The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

16 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

...The Dahlen Lama...chuckling his way to goal line...then centre ice for the faceoff...

So many saviors coming our way next year...it may be hard to pick your favorite...(EP to start).

Jasek keep them coming JBman....

Oh man, "Dahlen Lama" should be his nickname and the crowd can do the Buddhist bow in unison when he scores. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, stawns said:

no one compared him to Crosby, aside from how he uses his edges.

Yeah i even as far as pointing out all the ways he is not the same as crosby: 

On 2018-04-16 at 10:50 AM, Canadian Clay said:

Dahlens edge work  :wub: Reminds me a little bit of the way crosby skates. Now if he can get the hand-eye coordination, high IQ, board work, passing, dangles, lower body stength, and back hand of Sid, wed have our own #87 on our hands <_<

seriously though im stoekd on this kid. 

People over react as soon as some one is compared to a hockey great. Just cause they play a similar game doesnt mean they have similar skill, but when you point out similarities people think your prediciting the next messiah. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Yeah i even as far as pointing out all the ways he is not the same as crosby: 

People over react as soon as some one is compared to a hockey great. Just cause they play a similar game doesnt mean they have similar skill, but when you point out similarities people think your prediciting the next messiah. 

Exactley. It's fun to compare. I hope he is kind of a Panarin lite.

17 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

This is perhaps the most encouraging thing -- our two smallish twiggy Swedish boys actually enjoy the physical game and playing with some grit, unafraid and willing to drive the hoop.

Dahlen isn’t twiggy at all. Guy is stocky and built. I can see him playing at 195-200lbs. A gritty player that isn’t afraid to go to the net. And because of that aspect that he has, i think Dahlen might actually take Baertschi’s spot next season. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Dahlen isn’t twiggy at all. Guy is stocky and built. I can see him playing at 195-200lbs. A gritty player that isn’t afraid to go to the net. And because of that aspect that he has, i think Dahlen might actually take Baertschi’s spot next season. 

He's listed at 176 right now.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

He's listed at 176 right now.

I actually thought he looked kinda stocky as well, is that Utica’s digits on him? I feel like he resembles the hard nosed game filip forsberg plays, I know I’m dreaming of comparing him to forsberg but I feel Jeff skinner/forsberg hibred? 

the way he opens up his hips while skating is insane, ive only seen that from a couple other players 1 of them his dad, he keeps his speed up and can have his core faces to the goal all the time

Edited by ForzaTikare