The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jameson Bennington the Third on TSN 1040 Feb. 16th

Ossi Vaananen

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

really? what happens to hansen, then? taken in the vegas expansion draft? 

i think miler, if we can get a good return for him, needs to be moved. losing a UFA for nothing (if he doesn't come back) is poor asset management. 

I don't mind Tanev moving as long as we can get a good young piece in return and a draft pick. 

they might also be willing to use Hansen as protection for Gaunce.  Hansen is my fave Canucks, but he's nearing the end of his career, I think I'd rather see Gaunce stay.

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

a GM is going to want Burr and Hansen, and maybe Miller. We can get some pretty good returns on those vets. 

Hoping Burr comes back after a playoff run (maybe with a Stanley Cup ring?). And I'd love to have Hansen return the year after. 

It's business, nothing personal. I'll miss Burr and Hansen, but if this team is going to be competitive, we got to begin to get some returns for our vets who are, at this season and stage of their careers, are playing fairly well. It'll help with the rebuilding process. 

I certainly hope another GM wants some interest. Judging by Burrows' comments it sounds like he'd be open to a trade, assuming it's a team he wants to go to. A resign of 1 year afterwards for us at a 1.5-2m cap would be fine by me. He's a great leader for the young guys imo. Miller is in the same boat for me.

Hansen would be a lot tougher because he's got another year to go, andI figure there's gotta be a pretty good chance LV would snap him up if we keep him and leave him unprotected. 

2 minutes ago, Iced Canucks said:

Out of losing Baertschi, Granlund or Hansen from the expansion draft I would rather keep the first two! Getting something (anything) at the deadline for him is vital for Benning, can't lose assets for anything again and let history repeat itself. 

I've decided not to get my hopes up, like I did the previous two deadlines.  This time I fully expect JB (again) does nothing.

4 hours ago, stawns said:

they might also be willing to use Hansen as protection for Gaunce.  Hansen is my fave Canucks, but he's nearing the end of his career, I think I'd rather see Gaunce stay.

I disagree with this whole post...If we move Hansen it is not to protect Gaunce.  The 5-6 years of good hockey the Honey Badger has left in him is more valuable than the rest of Gauncer's career god bless his soul.

On 2/16/2017 at 1:36 PM, Iced Canucks said:

These conversations better be happening soon, can't make the same mistake twice! 

Do you really think based on his statements that this deadline will be anything other than a massive disaster? 

I'm calling it now, the deadline will be a massive disappointments coupled with lame excuses at best and an absolute "WTF have you done!" at worst

Prepare yourself 

Surplus of wingers!?!?!?!? WTF!?!?!?! We don't need any more goddamn middling wingers 

9 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

His phase in NHL as GM

first arrives does trades as fast as he can (nerves an makes impression)

second : gets calm cool an collective-results ; losing out on TDL days with his cool hardline, we get nothing

third phase I believe is failed an desperation not extension of contract because his plan has failed? No one is willing to play footies with Jim on his assets .

phase 4  gone.

Can we skip to phase #4 now please?

17 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Bennings in Sweden scouting again? Reminds me of our 2015 first round series vs Calgary when Benning isnt even watching the playoffs and went to scouting. At first I thought ok, Benning is confident and we'll win easily. And then we went ahead to lose 2-4 to the Flames. There is a position available for Benning, it's called the head scout. 

So if here, Benning would have laced up and taken out Ferklund?

Benning scouting Europe is likely what secured us Jasek and Zhukenov.

Miller sounds very interested in re-signing.  I think the Canucks are leaning that was as well, as I'm not convinced they believe Markstrom is ready to take the #1 burden next season.  Unless they suddenly change course and go full-on sell mode, I don't think they move Miller.  Every indication is that they're sticking with the plan and timeframe, and having solid goaltending is a key aspect of it.

On 2/17/2017 at 5:23 PM, Davathor said:

No kidding. The 5 games leading into the TDL shouldn't be the difference between being a buyer or seller... Christ, if it's 5 games before TDL and you aren't sure, THAT MEANS YOURE A SELLER.

SELL SELL SELLL

A good GM should have known he was a seller before this season even started.

I got to thinking. I know we need to get another forward in this years draft, but a Juolevi - Liljregn combo could one day be the best, if not top 5 or so, best D pairings in the league for a long, long time... If he falls to us, wherever we are, that is something that is hard to pass up.

Still, Horvat needs a forward, preferably a center to bounce off of. Go BPA, and we'll be alright. 

Just spitballing but if we had Juolevi Lilgregn, I would trade Hutton, a future 1st, etc for a Duchene.

Juolevi - Liljeregn

Tyramkin - Stecher

As the future core but with an added Duchene, we could be in a good spot.

22 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Miller sounds very interested in re-signing.  I think the Canucks are leaning that was as well, as I'm not convinced they believe Markstrom is ready to take the #1 burden next season.  Unless they suddenly change course and go full-on sell mode, I don't think they move Miller.  Every indication is that they're sticking with the plan and timeframe, and having solid goaltending is a key aspect of it.

Makes me wonder if they will flog Markstrom and keep Miller.

23 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

I have come to realize the way I feel about J.B's GM performance is exactly the way I felt about Nonis.

I remember being happy that Nonis didn't trade away our youth for rentals at the deadline. I don't think you can compare JB's teams to Nonis' because they were at different places in their team's development. 

Archived