The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

On 20/04/2018 at 3:37 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So it’s confirmed that Dahlén turned down Team Sweden for Utica:

Feel like I heard this already but was only a rumour at the time? Maybe already reported but figured I’d share anyway.

If Dahlen did this. I wonder if Elias would if we win tomorrow. When is the third game? In Utica for game 3 or is it 3 straight in Toronto?

Quotes from a recent Sporting News article: http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/vancouver-canucks-prospects-lukas-jasek-jonathan-dahlen-kole-lind-utica-comets-north-america-professional-game-analysis-statistics/smqaooandwh41n5z9cxpflaxk

Dahlén:

“It’s huge, being a big part like that and staying with Timra even though all teams in the top league wanted to get me over,” said Dahen, who confirmed he was in talks to join fellow Canucks prospect Elias Pettersson in Vaxjo of the SHL this season. “I wanted to stay and finish what we started with all the boys who were nice to me when I came up to the big club in Timra.

“I was really taken by the moment when we managed to do it, being down 3-1 too, it’s not easy. It’s a tough way to go up to the first league in Sweden, but we managed to do it and couldn’t be more proud of the boys.”

“It was good, it was real fun,” said Dahlen. “First [AHL] game I was really tired a lot because I think I was trying to skate hard, second game I used my energy a little smarter and really had it when I needed it the most. I got used to it and I had a really good second game I think.

“I’m not that fast a skater when I skate straight forward, but when I use my hips and open ‘em up, I become a really fast skater.”

“We know each other real good [Dahlén and Petterson], we’re good buddies, we talk a lot,” he said. “We’re excited about it, to get the opportunity to come over and play together, but its hard work. We’ve got to work hard to gain that opportunity, but we’re willing to do that. Hopefully it happens.”

Cull:

“I thought he went to the right areas,” Cull said.  “He’s a guy whose got a really good hockey sense and he’s a little tenacious with the puck, he doesn’t mind going to those dirty areas, which in turn turns into chances for other people.

“I think (the exhibition [tryout] games) was a great window for him, know what to expect and I think that’s probably helping him more.”

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

So I was looking for some behind the scenes footage of the discussion about Dubios vs Pulvi and... I came across this lol.  A video of Ottawas chief scout talking about how they loved dahlen and he was their targeted guy lol.

very cool video to find. shows the selection process, introduction etc.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

...He looks 12 at least....

I think it's good we are drafting/trading for these baby faced players.  They have clearly a lot of physical development left.  The guys who developed earlier, will (likely) get passed by these late bloomers.  Goldy looks even younger than this baby faced boy.

• Like 1