The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

18 hours ago, Derp... said:

Looks like he is playing for the Comets once he is back from Mono

That's going to be a pretty good team, will be lots of fun to watch this year! Can't wait for the season to start. Last nights game felt like a tease...

• Upvote 1

Good news. Be nice to maybe see him this preseason. Though people need to be patient, there's zero chance he'll be 100% In fact he'll probably be behind all year. 

Please try to keep that in mind when evaluating his performance this year CDC.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Good news. Be nice to maybe see him this preseason. Though people need to be patient, there's zero chance he'll be 100% In fact he'll probably be behind all year. 

Please try to keep that in mind when evaluating his performance this year CDC.

C'mon JR, this is the place to rag on guys like OJ cuz they're a not 19 year old Erik Karlsson. 

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Right. Sorry.

What was I thinking?!

Virtanen is stepping his game up. 

Pettersson looks like the real deal. 

OJ has struggled a tad. 

Realistically, if 2 out of your top 5(6) picks are impact, regular NHLers, you're doing well at the draft table imo. Anybody with half a brain knew OJ had a long road to be that player for us and anyone that's upset with his play thus far this year is as impatient as it gets. 

Edited by ThaShady1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ThaShady1 said:

Virtanen is stepping his game up. 

Pettersson looks like the real deal. 

OJ has struggled a tad. 

Realistically, if 2 out of your top 5(6) picks are impact, regular NHLers, you're doing well at the draft table imo. Anybody with half a brain knew OJ had a long road to be that player for us and anyone that's upset with his play thus far this year is as impatient as it gets. 

Half of CDC seems to always walking around waiting for the other shoe to drop, looking for the next thing to prematurely and unnecessarily fret about. 

People need to visit a dispensary or something :lol:

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Half of CDC seems to always walking around waiting for the other shoe to drop, looking for the next thing to prematurely and unnecessarily fret about. 

People need to visit a dispensary or something :lol:

Lol. I have definitely noticed, even in the GDT's, that when something bad happens for us (Canucks get trounced by LV, vs when we beat the Kings; or Virtanen plays well but OJ struggles) that those particular "negative threads" always seem to be more popular than the positive ones. Makes me wonder if there's that many trolls here, or perhaps people are just habitually cynical. 

It's much easier to complain and be negative. You don't have to be intelligent (or even correct!) to do so.

Conversely, when people see a positive, well constructed point, it turns into a sense of agreement but maybe not as much discussion.

• Upvote 4

After watching lazar during preseason last night im glad we got dahleen.he reminds me of a taller hansen during his early years lots of speed but doesnt know what to do with the puck when it gets to decision time.

Edited by Violator

On 9/19/2017 at 3:56 PM, ThaShady1 said:

Lol. I have definitely noticed, even in the GDT's, that when something bad happens for us (Canucks get trounced by LV, vs when we beat the Kings; or Virtanen plays well but OJ struggles) that those particular "negative threads" always seem to be more popular than the positive ones. Makes me wonder if there's that many trolls here, or perhaps people are just habitually cynical. 

It's hilarious actually, pretty much like clock work. The negative posts just start flying off the shelf after a loss. Benning is an idiot, Fire Benning, Fire Linden, Fire Lindenning, on and on and on...really annoying! There are some great posters on here, I mostly just read and don't respond much but I get a lot of great info from some good people on here. I'll keep focusing on them and their informative posts and not even bother with the rest of the trash because it's so repetitive!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, elvis15 said:

It's much easier to complain and be negative. You don't have to be intelligent (or even correct!) to do so.

Conversely, when people see a positive, well constructed point, it turns into a sense of agreement but maybe not as much discussion.

You're right, good point. When you see something well constructed with good thought put into it all you can really do is give props or a plus to the guy lol. But those are the kind of posts I like. Something with substance that I can read and maybe learn a bit from.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Upvote 1

On 2017-09-26 at 2:45 AM, Erik Karlsson said:

He won't be playing. 

Ah, and there you go. Officially sent to Utica.

He will be somebody to keep a close eye on.

I would wager that he's not NHL ready this year, but what if he plays dominant hockey in Utica like he did in Sweden?
Nice to have him in NA for call-up purposes.
The sky is the limit for this kid, as this is somebody that still legitimately has a chance at being a top line forward for this club down the road. His hunger and passion appear hard to tame, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not under the radar for much longer.

• Upvote 1