft. I agree cuz this year's first round is like the 2nd round of any other year.

Out of sbisa and Hansen both have played well this season and both can handle large and short minutes. 

Hansen is more valuable tho and teams like chicago, L.A., montreal, ottawa, Washington Minnesota and st Louis could all use scoring help.

I suggest trading him at the deadline for a first. Some if u may question that but I do think that his contract and his versatility makes him worth a 1st.

To canucks 

Late 1st

To playoff team 

Hansen 

Id suggest trading sbisa to a team that needs defence Like boston.

To canucks 

Anders Bjork (Google him) 

Anders Bjork is pretty good, I've been keeping up with his games and he looks good. 

To boston 

Sbisa 

And id also try to get a Miller deal done to L.A.

TO CANUCKS 

(late 1ST) but probably 2nd or 3rd 

To L.A. 

Miller 

And in off season canucks NEED TO SIGN 

ZACH ASTON REESE 

next year's potential lines 

Baertschi(47) horvat(53) boeser(42)

Sedins(22+33) Eriksson(21)

Granlund(60) Sutter(20) virtanen(18)

Bjork(38) gaudette(45) Aston-Reese(12) (what a beautiful 4th line)

Edler stecher 

Tryamkin Tanev 

Hutton Gudbranson 

Marky 

4th could outscore the 3rd line and maybe 2nd if they slump again 

Virtanen had a chubby summer gaining fat not muscle but he's really slimmed down and he's 210 now. 

Draft Well with 2 1st round picks and 2 2nds

Maybe Hague,Foote, comtois, glass, strome or popugaev

Team has a nice future while not getting any worse plus a lot of under 25 players that will bring excitement for new season

Lost: 

Hansen 

Sbisa 

Miller 

Skille 

Megna (-_-)

Chaput 

Gain: 

Zach Aston-Reese 

Boeser 

Bjork 

Gaudette 

1st

2nd 

Hansen has openly said, he likes it here...he has an NTC and Benning has said he's not talking anyone out of them. So, if no one comes through with an offer that blows the team away...AND Hansen agrees, then he's here for awhile. Is he worth a 1st? Maybe, to the right team and after that team knows their direct competition wants him also. Otherwise no.

Sbisa...ok I see trading him, and even agree with it. He's superfluous to the team right now, and holding up the promotion of others. Since he's got a contract that has turned out to be just a little excessive, instead of downright criminal...and he's improved, then maybe a low 2nd from a team that is right on the cusp and needs to improve their 5-6 defenseman.

Begs the question, what would these two fetch in a package, especially if you kept sweetening?

Mtl, for example:

-Take back the expiring Desharnais contract (3.5 mill AAV)

-Retain a mill on either Jannik, or Luca

If sweetened enough, perhaps you can get in on a Juulsen & Scherbak package? I don't pretend to know precise valuations(Qwijbo will show up surely, to bring this to my attn!); but we should swing for the fences, perhaps helping another team in 3 or 4 ways.

3 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

Hansen has openly said, he likes it here...he has an NTC and Benning has said he's not talking anyone out of them. So, if no one comes through with an offer that blows the team away...AND Hansen agrees, then he's here for awhile. Is he worth a 1st? Maybe, to the right team and after that team knows their direct competition wants him also. Otherwise no.

Sbisa...ok I see trading him, and even agree with it. He's superfluous to the team right now, and holding up the promotion of others. Since he's got a contract that has turned out to be just a little excessive, instead of downright criminal...and he's improved, then maybe a low 2nd from a team that is right on the cusp and needs to improve their 5-6 defenseman.

Trevor linden himself in a new interview was talking about sbisa and Hansen and how they were probably the odd men out bcuz he wants to protect Baertschi and Granlund. But I like ur comment because it sheds light on things I didn't go into much detail with.

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Begs the question, what would these two fetch in a package, especially if you kept sweetening?

