The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jameson Bennington the Third on TSN 1040 Feb. 16th

Ossi Vaananen

7 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

Although I do agree, trading Tanev leaves us thin on the right side. Not sure how management could go about filling that void and still move him.

Tanev could play an entire season with no stick and nobody would even notice. The side he shoots on or plays is irrelevant. 

27 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

Although I do agree, trading Tanev leaves us thin on the right side. Not sure how management could go about filling that void and still move him.

It will this year for sure, but We still have Gudbranson, Stecher and both Sbisa and Tryamkin can easily play on thier off side,  Tryamkin is currently doing that paired up with hutton

Just now, LaBamba said:

Tanev could play an entire season with no stick and nobody would even notice. The side he shoots on or plays is irrelevant. 

True. Unfortunately, you'd lose that kind of guy and leave a Biega or AHLarsen in his spot... That was my question, who replaces that steady defender? Unless you're suggesting we just ship him out for the best return and retool in the offseason? 

15 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

True. Unfortunately, you'd lose that kind of guy and leave a Biega or AHLarsen in his spot... That was my question, who replaces that steady defender? Unless you're suggesting we just ship him out for the best return and retool in the offseason? 

This year is a loss anyway, finding a replacement this year doesn't' really matter since we aren't going to make playoffs.  Next season we get a healthy Guddy back into the line up

Edler Stecher

Sbisa Gudbranson

Hutton Tryamkin

22 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

This year is a loss anyway, finding a replacement this year doesn't' really matter since we aren't going to make playoffs.  Next season we get a healthy Guddy back into the line up

Edler Stecher

Sbisa Gudbranson

Hutton Tryamkin

That still doesn't produce any more scoring from the back end...same sht different pile.

JB, I believe by reading this thread, said he needs to see what forward is available from a team that will lose a good talented player in the Expansion draft. He will target a forward with upside that will improve our group if the other team is willing to trade for an asset rather than lose a player for nothing. Makes sense...but a trade will still be hard to swing. I think if he is able, JB will be a seller if he has willing trade partners.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

JB, I believe by reading this thread, said he needs to see what forward is available from a team that will lose a good talented player in the Expansion draft. He will target a forward with upside that will improve our group if the other team is willing to trade for an asset rather than lose a player for nothing. Makes sense...but a trade will still be hard to swing. I think if he is able, JB will be a seller if he has willing trade partners.

That part gets totally ignored in here. We {CDC} know that Joe Schmuck on our team is worth a 1st round pick from Dallas and GMJB should be fired if he can't get that deal done. Doesn't matter that Dallas will be sellers just like us....:lol:

Benning will make moves. There is no doubt about that. The silence many are feeling worrisome about is purposeful. This hockey market is extremely reactionary and intense, and the media doesn't help things at all, what with their constant rumour mongering and craziness.

The media blackout, without coming out and saying it, is a great idea that will allow Benning to have his conversations in relative peace and make moves without the media exposing his hand too much.

This is a sellers market! How do people/management not understand that??!!! We are in a perfect spot to sell. Yeah there's better players like the duchenes and landeskogs of the world or even Martin hanzel but the price for those players are gonna be ridiculous and everyone knows it. The 2nd tier market isn't all that deep with all the teams still in the race. The hansens burrows of the world will be well sought out from teams who don't wanna mess with their top 6

1 hour ago, Fantomex said:

We are living in a soon to be forgotten era. Who cares if we are short a guy on the right side the next 2 years. 

Kind of get the impression that he's taking the TDL as of right now half heartedly. I think if he was a little more proactive in starting talks earlier last year we could have moved Hamhuis at the very least. I'm hoping we don't suffer the same fate this year. Hopefully theres a bit better separation between us and the wild card spots during our 5 days off and that Benning effectively uses that time to ask for team lists and start the ground work of some deals.

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Move Tanev and Sbisa.

Call up McEeney and Subban.

Trade Burr and Hansen.

Move them for picks this year and next.

Stick with picks. Land as many first as we can this year.

Bring back or retain salare as required.

Please Email this to JB.  Alf thinks that guy just doesn't get it:(

Botch and his toady Arndt (along with the rest of their ilk) are having a smarmy comment field day on this.  

I'm actually confident JB makes some decent moves this TDL... comments from both management and players seem to point to some moves.  

Players get it - JB promised to not ask them to waive but there was always the unwritten caveat that they would have to keep themselves in the hunt.  With their current situation all bets are off.

22 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

There were 152 players that made it to free agency last July so apparently there must be a lot of bad GM's out there that don't have a clue when it comes to asset management.

CDC would explode if we let Backes and Brouwer walk for nothing as St. Louis did.

St.louis was a contender made no sense for them to move those two 

Archived