The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

7 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, the Dahlin/Dahlén name thing will be confusing. But I suppose it’s a problem I can learn to live with. ;) 

Not problem if you ask me lol. Our commentators won't get it mixed up after a season. The hockey night in Canada guys may tho lol. As long as your watching our broadcast you should be okay. :) Anytime they mix them up they will probably laughing at how amazing the play was when either was on the ice. :) They are that good. :)

4 hours ago, nzan said:

The presumed future is so stacked you missed a certain young man by the name of Brock  Boeser

Haha. That wonderful feeling when you list off all of our prospects and you forget to mention one of the most important ones because we got so many lol. Good problem to have. B)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rush17 said:

This is from a while back after Pettersson was selected. Likely in the off season at dev camp.

As much as people keep wanting to reunite Dahlen with EP, I think Dahlen's game could mesh VERY well with Horvat long term.

• Like 1

Dahlens edge work  :wub: Reminds me a little bit of the way crosby skates. Now if he can get the hand-eye coordination, high IQ, board work, passing, dangles, lower body stength, and back hand of Sid, wed have our own #87 on our hands <_<

seriously though im stoekd on this kid. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

I was just thinking about a top six line of 54-53-6 the other day :goat:

Long term, I could easily see '6' on a line with '40' actually. The LW there is the question IMO.

And if Jake can continue his late season trajectory something like...

LW, 40, 6

54, 53, 18

Now that LW could very well be Tkachuck/Zadina this draft or maybe we trade for someone or sign Kane but IMO that spot needs a bit of size and snarl ideally.

39 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Dahlens edge work  :wub: Reminds me a little bit of the way crosby skates. Now if he can get the hand-eye coordination, high IQ, board work, passing, dangles, lower body stength, and back hand of Sid, wed have our own #87 on our hands <_<

I can totally see that on his goal, the way he uses his outside edges and keeps his core square to the puck and the net.  Even for a professional hockey player, it was very impressive

Edited by stawns

40 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

His father Ulf was known for that shuffling edge work. I remember Shinkaruk doing that same shuffling move in 2014 scoring those 2 pre season goals.  The only other player I’ve seen do that is Jeremy Bracco from The leafs.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

As much as people keep wanting to reunite Dahlen with EP, I think Dahlen's game could mesh VERY well with Horvat long term.

I've had a similar thought.  Dahlen and Horvat could be a strong duo as well as Pettersson and Boeser or Jake.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I've had a similar thought.  Dahlen and Horvat could be a strong duo as well as Pettersson and Boeser or Jake.

I am thinking

dahlen & Jasek with Horvat

pettersen centering Boeser and baertchi.  

leipsic & Jake with Gaudette

But I don't think they will let the team go that young so not next year.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Long term, I could easily see '6' on a line with '40' actually. The LW there is the question IMO.

And if Jake can continue his late season trajectory something like...

LW, 40, 6

54, 53, 18

Now that LW could very well be Tkachuck/Zadina this draft or maybe we trade for someone or sign Kane but IMO that spot needs a bit of size and snarl ideally.

Virtanen's been known to play LW so he may be a good fit there. Gives that line some size, enhanced speed and a level of toughness. Although Dahlen there could be great as well. With what we currently have and looking 3ish years down the line, one could see something like

54-40-6

77-53-78

9-88-18

21-15-40 (gadj,Mac,Jasek)

4 lines that can score with a decent mix of toughness in MacEwen, Gadj, Virt, Gaud and even guys like Leipsic and Lind.

Don't get me wrong I don't think all of these guys will live up to their potentials but considering the quality of prospects we have now theres a good chance.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

I am thinking

dahlen & Jasek with Horvat

pettersen centering Boeser and baertchi.  

leipsic & Jake with Gaudette

But I don't think they will let the team go that young so not next year.  

Oh that's nasty.  Jasek and Bo sound like natural fits too.  ^^ your mind may be to great for these forums.

If Baer is traded swap in Goldobin. 

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

His father Ulf was known for that shuffling edge work. I remember Shinkaruk doing that same shuffling move in 2014 scoring those 2 pre season goals.  The only other player I’ve seen do that is Jeremy Bracco from The leafs.

Reminds me of Crosby because of that wrap around goal he scored in game 3 against phillly the three day. I think that dahlen could get in a similar level and if he does, lookout

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Reminds me of Crosby because of that wrap around goal he scored in game 3 against phillly the three day. I think that dahlen could get in a similar level and if he does, lookout

He looks more like a mini Jagr to me.