JM_

To ANA:

Miller, Burrows

50% salary retained on both for a total cap hit of 5.25 mil to ANA

To VAN:

Jonathan Bernier (4.150 cap final year)

Nate Thompson (1.6 cap final year)

1st round pick

Why? ANA upgrades significantly in goal and playoff grit, gains a little bit of cap space. We get a late round 1st rounder for real value and a potential backup for Marky.

We have LTIR room to absorb the extra on Thompson's salary if need be but we may have about 0.5 mil in room to do it anyway. 

I like this, I don't know if Miller is really an upgrade on Gibson, but he'd sure provide some stability considering last year Gibson had a shaky start in the playoffs.  The fact that retain cap and take cap back is why I agree with the 1st round pick coming back our way. 

And if Hansen can also fetch a 1st round pick, JB will be busy on draft day. 

13 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I like this, I don't know if Miller is really an upgrade on Gibson, but he'd sure provide some stability considering last year Gibson had a shaky start in the playoffs.  The fact that retain cap and take cap back is why I agree with the 1st round pick coming back our way. 

And if Hansen can also fetch a 1st round pick, JB will be busy on draft day. 

Yah no kidding. AV loves Hansen too so he could go to either NYR or PIT for that. 

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Anaheim says no. They can do way better with their 1st round pick. Miller would still be the backup to Gibson and Burrows is barely an improvement over Thompson. 

If they win it all this season they'd be picking 31st overall, and that's probably not too much to ask for a guy who can start in a pinch (over an inconsistent backup they have now in Bernier), and Burrows is putting up lower-end 2nd line numbers with this career revival he's having.  Much better than Thompson who's only been in 7 games and was pointless in all of them.  For a playoff push, if a team's going to shore up weaknesses and shed cap, I think this would be a win, and if we can make something out of Bernie just like we did with Marky before, he could become a minor win too, not to mention getting the 1st.

Not bad, Ana might be looking for more speed and youth at forward though. They have a lot of 30-35 forward who are nearing the end of their careers 

I like having bernier as a back up for marky next year cause I still believe in him. He still has high ceiling imo

he was a highly touted prospect once upon a time not that long ago...in a galaxy far, far away 

Im not interested in any prospect in their organization except Larrson.   

Does anyone else here think Anaheim is in for a rough few years in 2-3 years? The time is now for this team.

If we could swing a deal like this, i can't see why we would say no.

Archived