The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jameson Bennington the Third on TSN 1040 Feb. 16th

Ossi Vaananen

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

Exactly.We were a 101 point team in the 2014 /15 season but many in here still complain that GMJB let UFA's walk.

We were NOT a contender, as evidenced by our quick playoff exit.  We missed out on the friggin McDavid / Eichel lottery, because of false hope.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We were NOT a contender, as evidenced by our quick playoff exit.  We missed out on the friggin McDavid / Eichel lottery, because of false hope.

So you are saying any team that has a quick playoff exit is not a contender? I guess Chicago should have been big sellers at the last deadline then. Stupid Bowmann.

After last nights loss odd of making the playoffs down to 2.6.

bennings a fool.again just like the last two tdls

Franchise worst gm 

worst-  Keenan 

runners up-  nonis tied with blundering benning.

Benning is by far the most incompetent gm currently employed in the NHL.

On 2/16/2017 at 1:31 PM, Down by the River said:

Benning: We've got five more games until the deadline. So we still have time to see where we're at going into the deadline

Honestly he should know that a five game subsample isn't going to be a good indication of where the team is at. The team has not improved their points percentage from last year (even though I've personally enjoyed this season more than last).

There seems to be zero upside to waiting five more games. The consequence is being late on trades and teams look elsewhere to make a deal or not having enough time to negotiate and potentially rushing a trade or missing out on one altogether.

I couldn't agree more.....

Benning pretty much said "there are a lot of team still in the playoff mix"..........My Thought is.....all wanting to up grade so they have the best chance of getting into those playoffs.....to me that means more buyers. 

Benning needs to take a math lesson!

21 hours ago, Nathancanuck said:

But then we lose one of Sbisa, Edler, Gudbranson, Tanev to Vegas.

It makes no sense to trade Hansen unless we are also trading a Dman and vice versa!

The Dman and forward we are going to expose have about similar value, so if we only trade 

one, Vegas will take the other one..

Also a lot of people say teams don't want guys who need protection. I think this is not true.

If we could acquire a top 6 winger who needs to be protected, then we expose Hansen and Granlund..

The point is that no matter how many players you leave unprotected, Vegas can only select one!

So for us, it wouldn't make a huge difference if we expose Granlund and Hansen and Baertschi

or just one of them..

In a perfect world we trade Edler+Hansen for picks and prospects and are able to protect all our valuable

young assets... 

Exactly, if JB acquires a player that improves our forward group thru trade, then he will still have to expose a player or two...the important point here is that JB improves our forward group.

8 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I couldn't agree more.....

Benning pretty much said "there are a lot of team still in the playoff mix"..........My Thought is.....all wanting to up grade so they have the best chance of getting into those playoffs.....to me that means more buyers. 

Benning needs to take a math lesson!

Benning said "It's a sellers market for sure because teams are waiting till the last minute to determine if they are buyers or sellers". So your assumption that there are more buyers would seem to be in agreement with Benning's assessment....would it not?

7 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Benning said "It's a sellers market for sure because teams are waiting till the last minute to determine if they are buyers or sellers". So your assumption that there are more buyers would seem to be in agreement with Benning's assessment....would it not?

Hey Rick....maybe I wasn't clear.........let us just say today there are 12 bubble teams today.....we let 3 more games get played and it is a little more clear, and there are only 6 teams that are fighting for the playoffs spots......I see it that teams would want to add earlier, so as to use that acquired player for a longer time, hence having more chance of getting points and getting into the playoffs........I personally don't like reducing my sellers list, before I sell!

18 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Is this the truth or the just the pr line tho? Perhaps JB is crazy like a fox and is finally trying to negotiate from a position of strength. A fan can hope.

I kinda feel like this is the year where JB makes some calculated moves and we may see players we weren't expecting to be traded moved. 

JB will make a trade and throw in a pick for extra measure...just like he stated he wants to get younger, faster, stronger, then goes and signs LE for 6x6.

I listened to the interview. Only thing of note is JB has a surplus of Dmen and he's looking for a winger. This tells me one of the top 4 Dmen is on way out for a skilled top 6 young forward. Exciting. 

Maybe Tanev for a top tier young forward. It would be great if he could pull that off. 

11 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Eriksson has a nmc. We are forced to protect him and the twins. 

Would have to ask LE to wave the NMC...LV will not take LE with the albatross contract...which allows Nucks to protect another player and not LE.

JB would have to convince LE to wave...why would LE wave?...wishful thinking on my part...

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

Botch and his toady Arndt (along with the rest of their ilk) are having a smarmy comment field day on this.  

I'm actually confident JB makes some decent moves this TDL... comments from both management and players seem to point to some moves.  

Players get it - JB promised to not ask them to waive but there was always the unwritten caveat that they would have to keep themselves in the hunt.  With their current situation all bets are off.

Parasites gonna parasite.

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

LE is younger, faster, stronger?

We didn't give up anything in a trade to get him. He's not taking up a roster spot that a young gun could fill.

We let go of vrbata to sign him

Eriksson is younger

Speed is about the same

Eriksson is Definitely stronger

Even if he wasn't.  This is a general direction we're heading in. Not every move has to be younger faster stronger. Jagr isn't young fast and strong but I think a straight swap him for gauge would benefit us don't you think?

Virtanen is younger faster stronger than hansen... would waiving hansen for virtanen be a smart move?

Use your &^@#ing brain man stop being so dense. 

Archived