Mtl, for example:

-Take back the expiring Desharnais contract (3.5 mill AAV)

-Retain a mill on either Jannik, or Luca

If sweetened enough, perhaps you can get in on a Juulsen & Scherbak package? I don't pretend to know precise valuations(Qwijbo will show up surely, to bring this to my attn!); but we should swing for the fences, perhaps helping another team in 3 or 4 ways.

I like the way u think B)

5 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

Hansen has openly said, he likes it here...he has an NTC and Benning has said he's not talking anyone out of them.

Just a reminder that Hansen has a modified NTC (must give a list of 8 teams). Someone else mentioned it on Twitter yesterday and I concur that Benning could avoid being called a liar while still trading Hansen as moving Hansen to one of the teams on his list is not having him waive his NTC, it simply complies with its terms. 

I'm really hoping that is the way Benning sees it because if we lose Hansen this off-season with no return (like Hamhuis and Vrbata), I'm going to really questioning our managements competency when it comes to asset management.

4 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Just a reminder that Hansen has a modified NTC (must give a list of 8 teams). Someone else mentioned it on Twitter yesterday and I concur that Benning could avoid being called a liar while still trading Hansen as moving Hansen to one of the teams on his list is not having him waive his NTC, it simply complies with its terms. 

I'm really hoping that is the way Benning sees it because if we lose Hansen this off-season with no return (like Hamhuis and Vrbata), I'm going to really questioning our managements competency when it comes to asset management.

He has to ask him for the list.  This is Hansen's understanding:  “It’s nice that you don’t have to speculate as to whether they’re going to come in five days or five weeks to ask you for a list of (trade) teams.”

4 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Exactly!! We can't afford to give pieces away. Sbisa and Hansen have good trade value right now. 

34 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

Same but linden said himself that it would suck to lose a young player. And when asked about sbisa and Hansen it seemed as if he was agreeing they were the odd men out 

They probably are. Once management decides who they are going to expose, then those guys are going to have to decide if they want to risk going to Vegas, which is going to be very bad for a while, or to a contender. Pretty sure they will pick contender. I don't think we can get 3 1st round picks in any draft year for these guys but I'd be happy with 1 and some lower rounds. 

hansen at deadline will be worth more than a 1st  make teams overpay  i say he gets a decent prospect and a late first.

edler wont waive his ntc so tanev or sbisa to higest bidder id rather trade tanev because he brings no offense. 

hansen to caps  for 1st and a decent prospect 

tanev  to blues for  shattenkirk and a 2nd conditional that he signs extension

sbisa to  leafs for a 2nd and 3rd 

burrows to habs for a 3rd and b level prospect 

miller to ducks for 2nd  

plus our 1st 2nd and jackets 2nd 

2 firsts, 5 seconds, 2 thirds plenty of fresh prospects for benning to grab

protect sedin sedin granlund baertchi erikkson sutter horvat  edler shattenkirk guddy marky 

team next yr

baertchi horvat eriksson

sedin sutter boeser

virtanen sedin granlund

gaunce  ____   ______

______

edler shattenkirk

juolevi gudbranson

hutton tryamkin

stecher  

markstrom 

_____

we keep getting younger  and get more offensive dcorp 

could resign miller burrows july first   to cheap last contracts  if not  plenty of players available in free agency. 

benning gets a ton of picks to find draft gems 

exposed  dorsett, biega, larsen, gaunce, 

3 hours ago, Fateless said:

I'm still speechless that we lost Hamhuis for nothing

With the prices D-men go for at the deadline and what a solid all-around play in any situation player he is, that was a first rounder down the toilet.

And don't give me the NTC BS if he knew he wasn't coming back and had plenty of notice then he would have gone, Vrbata could have been a 2nd, The pens would have taken him and Hamhuis together I think for a solid return

All assets down the crapper

3 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

I'm still speechless that we lost Hamhuis for nothing

With the prices D-men go for at the deadline and what a solid all-around play in any situation player he is, that was a first rounder down the toilet.

