The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Dahlén now has 4 points (2G 2A) in 4 Allsvenskan games played.

All 4 are primary points (ie: goals and first assists).

that 1st goal is pretty hilarious - it needs a name like "whiff dangle"

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Canuck Drogo said:

Hahaha I was literally just about to say the same thing! He seems to have slick hands and great passes. 

DraftSite- mock draft has him going 96 in the 4th round.  This is going to be a good draft. I hope we can get some more picks

96 Arizona logo Arizona Filip Hållander C Timrå IK(Allsvenskan) 6' 1" 185

12 hours ago, Brobidus said:

I've seen a couple of posts claiming Dahlen will be signing with Brynas. Not official yet but looks like Dahlen will get a promotion soon.

Not sure how SHL signing dynamics work but a little disappointed that he's not going to Vaxjo with Pettersson... Oh well, might do them some good to develop independent skill apart from one another

4 hours ago, naslundfan921 said:

Not sure how SHL signing dynamics work but a little disappointed that he's not going to Vaxjo with Pettersson... Oh well, might do them some good to develop independent skill apart from one another

I actually think it will be much better to have Dahlen away from EP for the season. Jonathan will be playing on a Brynas team that is in the bottom half of the SHL standings, which to me suggests the opportunity for more playing time. Both Dahlen and EP are currently playing left wing, I believe, which is another issue. Anyway, I doubt our scouts/development staff/Benning want to try to force a Sedin situation on these guys. Clearly they think that having them develop as their own hockey players is much more important than building chemistry. If in the future they play together as Canucks, they'll have literally years to get used to each other. For now, each of them playing with established, experienced pros will almost definitely be more beneficial than playing with each other.

As a side note, I doubt they'd play together in Vaxjo anyway, at least at even strength. Like I said, they're both playing the same wing, and I tend to think rookies are typically split up in the Euro leagues.

Regardless, I think this is the best news we could hope to hear for Dahlen. Perhaps after half a season of adult hockey he'll be ready to come over to Utica next year, or maybe even for the Comets impending Calder Cup run :)

3 hours ago, Guile said:

I actually think it will be much better to have Dahlen away from EP for the season. Jonathan will be playing on a Brynas team that is in the bottom half of the SHL standings, which to me suggests the opportunity for more playing time. Both Dahlen and EP are currently playing left wing, I believe, which is another issue. Anyway, I doubt our scouts/development staff/Benning want to try to force a Sedin situation on these guys. Clearly they think that having them develop as their own hockey players is much more important than building chemistry. If in the future they play together as Canucks, they'll have literally years to get used to each other. For now, each of them playing with established, experienced pros will almost definitely be more beneficial than playing with each other.

As a side note, I doubt they'd play together in Vaxjo anyway, at least at even strength. Like I said, they're both playing the same wing, and I tend to think rookies are typically split up in the Euro leagues.

Regardless, I think this is the best news we could hope to hear for Dahlen. Perhaps after half a season of adult hockey he'll be ready to come over to Utica next year, or maybe even for the Comets impending Calder Cup run :)

I honestly don't see them playing together in VAN as likely anyway. Not on a regular basis anyway.

3 hours ago, Guile said:

Small point, but I'm pretty sure Pettersson plays mostly RW while Dahlén plays LW.

IIRC, they were used that way when they played together in Timrå. And Pettersson has been the first line RW for Växjö this season while Dahlén has been playing LW on Timrå's first and second lines.

I do agree though that they'd likely be split up if they played on the same SHL team.

9 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

looks like 3 points now...

Yep. Scored a goal on the penalty shot, primary assist on a goal at even strength, and primary assist on a power play goal.

3-0 Timrå. Dahlén with points on all three goals. And still one more period to play. :) 

EDIT: so that's 7 points (3G 4A) in 4 2/3 games played. All are primary points. Think this kid's ready for the SHL.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 3