And don't give me the NTC BS if he knew he wasn't coming back and had plenty of notice then he would have gone, Vrbata could have been a 2nd, The pens would have taken him and Hamhuis together I think for a solid return

All assets down the crapper

I think we are going to be disappointed at the TDL again.  But it's going to be a double disappointment when Sbisa is selected by Vegas, and we look back knowing JB missed on getting value for another lost asset.

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

hansen at deadline will be worth more than a 1st  make teams overpay  i say he gets a decent prospect and a late first.

edler wont waive his ntc so tanev or sbisa to higest bidder id rather trade tanev because he brings no offense. 

hansen to caps  for 1st and a decent prospect 

tanev  to blues for  shattenkirk and a 2nd conditional that he signs extension

sbisa to  leafs for a 2nd and 3rd 

burrows to habs for a 3rd and b level prospect 

miller to ducks for 2nd  

plus our 1st 2nd and jackets 2nd 

2 firsts, 5 seconds, 2 thirds plenty of fresh prospects for benning to grab

protect sedin sedin granlund baertchi erikkson sutter horvat  edler shattenkirk guddy marky 

team next yr

baertchi horvat eriksson

sedin sutter boeser

virtanen sedin granlund

gaunce  ____   ______

______

edler shattenkirk

juolevi gudbranson

hutton tryamkin

stecher  

markstrom 

_____

we keep getting younger  and get more offensive dcorp 

could resign miller burrows july first   to cheap last contracts  if not  plenty of players available in free agency. 

benning gets a ton of picks to find draft gems 

exposed  dorsett, biega, larsen, gaunce, 

Burrows and Miller both add a LOT to the team so far as character is concerned. That's a term that gets thrown around a lot, but when the going gets tough, it;'s Burrows who butt ends the guy who cheap shots our star, it's Miller charging into the scuffle with a guy twice his size when our rookie D man is being pushed around.

Funny after all this time the biggest physical deterrent on our team is probably Burrows, players would be nervous to take a cheap shot at our stars with him in the game, simply because they know he's a guy that will hurt them if need be, there aren't many guys left in the league like that. None of those guys are afraid to fight anyone, that isn't a deterrent, but they don't want their knee torn up from a slew foot or wrist broken from a slash, and Burrows is one of the few guys left that will go there, as we saw in the Leafs game, that actually does scare other players.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we are going to be disappointed at the TDL again.  But it's going to be a double disappointment when Sbisa is selected by Vegas, and we look back knowing JB missed on getting value for another lost asset.

I don't know, some other poster said something about "We might get lucky and they'll take Dorsett"

Expansion teams need fighters, they bond with the crowd and are instantly the most popular players, Dorsett has that small guy big heart storyline going that new fans can instantly pick up on and get behind.

I'm really thinking that by the time they get to us it might be Dorsett who goes,

Or Benning could do the right thing and leave Gudbransson unprotected, apparently he wasn't a raise next year, but doesn't feel like he should learn to play hockey first. That's instant trade repellant, he isn't going to help us, and he'll have to be qualified at more than he currently makes wasting both a roster spot and cap space on a guy who looks like he should be a Norris winner but then the whistle blows and you realize he has no idea what he's doing

ive said the same. both should be moved

sbisa doesnt have a ntc so he fits the bill to deal at the deadline. send him away for a pick

hansen. ntc says he can submit an 8 team list to trade to and benning said that stuff to protect his players from the media.

SO benning didnt say he isnt going to ask a player for his OK list. trading hansen to one of his 8 teams would not be asking him to waive his ntc, trading him to the other 22 teams who require him to waive his ntc

also benning could go to miller, burrows, hansen and be like "hey man, we know what we said and were not asking you to waive BUT if you want to win a cup or a change just come to us and we'll make that happen"

no, im not a lawyer. im just that good. ;)

Archived